Test Discussion Death of Superman - Items/Feats

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCAutymn, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are aware of the issues with the style. The next build to test should resolve all of those.
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Base Items: Potential Naming Errors
    I believe are missing the word "Comics" from the name of 2 base items: Poster - Action #252 and Large Poster - Action #252. There's a Comic Stack base item for #252 which is titled "Comic Stack - Action Comics #252".

Base Items: Missing Regular Sized Posters

There are "Large Posters" and "Comic Stacks" available for the following covers:
    • Crisis #7
    • Death of Superman
    • World Without A Superman
    but there are no regular "Posters" for those 3 issues.
  3. DCAutymn Developer

Those three smaller posters are only available to members via a loot drop and will start dropping in the next phase. :)

Autymn
    • Like x 2
  4. SilkyPawz Bunny

I think this will cause a lot of confusion, this has never been done before I don't understand why it is being done now? I do understand phases but why the collections and the base item? Hard enough sometimes explaining to league mates let alone informing the whole community. Will there be more information give to the community regarding this?

During the Valentine's Day Mera event there was lot of confusion because one of the collections was not properly marked or showing on the map which created a lot of confusion for a lot of people, many in shout and LFG. Why create more hassle for so many when there is already a lack of communication from the Devs, for example the new Assassins time capsule with the Artifacts capsule and how the eyes of dusk worked, Magneto was kind enough to make a video so people could finally understand how it all worked.

There needs to be more information given by the devs to the community be it here on the forums/twitter so people know what to expect what they need to do ect.
    • Like x 1
  5. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

Can you elaborate on the feat: "Another Day, Another Doomsday"

I have run this mission everyday and still can't get it to pop. Is it broken or am I missing something? Please explain.
  6. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Hi everyone:) I was able to test over the weekend and had a bang! I leveled first with deluge gear and then the Scourge styles all of which were fine with corresponding feats. I did all of the solo missions until they reset received my Omegahedron artifact, a gift from Supergirl. I have not fully leveled it though I did seem to notice some of the aura effect. I found Ambush and I was able to locate the comics with ease, I still need about 5. I used a radar scanner for the briefing and got all of those and the reward in the mail. We tried for the doomsday mission about 4 of us in group and he's a pretty hard fight with a group that size, we weren't able to defeat/run him off but we fought a good while and we had him pinned in a corner and he was down at least once. I had to go but as it stood I'm pretty sure it would take a full 8 player group size to complete the mission. Also I used the base items that were there and had no visual problems with the new style. I'm looking forward to more testing soon. Thank you:cool:
    • Like x 1
  7. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

I heard this as a rumor, is there no CR change or vendor gear set?
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You heard this on the official livestream. ;) The vendor styles are styles only for the celebration.
    • Like x 4
  9. DCAutymn Developer

Re: Feats during the Death of Superman phases
    (and other changes to the daily mission loot)

Yes, design agrees that this is confusing. It's easier on this side when you know what is coming up, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. I made the following changes to the feats (and the items that come from the Remains from Impact Crater box):

1) Honoring the (or Gloating Over) Memories -- this feat (and the collection items) will be available in the next phase. Collection pieces will drop from the Remains box when the next phase starts.
    2) No Medicine Needed -- The last collection piece will be on the vendor. The Remains box will continue to drop all the other pieces.
    3) Probiotics will now be in the Remains box in packs of 3, but will not drop automatically from the daily quests.
    4) You now have a chance to get an extra Tribute or Mark of Victory from the Remains box

Basically, we want to vary the rewards for daily missions, but also want to make sure that players get the probiotics that they need. And yes, incomplete collections are annoying. Sorry about that!

Disclaimer: These changes will be live when the test server updates.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    [IMG]

Can you add a period to the end of that first description sentence?

It'd also be nice to get a line describing the "waning effect" for the consumable.
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    What's supposed to the standard order for items on the vendor?
    [IMG]

Usually the consumables, collections, and base items come last. I know it is a bit unusual with the Lobo items being styles instead of gear.
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug: Doomsday Aura called "None" in Style screen
    When consumed, the Doomsday Aura is listed as "None" in the Styles screen. A similar bug occurred recently when the Kryptonite Aura from the Paradox Time Capsules launched. Here's a screenshot of the Doomsday Aura in the Styles screen:

[IMG]
  13. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Hello everyone! I went back in and apparent;y there's more to crater drops now and tried to solo an iconic, not going to happen. These aren't intended to seem like the large Starro in the new content nor the iconics therein, these are Dr. Light type group iconic missions. that being said I love new Metropolis map feel and I'm very excited about things to come with all of the Superman's/Cultural Pop Icon 80th celebrations.:D "Here's looking at you kid":cool: "Like a kid in a comic book store";) Thank you DC!

Main Avatar: Superboyistic 232 CR 261 SP Power Ice DPS/TANK. USPS Meta Hero.League: USPC :Justice League 3001, Future DC Legends, Leader.
    USPC: Future Kal 190CR 240 SP Ice DPS/TANK.
    Alts Include: Guardian El, Guardian Kal, Future Blurr, Kid Superboyistic, Lantern Kal, Kal Starchild, Future Superboyistic,, Clarky Kent, and Super Spaceboy, Quantum Kal, and Superboyistic, Aqua Kla, Lord Aqualad,Kal Aqualad.
  14. DCAutymn Developer

Thanks! Got the text issues and vendor ordering issues fixed. I appreciate the finds! You folks rock!

Autymn
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I couldnt help but notice that you have just recently joined the DCUO dev team. Good to have you aboard and welcome.
    • Like x 2
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can anyone tell me if there’s any new titles? :)
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

There are about 6 so far, spread out over the content updates.

18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Cool, what are they? :D
  19. Charon Lead Content Designer

Doomhunter
    Reigning Champion
    the Doomsdayer
    Reckoner
    Kryptonian Gravedigger
    Kryptonian Pallbearer

All suffix titles except Doomhunter which is a prefix title.

• Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nice, all my characters already have a “the” in their name so I always appreciate suffix titles that don’t start with a “the” of their own. :)

Wait, suffixes are the ones that go under the character name, right? :D
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.