Test Discussion Death of Superman Part 2: Doomsday (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Ted got it almost as bad as Superman. I do have to say those guys weren't the B team they took on Doomsday say what you want about Booster and Guy but they gave it 100% that day.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Ted got put into a coma, Booster lost an arm.
    • Like x 1
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Not to mention it tore up Booster's super suit and left him walking around in this beast for awhile:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. JackFrost Developer

Just so everyone who may be following the thread is aware, we pushed a series of changes to the PCTest server last night that update the Doomsday raid, with specific focus on difficulty tuning in the 'normal' version. If you get a chance to play it, I'd love to hear any additional feedback. Thanks!
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

@JackFrost
    Can you check the damage output on Doomsday's Heat Vision attack? It seems to be doing very little damage now. What used to be a one-shot is only doing a little bit of damage to non-blocking players.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    What are the mechanics behind Doomsdays Health Regeneration? My observation was that Doomsday would regenerate a large chunk at one time. Does that occur when Doomsday reaches a specific health interval or is tied to a timer?
    • Like x 1
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    About Doomsday's skull attacks:

What skull attack does Doomsday use at 11-13 seconds? It sounds like a Gadgets Gauss Grenade. That is the only time I've seen him use that attack.
    • Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I ran the T9 Hero version of the Doomsday raid today with a Test Server PUG group. A bunch of them tried to melee Doomsday and that didn't go very well for them. Doomsday will wreck any DPS that tries to melee him.

Even if you have a completely dysfunctional group, the raid is still on the easy side. The mechanics seem to be working a bit better though. The meteors say within the Xs now. The crystals do AoE damage if you are beside them when they explode. I didn't seem to take any damage when standing beside a crystal though when not using the Probiotic.

Doomsday still likes to teleport immediately after landing during a Jump attack.

Doomsday's Skull attacks still feel very random. I've seen him use it while smashing a Daily Planet globe, using Heat Vision, throwing a Gauss Grenade, and doing a couple other attacks. It is hard to predict how to react when you see the skull.
    • Like x 1
  10. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the video! There was a bug here which you helped identify. Instead of delaying the "Spike Wave" attack for 1.5 seconds, the tell ('skull') was being delayed 1.5 seconds.

There are 2 'skull' attacks in this fight: 1) his eye beam, 2) his "Spike Wave" attack.

I'll get a fix out for this when I can. Much appreciated!

Regarding the eye beam attack, I looked at it and it doesn't appear out of whack. If you block, it should be very survivable if you're at full health, but if you don't, it should deal a chunk of damage. I may adjust it slightly. There was one issue where it wasn't doing the pushback it was supposed to if you didn't block. I'll definitely fix that.

Thanks again!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.