Dear Mepps: Any News on Membership?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Jun 24, 2021.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Any movement on the updated membership. I think you guys said sometime this summer. Curious if you guys have made any progress or are close to something concrete.
    • Like x 1
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

When they're ready to announce, they'll announce. It isn't like Mepps is sitting around going, "Oh, wait, yeah, I guess we should mention this...it's been in my inbox for a week."
    • Like x 2
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Don't be that guy.

I was having a little fun with the title as well.

Relax a bit.
    • Like x 4
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Don't be THAT guy and I won't be that guy. It's been a decade of this stuff on every topic.

"Please, spokesperson, tell me something."
    "No news yet. We'll let you know."
    30 seconds later...
    "How about now?"

Reminds me of when my kid was a toddler in the back seat, asking if we're there yet. Didn't fly then, doesn't fly now. I'm also looking forward to the changes, and would like to know...but he's not going to be able to say anything until it's decided, the language is polished into a release, and it's been cleared. It'll happen when it happens.
    • Like x 3
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

First of all. Ive been here as long as you.

Second of all. I never usually ask for things to be announced as the answer is usually. Soon.

Thirdly. It's a major issue. Im curious if they are close to getting something in stone. It's a valid inquiry and I'll inquire about it if i choose. Doesn't mean it will be answered.

So again. Relax a bit eh?
    • Like x 2
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

I can understand the impatience. Current members have got a bit of a raw deal at the moment. But yeah, asking isn’t going to make much difference.
    • Like x 2
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Eh. Prob not. Was half having some fun half curious if maybe we get a teaser. Some people get upset about it tho its whatever
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Probably why I felt like responding in the first place. You should know better because you HAVE been here long enough. It does amuse me that you keep telling me to relax when you're the impatient one, heh. This isn't anything close to being upset. Keep projecting, though.
    • Like x 2
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Sure sure. Curiosity does not equal impatience. That said.

The entire back and forth is really unnecessary tbh so I'll just leave it be.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

They were collecting feedback through Mid-May in the Dev Discussion forums. I imagine they’re still deliberating and gonna go to the higher-ups with the proposal. My assumption is we find out mid-July.
    • Like x 1
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Probably membership update mid-july, then the new feature by the end of july/mid-august with the new episode. I wouldnt expect to hear much before that
    • Like x 1
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The announcement of more info about the Membership Update is coming....

waaaaaiiiit for iiiiiiiiit.....

[IMG]

;)
    • Like x 3
  13. Eve YouTuber

My favorite DCUO meme
    • Like x 1
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'll admit to bias, but I've always like this version...

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are nearly ready to announce. Our next quarterly development update is due in July...
    • Like x 14
  16. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

One of my favorites. :D

• Like x 2
  17. Eve YouTuber

Not really a Daybreak sweater but they have comic book series and a few statues of old models in game (Zatanna, Green Arrow, Batman, etc...) you can get those on Ebay. Or the art book of the game.

I wish they will release new merch. I would love a new statue based on the new Zatanna model. or even Constantine one.
    They did have special T-shirts ex-dev Megzilla made before- but only a few won those and it was US only :(

I made an article about it before;
    https://dcuosgothamgazette.site123.me/blog/did-you-know-dcuo-merchandise
  18. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Seeing as how Mepps responded to the inquiry, that kind of makes your whole argument a moot point, now doesn't it. I hope you feel at least a little embarrassed.
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Will this update include news about the next episode?
  20. Eve YouTuber

He's cool, but I doubt that will ever happen.