Dear Devs, the Problem with Loot

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ragnarok, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

The new system only offers the illusion of choice. As an experiment, 2300 replays (which I'd been stockpiling) and about 45-50 elite raid boss kills later, and I still do not have an elite belt (not the OP one, Idc about that) to complete the 4 piece set from the new episode. I don't understand why the game can't look at what loot you have on the toon/ role/ current equipment you're wearing, and then offer you increasing odds at something that you don't have for that loadout. (Do note, that suggestion would alleviate the "what about my other loadout/ support role" complaints.)

At this point, I'm shelving the game until you get your loot in order, or allow us to craft the elite piece that we need. No one likes RNG. Giving us two RNG options is still RNG. If anything, it's an insult to see TWO elite items, both of which you already have, populate the loot table (this has happened to me three times now). Add to that, the cost of actually making even a baseline rare item is completely prohibitive without using replays and you can start to see that the hamster wheel is never-ending and futile. I mean all MMORPGs are really just a waste of time, though DCUO is glaringly so. By the time you acquire any meaningful gear, it no longer has any value. I can't imagine the frustrations of premium players who don't have access to the means to replay the RNG lottery as often as myself or others. One of the reasons why the community is so toxic is because they're playing a game with very little sense of reward--and we all know it.

I don't mind being a paying (legendary) customer, or, at times, a "whale" that keeps afloat this game and others like it. I have a decent disposable income and I like to treat myself, often frivolously, when it comes to entertainment. However, sustainability is key, and keeping your whales happy with chum (or whatever they eat) is also key to prevent them from swimming off to other oceans. Carrot-on-a-stick gear-treadmills only work if the person can, ultimately, get the carrot after a certain investment of time. In DCUO half the time there's no carrot, and you just starve.
    • Like x 13
  2. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

If true all the devs will say is 2300 replays...nice, spent.see our system IS working.
    • Like x 9
  3. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

I get what you're saying, though that only works if they're attracting new customers, which, they aren't. We know this from the shrinking community numbers. Rather, they're trying to exploit an already squeezed, content-starved community (the two pieces a month is just strange, and boring, imo). WoW did this--less content, more squeeze--and even as a colossus in the industry, even they couldn't stem the bleeding. Daybreak will get another splash in the pan from new Xbone users, then what? Do we really think so many Xbone users have been counting the days until they can play DCUO that it will offset the decline on every other platform? Really?

The reward system of the game needs to be overhauled, properly, and again. They're not getting another dime from me, and I'm here, being vocal, on the forums. Most customers just leave and never say a word.

P.S. To reiterate: the replays were stockpiled, however, I do spend a lot on digital goods.
    • Like x 4
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

are you telling them to get their loot in order!? You CANNOT be serious this is something the players created a free to play game has to generate income somehow! All players have show is they are willing to dump large amount of money into replay badges, and all daybreak has done LIKE ANY GOOD BUSINESS is FOLLOW WHERE THE MONEY IS GOING and people are pissed off they are monetizing on the carrot on the stick itself because youve shown thats what you will throw your money at?

Get real...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I have a theory that they count total replays spent not sold every so often to show better numbers. If so then using them says hey that's a nice carrot there, don't change anything. I hope I'm wrong.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im simply disappointed in you
  7. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

Just face it ... they don't give a **** about that.

You're spending your money. That's all that matters here.
    • Like x 3
  8. SEMPER-FEAR New Player

The OP drops are broken..... I know multiple ppl who get all the OP drops in both roles, and it's always the same ppl on my friends list getting them. Seems weird because I run way more times then they ever do. Would love to know how this is happening. Even in Sm, I get the same two pets over and over all the time. Well the same ppl always get many different ones, and all the good base items. It makes me think some ppl's toons have a bad drop rate.
    • Like x 11
  9. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

I'm one of the people that has been keeping this game alive. Not sure why you're disappointed. You don't take money with you when you die, and as long as you have enough to feed yourself and your family, to plan for what years you have and what comforts and necessities you need, I don't see how it's any of your business how I spend my hard-earned dollars.

I also donate my time (which is more valuable than cash in this instance) to charity. But please, tell me how spending cash on digital treats makes me less of a human being. Some of the people on this forum need to smarten up and learn how to have a proper discussion.

Also, comparing DCUO to F2P mobile shovelware like Candycrush and Running-game-ripoff-1000000001, shows more about your disrespect for this game and it's community than anything that I've said. They're completely different games, with different monetization models. If DCUO were like those, we'd be able to buy Marks of Victory and "ELITE GEAR LOCKBOXES" directly from the marketplace. We're not there. Yet.
    • Like x 6
  10. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

I would like the developers to actually confirm that every character is given a "RNG" on loot. I have been able to do my own analysis based on my own characters, and my friends characters, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that characters have a set RNG.

Certain characters dlc after dlc get better drops than others. The RNG for all characters should be the same, not such huge differences.

While I understand your point is a bit different in that you want a more intelligent loot system, aka a more intelligent UI that actually examines what you have and gives you choices based on that...which I also agree with...it makes no sense how many games change their attacks on you based on what you do and they remember what you do, and the developers do not include a code that analyzes what you are currently wearing...

Sort of like they should already be doing when someone queues into an instance but is unprepared to play such a role based on their current gear....all these things go hand in hand.
    • Like x 5
  11. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

"An intelligent loot system," is the perfect phrase. Yes. I'm pretty sure that's what most of us would like. Right now, we have Russian Roulette RNG. It's really no different than before, just more layered as if to conceal the fact that it's still RNG.
    • Like x 4
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

You missed the point entirely...
  13. SEMPER-FEAR New Player

I think it can be looked at.... I can name several ppl that get multiple OP drops and in fact pretty much every OP drop to date. It's always the Same ppl! So how is this rare or random.. please Devs explain this one. Some of us will never see the drop ever, no matter how many times we play it. I really don't care about it, but when you see things like this it makes you wonder: how isn't it broken....
    • Like x 6
  14. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

The RNG isn't even the part that bothers me. The part that bothers me is some people are given lets say 60 percent chance of getting a drop and then others are getting 10% chance of a good drop. Each instance should have its own RNG as well. Those numbers are just used to make a point. However, in every loot thread I have ever seen, there is always a group of people that are like well I got max level and I used no replays... Its like great, and you post every single month about this...so obviously you are getting a higher RNG than other people. They need to get rid of that... I don't think most people realize that each character has their own RNG attached to their character.

I still want an intelligent loot system as I suggested and I don't care if it takes people longer to acquire the gear, I just want it to be more standardized. The biggest obstacle will always be the replay badges...until they can figure out another method to make money, they will never fix the loot system to make it equitable. They should have never allowed it in current content.
    • Like x 3
  15. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

I do have some suspicions (read: conspiracy theories) that they actually block out certain pieces for some people. I have a pretty wide spread of characters to like "test" these things on. Some toons will never get a certain piece in 90 days and then when the next cycle of content starts with the new trash gear, then I get the rare pieces I'm missing from those instances (previous cycle) the next time I run it. Like they cranked up the chances of it dropping suddenly.
    • Like x 6
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I've noticed this as well.
    • Like x 2
  17. Senko Committed Player

Great another conspiracy theory to wonder about when I again get no purples from the raid/alert/duo to go with their upping loot rates repeatedly after it goes from early access to general and the whole fun with suspecting some content is "balanced" with a single role heavy repeat spammer in mind not a dual role playing once per unlock cycle.
    • Like x 1
  18. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Everyone knows the loot system sucks besides the only people that can do anything about it. R&D or Vendor gear should be the main way to acquire the best gear plain and simple. The system we have now is absurd.
    • Like x 8
  20. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Lol. I got a rare drop from yesterday. Only problem is that its a piece i had, and it was duplicate!