Dev Discussion Death of Superman Part 3: The Last Son of Krypton (Solo)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hey folks!

Today the Death of Superman Part 3: The Last Son of Krypton solo mission launched on the Live servers. This is the final planned part of this 3-part celebration that started with the Doomed Metropolis open-world, and continued with the Doomsday raid.

If you're level 10 or above, you should get a mission directing you to queue up for the 1-Player instance of the same name. This solo instance will remain active, unlike event content.

I'll be watching this thread most closely for feedback about the Last Son of Krypton solo.

I hope you enjoy this content, and thanks for your continued support of DCUO!
    • Like x 4
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The main way to stop Xa Du or whatever his name is from entering the light is to CC him? Seems that was the only thing that halted him
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Lol just try constantly lunging the bastard. Lol its hilarious af.
    • Like x 1
  4. hazard099 Active Player

I dont usually complain but that was meh
    • Like x 1
  5. Kestral Committed Player

So is superman still dead at the end? The consoles seemed to be saying it was a faked death state but supergirl never reacted to hearing them after the first two. Also why do I have to pick up the body at the end he's not my relative. Supergirls should pick him up.
  6. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

7. JackFrost Developer

Supergirl trusted you to help recover Superman's body, but low and behold, when you found him, he was alive, but just barely!
    • Like x 3
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

it's alright, for what little you do it has adequate rewards, just wish it was longer though, so much of the map wasn't used and i felt it cut itself short for some reason.
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If you're a tank you can also pull him. As long as you don't accidentally give him immunity, that is. In his weakened state you can do pretty much anything you want - push, pull, knockdown, knockback, etc.
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, it was just a free-to-play solo instance roughly similar to one of the John Constantine instances or a seasonal. I liked it in that context. I wasn't expecting much so I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely wasn't expecting a boss fight with mechanics - simple mechanics mind you, but they are still there.
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

true, and it's not like it's bad mechanics or a long and over whelming boss fight like orm from deluge either. xa-du is sufficiently hard enough to keep the player engaged without being overly tank and spank. just would've been nice if we had a bonus fight or something to take up the space after the boss fight where the phantom zone just continues on past that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Since your powers come from the exobytes and not from a yellow sun, you're probably stronger than Supergirl at the moment. Plus, would it kill you to be chivalrous for 5 minutes? Like maybe say,

You: "Here Supergirl, let me grab your cousin's semi-lifeless body and open the portal for you..."

Supergirl: "Thank you, that's so nice of you..."

You: "No problem. Just doing what I can... hey.. um...

Supergirl: "Mmm-hmm?"

You: Would you want to maybe... I don't know... grab a cup of coffee or something, sometime?

Supergirl: "Um...well, OK. You're kind of cute." (Supergirl steps through the portal...)

You: "Whoo-hoooooO!!!!!" (You bonk Superman's head against the portal console on your way through) "Whoops... that'll be our little secret."

20 Years Later...

You: "I don't know, Kara. I don't know why Clark won't just accept me into the family."

Kara: "He does, baby... he likes you. He really does."

You: "He set my suit on fire last week."

Kara: "That's just his way so showing affection. Don't be so sensitive."

You: "What about the time he drew 'You're a dead man" on my car with his heat vision?"

Kara: "Just drop it, please. Clark said that was Lex Luthor trying to frame him..."

Just then, Superman walks in the door...

Kara: "Clark! I'm so happy to see you."

Superman: "Me too! Love you hair!"

Kara walks into the kitchen to feed the kids...

You: "Hey, Clark."

Superman: "Yo. What's up with calling me Clark in public, man? Trying to blow my cover or something?"

You: "No, I mean, Kara said it...so..."

Superman: (walking up close to whisper in your ear...) "You've never been good enough for her, you know that right? She would leave you for a real kryptonian in a heartbeat if they weren't all dead..."

You: "Excuse me?"

Superman: "And don't think I don't remember what you did to my head in the phantom zone, jerk."

(Kara walks in) "Are you boys playing nice?"

(Superman laughs) "Sport here was just showing me how to improve my heat vision."

"That's so nice. Why don't you two go to grab a beer?"

You: "No, I think I have to go... and, uh, help Aquaman with this... ugh, thing."

Superman: (sneers) "Yeah, Aquaman. That totally doesn't surprise me."

Edit: Whoops, I quoted the wrong person. Sorry, JackFrost. I'm sure YOU are naturally chivalrous by nature.
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i could honestly see that happening, super man doesn't do it often but when he does, he holds a grudge worse than batman XD. did you know he threw jimmy olsen his best friend in an insane asylum twice and forced him to marry an ape? me neither.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

[IMG]
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The joke was on Superman, though, because Jimmy got even:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.