Dear Mepps: In The Name of #Transparency

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jun 11, 2019.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I know you guys like to keep stuff close to the vest when it comes to future plans (and I can't say I blame you considering how hot-under-the-collar some of our playerbase can be).

But we do know that the Switch version of DCUO is launching in the summer. And we know that there are two more Episodes planned for 2019.

Could you give us a rough estimate of the planned order for those events? Will we get Episode 35 before the Switch launch? After? Or are you trying to sync the releases together?

Just trying to plan out my summer...

Thanks in advance for your consideration,
    MM
    • Like x 1
  2. Kuno Loyal Player

I wonder if there more QoL updates like the new tutorial, skins, updated mentors and missions from 1-30 coming with Switch launch.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

You're planning your summer out around a video game?

Just wing it, fit the video game in around the other important stuff ;)
    • Like x 6
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

dc is lyfe tho
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Is anyone going to be playing endgame content right after a new launch?
    • Like x 2
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

There are event versions available to people not at endgame...
    • Like x 2
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

DCUO is my priority game. When I have time, this is my go-to for relaxation, distraction and fun.

But I've also been a huge Final Fantasy fan all my life, and FFXIV is getting a major expansion in July. FFXIV also requires a subscription.

So if I shell out the money for both the expansion and a one-month sub for July, I want to get my money's worth. However, a new Episode of DCUO would be a major distraction, impacting the amount of time I'd be able to spend in FFXIV adversely.

With no hints as to the arrival (or subject) of the next DLC and nothing up on test, the earliest Episode 35 could arrive would be mid-July by my estimation, so I was just wanting a bit of confirmation that it's okay to pull the proverbial trigger. I'd been waiting for E3, hoping for a full-on DCUO announcement, but that ship seems to have sailed...

Anyway, yes, it's silly to plan my summer around a game (or two) ... and yet, I yam what I yam. ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I can get to endgame in a week...i'm pretty sure I could drag a few noobs up with me. :)
  9. Proxystar #Perception

For some, that would certainly appear correct.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Fair enough, if you enjoy both though just pay for both regardless and then fit them in as time suits.

Life is too short to be making plans around whether or not you may or may not get time to play and whether it's worth the payment.

Making the payment shouldn't compel you to play, just appreciate that you have the choice ;)

I pay the membership anyway, if I play i play if i don't, i don't. :)

It's at worst $15, I'll just skip a big mac, if it really mattered.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That went right over your head didn't it?
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just had FoS2 flashbacks. :|
    • Like x 2
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Imma give dcuo a try on the switch but bc u cant sync ur daybreaks account all of us will only have the starting powers, a issue i ran into on cbox so settled for mental powers on my character... maybe fire for switch... probably just create a character then let him sit until January for a booster
  14. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

awh the memories "Need all roles for FoS 2 come to Phase Shifter for inspection "
    • Like x 1
  15. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

THOSE were the days! :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They are releasing an "Endgame" tie in? Very forward thinking....

Reinheld
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Get that Disney money.
  18. BackintheSaddle Active Player

You must not be familiar with this poster.......