Not A Bug Dear Devs, Please fix composite neon chroma

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by wonderman1408, May 31, 2020.

1. wonderman1408 New Player

i used same color for red neon composite chroma but the chest and pants color doesnt match up even though its same color please fix bug
    • Like x 3
  2. Eve YouTuber

Note that the chromas have 3 variant versions. Are you by any chance, using a different variant on either the chest or the pants?
    You might have 1 on chest, but 2 on pants. Take a look in your material tab.
  3. Wallflower Level 30

The black and the blue composite chromas are bugged as well. Have yet to see a dev address it.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Could you provide a screenshot so we can see exactly what you are describing?
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Look at how you set the colors you assigned on the gear. For example, if you are using the chroma with the neon portion on slot 1 on all gear pieces, it will use the color shown in slot 1 when you go to the color assignment page for a piece of gear (triangle on the ps controller). This is not necessarily the same as the first color listed in the color tab (between the style and material tabs). It's possible that if the colors on your color tab are in the order red, blue, green, yellow, that you many have at one point have changed some gear pieces to show blue in slot 1, some to show green, and others to show yellow, while leaving other pieces alone (so they would show red). So it's completely possible to have one variants of the chroma applied to all your gear, but have the neon section be up to 4 different colors across your different gear pieces.
  6. standopowa1 New Player

any tintable color on the composite chroma does not match when the same color is applied on the chest and pants of any style.
    • Like x 1
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If you have a single chroma variant applied to all your gear, the neon portion can appear as different colors of you changed which color is assigned to the slots on some pieces of gear. Go to the style menu, highlight the chest section and press triangle (on ps, the legend at the bottom should show how to do this for whatever platform you are on) and see what colors you have assigned to channels 1, 2, and 3, then repeat for the legs. You likely have different colors assigned to whichever channel is used for the neon color.
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You'll need to upload them to a hosting service like imgur or tinypic, then if you are using the forums on pc there's an icon to add Dan image. If you are on the forums on a phone, go to the link below to see what you need to type for the image to show up in the thread instead of just a link. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?help/bb-codes

Edit. Make sure you have a few different images, showing what chroma variant is applied and showing the color/material option screen for each piece of gear.
  9. myandria Item Storage

I think I see your issue; as others have said before, the chroma materials do not always match up across gear pieces, especially if you use different ones. For the exo suit, the chest piece is brighter than the legs, so the chroma is reflecting that difference. You may need to have a different chroma channel to try to get the legs to match the chest or vice versa. I had to do this with the tenth-metal chroma for one of my characters; all three channels had to be used to make the outfit match the way I wanted it to.

I have to admit, though; some gear pieces do not work well with chromas no matter what color you put on them.
    • Like x 1
  10. standopowa1 New Player

so is it intended to use 2 differents shades of the same color in any composite neon chroma just to get a chest and pants to match to the same color? pretty weird intention tbh and honestly a waste of a extra style color slot that can be used for something else.
    • Like x 1
  11. bugsbegone123 New Player

just like the person up there I am not sure that I want to waste 2 color pallete slots just to match colors on 2 different pieces of styles. Especially when said material was advertised to have a tintable neon that would take over but yet it does not match on certain styles. Thats definately not a good thing.All other chromas match up with that style that was posted in the screenshot above i have most of the chromas even in the game but the composites do not match. what makes that fair?
  12. myandria Item Storage

This seems to be the case for chromas in general; at least, this has been my experience with them.
  13. I3eleth Well-Known Player

The original black neon i use isn't like that and matches perfect and my chromas do as well its a bug that im sure they will fix.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We dug into this a bit, and want to confirm this is working as intended and can't really be changed.

Even though a material/chroma replaces the texture on a style, it is still that style and still pulls in the style's shading. This is part of what makes styles stand out from each other, and in many circumstances makes styles + materials stand out, too.

Some styles/channels are shaded much darker than others, and when you equip one of the really bright ones and one of the really dark ones, it will be noticeable. Again, sometimes in interesting ways, and sometimes not. In this case, that chest is really bright and those legs are really not, so this might not be a style/material combination you will want to use.

I'm sorry we don't have a better answer or a feasible change.
    • Like x 3
  15. Wallflower Level 30

So even if the chest and legs are from the same set, the legs being much darker is intentional? The neon part of the chroma doesn't even show up on the Gotham Knight legs, regardless of which Chroma slot you use.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Full Gotham Knight set in all 3 variants.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  17. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

But it does the dull grey on EVERY style head, with every chroma. Makes all head peices not match the rest of the gear at all...EVERY ONE!
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just went through every single style head piece and the glowy part goes dull on only a few styles. Of those few styles it only dulls out with one or two of the possible combinations.