Declining Interest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheRealDeathern, Sep 22, 2014.

1. DCUController New Player

true, Im only CR107, and can solo troll necro and artifacts with 3,333 vit (312 PoT)

so a CR108 troll should be able to handle it with ease.
  2. same Johnny Dedicated Player

One fast WM combo to reduce your own power cost, jump on any supply drop you see, keep your soders in hand and solo trolling is not a stretch...

Like I said earlier in this thread, there were raids where I had the misfortune of being the main troller; I would quite simply forget to pot out of boredom, but everyone's power bar (except my own, granted) remained at 75%+...
  3. KomarnoMan Well-Known Player

I have used many replay badges, especially on lower CR to increase my CR. I tend to use replay badges on Gates because the rewards are fairly decent. On lower CR, I have used them on Sub-Avatars to help get higher level armour. Although I tend to complain about the glitches - the game play is okay in my books and seems to be my type of game. If you bore easily - then I suggest that DCUO is not your type of game - but then What is?
  4. Exsophere Level 30

+1

Game needs to go back to the old days, the days of T4 were the best.
    • Like x 5
  5. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

I think the game is really what you make of it, and as with any MMO, interest in the particular game is like a roller coaster. It goes up, and it goes down.

Personally, I find myself more and more interested in DCUO, and playing it much more regularly the past few weeks. Part of the reason is the premiere of "Gotham" and Season 2 of "Agents of SHIELD" as well as the upcoming "The Flash" and Season 3 of "Arrow" which has me in a "superhero" mood lately.

But when that mood tapers off a bit, I'll start jumping back and forth to other games, until the mood picks up again.

It's normal and natural really.

I do have to say though, of the 3 games I am currently active in (DCUO, SWTOR, STO) I feel DCUO is doing the best in terms of keeping new content flowing and finding reasons to keep me in the game, with SWTOR in a close second and STO is...well it's STO. Never particularly on the ball in terms of timely updates and new content, but it's Star Trek and that's what keeps me going back, blasting Klingons out of the stars. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Ice Lantern New Player

I disagree. For some of us, we can only make so much of this game now because so many things are lacking and diversity of play is constantly being stripped away. There's only so much you can do to make this game more interesting. And while interest in the game does go up a bit when there's something new, it's on the decline for the most part. And with more games coming out for this generation of consoles, that interest will only decline more rapidly.
    • Like x 2
  7. DCUController New Player

I oh wasn't asking how to solo troll :p I know all to well how to :rolleyes:

was simply said I've been in T6 raids where I was solo trolling at that CR and vit, so CR108 troll fully modded, high end SP would/should have 0 issues I'd like to think.
  8. Buckley Loyal Player

Dont forget to drop the Might and Prec numbers as well!!
    • Like x 3
  9. same Johnny Dedicated Player

That came out wrong, it seems, I really was not trying to teach, just pointing out how easy it became :)
  10. iSmashly New Player

I agree with many of your points except for that last bit about Destiny. That games going to lose its player base very quickly. There's nothing remarkable about it looks pretty and it's controls are near perfect but content wise it's just so, bleh. This is coming from someone that preordered it and is already getting tired of its crap.
    So happy I decided against unsubbing from DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  11. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Mad because they fixed the Loot Cave exploit?
    • Like x 4
  12. ChuckLess New Player

That was on Earth right? I rented the game for a few days, so only played a little. I think I came across that. Took a few min to realize what was going on ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. iSmashly New Player

Hardly. The cave farming was about as entertaining as any of the strikes or the raid. I'd rather farm exobits.
  14. TheRealDeathern New Player

Do something to slow down burn... :eek: in this game? Never.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You have not hit the T6 level yet. While I don't fully agree with everything most people have presented here, I do have to say they are right about the level of tedium in the T6 content compared to T1-T4 (won't inlcude T5 because it's an odd duck). You are currently playing the game at its best...when you reach the T6 stuff you'll be back here complaining with the rest, yearning for the glody days of content.

If the Devs could bring back some of the challenge of the old days into the new content, they would have a better shot of retaining more players. After all, if you're beating new content on day one like you've been playing it for weeks, it means there's not much to hold people's interests after 3 or more weeks...with no new DLC in sight for at least 6-7 weeks, that's not good for player retention.
    • Like x 1
  16. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

In my opinion, the community is killing the game. Everything you've asked for, the Devs have delivered in some form or fashion. They game has completely transformed from what it was at launch. Sometimes that's a good thing and other times it's a bad thing. For many, these changes have drove them away from the game entirely or, like some people in this thread, their interest in it is declining. Contrary to what the "Pro-DCUO/Fanboy" crowd believes, these people whose interest is declining don't want the game to die. They love it, or at least like it enough to continue paying for it, and they want to see it do well.

People dub them as "Doomsayers of DCUO" but these people are posting legitimate concerns with the game. IMO, these concerns shouldn't be met with "If you don't like it, get out" response. You chase enough of those people away and sooner or later you won't have enough people to support the game you enjoy playing anymore. Sure, as some people leave others join, but it's not about how many join. It's about how many join and STAY. I had a friend get a PS4 the other day with the Destiny Bundle and he downloaded DCUO as well since it was free. He made a toon, kinda lost interest in it at Lv.18, and hasn't played the game since.

I'm not saying DCUO will cease to exist in the next year or whatever but I did notice that the majority of the forum community used to support these changes where as the minority opposed them. As things stand now, those scales seem to have tipped a bit and that's noticeable because the same people that I witnessed rally alongside SOE months ago are now expressing doubt or concern.
    • Like x 8
  17. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

It has to be acknowledged that one big issue with this last DLC and DLC's moving forward is the unique mark strategy and thus a use and lose it philosophy continues on and on. I obviously can't say that has any major effect with what's going on currently but I'd pretty much guarantee a lack of options in how to play is a large part of why people will leave this game. Give me something to do when I'm bored with the 4-5 newest levels. Grinding the same few levels isn't going to cut it for most players.
    • Like x 2
  18. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i still enjoy the game but the 1 thing i saw wrong was the way t6 was added they should have added everything they have now all at once instead of in 2 parts because what ended up happening is people grinded TD so much by the time icw and sb and the raids were added people were so sick of td no one wanted to play it anymore and now with the new alerts people are getting sick of them fast for the same reason

the other problem is the new raids are more of a chore than a challenge stuff just has way too much health and has random 1 shots so its all just tank in the corner and dps the hell out of it healers not even needed and if you try to run a 1-1-1-1 set up it takes forever because of the health the enemies have and this is not fun or challenging its just a chore you have to do to get gear

in my case i just maxed out my toons gear and now i'm working on feats in lower tier stuff because its more fun than the new stuff and i suspect this is part of why so many are leaving or thinking of leaving or like i said in an earlier post they are just burning out from playing too long and just need a break

i think in the future they should release more at once so we don't get bored so fast and add less health to enemies but more challenge,just because something takes an hour to kill does not mean it was challenging or fun it just means it took an hour to kill and that will only drive people away because grinding for gear should be fun not a chore and a bore fest

and they need to add more 1 player stuff to do for those of use who like to play late at night when no ones on
    • Like x 1
  19. Dolfo Dedicated Player

I will say DCUO was very lacking in content at least until T4 aka Battle For Earth. Very sad when you take into account that SOE has had plenty of experience in MMOs, also DC is/was already a very well established IP with so much to draw ideas from. Where as Destiny does lack in content, SOE should have no excuses for the lack of content they had during the first 2 years js:p.
  20. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

An idea for a new 4 man or 8 man operation that I think would bring fun back into the game...

My team of villains queue up in PvP gear, and are dropped into the Watch Tower's PvP phase!
    Your team of heroes queue in PvP gear, and are dropped into the Hall of Doom's PvP phase!

Every one killed drops Marks based upon their gear. Below level 30 drops 1 MoV. Scale it up to say 25 MoV (using the new costs) for top geared players. Gotta kill a lot of 'em for it to add up.
    Also, every kill has a chance of dropping a cross-faction style piece, and enable the feats.

Killing the raiding party would grant 50 - 100 MoV each (scaled by gear) and have a higher chance of dropping the cross-faction styles.

This would give us a randomly occurring (for the people in WT or HoD) event, new styles, and new feats.
    Yes, I know it's all PvP, but that allows for more variations in the run, as you never know who will be in the HQ, or how many people you will find there!