Dev Discussion Death of Superman Part 1: Doomed Metropolis (Open World)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Today we published the first part of our Death of Superman story!

When you log in, you should receive a mission entitled "Doomed Metropolis (Part 1)" if your character is level 10 or above. You should be able to follow that mission through the Watchtower or Hall of Doom (or through the Warp Menu) to a new Metropolis zone.

Again, note that this is just Part 1 of a 3-part celebration. That said, the intent is for this content to stay turned on and active so it can be revisited even after we release future content.

I'll be most closely monitoring this thread for any feedback or bug reports.

We hope you enjoy!
    • Like x 2
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

A couple of things:

1. I noticed a couple of times where Doomsday would stop attacking for a non-trivial amount of time if he was completely boxes in by players/pets.

2. For the weekly bounty (Hank/Bizarro), would it be possible to lower the contribution requirement a bit? If a large group and solo player are attacking the bounty, the solo player has a good chance of not getting credit.
    • Like x 4
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

For the weekly bounty, you can troll the opposite faction by calling down a Supply Drop on top the bounty. If you are a Hero, you can heal Superboy/Steel back up from almost dead to full health by doing that.
    • Like x 2
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You might want to make it so the mission journal is clearer about what you're supposed to do once you get to where Lois in. At the moment (during the introductory mission), it just says, go talk to Lois, and points the way. When you arrive, it tells you to investigate the Kryptonian artifact (before you even get a chance to talk to Lois). Once you investigate it, your Journal has no more quests related to DoS.

There's nothing reminding players to talk to Lois. There's nothing telling players they need to go back to their mission hub or that any quests have been unlocked.

I would recommend the Journal direct you back to your mission hub before completing the quest.
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Is it intended for the Lex Corp / Star Labs guys we have to take down for the 99 be so spread out across the map? It seems really hard to find enough (spawns for the plague mist also seem pretty few and far between) considering the amount of players in the zone. Phasing to a new zone with few players helps sometimes, but it still takes a long time to hunt down enough for each mission.
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I have yet to do the Hero bounties but Can we lose this ability? I'm sorry but this is exactly the kind of thing that creates the We are Villains OR We are Heroes .. we rule and you guys suck that we see in game. If Hank Henshaw needs a heal let him pop a dang soda like the rest of us. Its basically a PvE zone even if the villains do have different missions than the heroes and no gets any feats for keeping the other side's bounty alive. All it does is gives both sides yet another way to TROLL each other. believe it of not some people only have a certain amount of time to play the game a day or even a week and the last thing they need is some jerk standing there healing the thing they are trying to defeat.
    • Like x 2
  7. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I'm I just having really bad luck, or are the troopers not dropping nth metal? I may be imagining it. The turrets seem to always drop them for me.
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The best place to hunt for kills is on the western side of the map under/over the bridge near the Villain spawn. There are a few places where you'll get 3 LexCorp NPCs spawning at one time. You can also work on the turret feat. There simply aren't enough NPCs anywhere else do to do the mission efficiently.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I discovered that as well. I was super excited at first, but then I discovered that the turrets don't count towards the weekly (though they do count for the feat). So it takes a lot longer. I've gotten better at finding groups of 2, but it still takes a long time no matter what. Fortunately, only 1 of my alts looks good with the style, and a different 1 the aura, so I don't have to run it on too many characters.
  10. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for all of the feedback so far. Regarding these issues specifically:
    1. I noticed a couple of times where Doomsday would stop attacking for a non-trivial amount of time if he was completely boxes in by players/pets.

2. For the weekly bounty (Hank/Bizarro), would it be possible to lower the contribution requirement a bit? If a large group and solo player are attacking the bounty, the solo player has a good chance of not getting credit.

3. For the weekly bounty, you can troll the opposite faction by calling down a Supply Drop on top the bounty. If you are a Hero, you can heal Superboy/Steel back up from almost dead to full health by doing that.

I'm working on a potential fix for the 1st issue, and fixes for the other 2 issues should come out in a hotfix sometime pretty soon, but I'm not sure when yet.

Thanks!
    • Like x 3
  11. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Everybody's been getting kicked off fighting Doomsday. This really needs to be fixed.
    • Like x 1
  12. Savynaa Well-Known Player

Can you please add more time for the Probiotic ? Specialy when you saw the raid will need 100000 probiotic, 3 min is not enough.

I did the 100 Doomsday last night and very often the boss reset it is very annoying and take more time, sometime it happen 2-3 in the same fight.
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Timer on probiotic.

Right now the timer for the probiotic icon is about as fast as a regular cola or maybe faster.
    Can you make the timer on the probiotic icon match the actual 3 minute in game timer for the probiotic?

This would be a good tell for players to know when the 3 minutes are about up.
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

The visual effect for the consumable is to weak, i cant notice it with all the rage crash mechanic going on, to often i end up dead cause of the consumable not active plus its impossible to get the bounty if one isnt in a group besides other groups.
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Please extend the probiotic. There is no reason for it to be so short. 30 minutes would be good.
    • Like x 1
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I havent played the content yet and i just watched the stream. THIS LOOKS AWESOME. With that being said, Being that this is the first MISSION/RAID of its own kind, can this be a DAILY RAID... i think thats the next level to advance DCUO gameplay... IMO

Raids are the best part of this game, but we are LIMITED to play it only once a week?(excluding optional replays of course)

Daily raids should be the next step towards progression for this game IMO.. Now im not asking for them all the time, but i do think it should be apart of the daily content rotation as well, while maintaining the content release status quo for the other raids ...
  17. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

FINALLY some faction RIVALRY!!!! since pvp disappeared there hasnt been ANY TENSION between factions.. time to bring it back..
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Currently playing the content now.. You guys should add a loud HIGH DEFINITION BOOM or destruction sound no matter how far the distance, to emphasize DOOMSDAY arrival/presence.. Seems the destruction sounds you guys are using are a bit outdated. Just a suggestion... Ill keep playing and report back if i have anymore..
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The timer on the probiotic is the same time as a cola. Please set the cooldown timer on the probiotic icon to 3 minutes.
    [IMG]
    I clicked both consumables..... the cola extreme & the probiotic at the same time.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They don't share the same cooldown, you can pop a probiotic while the cola is on cooldown and vice versa, so there really isn't a need to extend the cooldown past a minute, plus the fact it indicates when it's about to run out with the swirls turning red.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.