Dear Devs. Is this difficulty serious?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ZuroXtheDragon, Dec 5, 2019.

1. ZuroXtheDragon Active Player

Greetings Devs and fellow players.
    There is a major issue around the game's difficulty the past few episodes.
    I realy don't know who are testing the stuff on the test servers and i dont care either. But im 99% sure that the less experienced players, new players and low SP players don't.
    Now... there are players like me who play DCUO for quite a few years and not from the begining (sadly) but today i was surprised that i could NOT get through the brand new episode's alert quest and died by The Drowned over and over again. We tried 4 dps - full force / 1 heal 3 dps - mild ballance and still died at the last boss. I had enough and started teh event version. My first try in event was with three 276cr players, none of them used their other role and tried to explain them that it is useful to learn. We died 3 times at Drowned again. Started ALL OVER for the THIRD TIME, but atleast there was two other 280+cr players like me. We used the mechanics and tactics like in the normal but we failed at the overflooded part again 2 times... C'mon people. We are talking about EVENT version here and still unmagagable? And i'm sure that a full 276cr team with 100 sp couldn't do this alert...

But i noticed the slight change in difficulty over and over starting at Ep31 Deluge. And it was getting worse every episode up to the newest today...
    The bosses are giving stunns over stunns even when players are blocking when the skull icon flashes in, The end bosses use that sort of stun which you can't break through. Bosses getting herder and harder each episode and now this 4 player alert felt like an Elite raid in Ep30 Earth 3...

We all love DCUO and will continue playing but please lets keep in mind that there are A LOT of players who isn't at the top in "what to do" ind this game. And even players who play for years can have hard times sometime. Sometime is good but NOT ALL THE TIME...
    My little oppinion are as follows:
    -Solos are fine (love the introduction stories all the time)
    -Duos are also pretty good and enjoy small co-operative works
    -Alerts are also good if we count out the "unseen 1 hit deaths" from some bosses and the mechanic isnt requireing more than 2 good minds in the group (Metal p I. alert was so horrible becaue some players couldnt even do the 4 terminals at first try and it happened to me in every third day and the Armored Robotic Custodian... That boss is Bull***t shince the begining of the game. :D The best mechanics and gameplay in alerts was at Ep27 AF III. and it's my parsonal favourite.
    -Raids are managable most of the time but here we come back to the "1 hit death" again. Some of the bosses are hilariously hard even in normal. But atleast the mechanics are good and useful. The only flaw is that mostly the tanks can't stun the bosses.
    -Elites for me are "4-5 hours of unrewarded struggle" so it is a waste of time even if i'm with good friends and are doing a very co-operative job.
    -(Events) These are very hard for the "average player" adn that is the main point where some of the new players dislikes the game and won't come to play.

So please Devs, lets make DCUO better in this way too.
    Thank you
    ~Zurox

I'm SURE i will get negative comments under this from haters. ;)
    I know, i know. "If i don't like the way it is than i shouldn't play with it"
  2. Mobius Twist Active Player

I think it is supposed to be very challenging and at this point in time I don't want to say it's overtuned but that we don't know the mechanics yet.

We also had significant problems with the Drowned via two separate teams. There's a bit too much knockback and the air pockets are spawning with next to no time left on them. By the time I get there they are gone, and the few I can get to I immediately get booted off. There's probably a bit too much going on, the boss is super hard to DPS down, there's whirlpools, there's ground-attacks, there's immediately disappearing air pockets … this might be set to a bit too frothy.

Again, I don't want to start crying foul - I need to do some homework, but I would be fibbing if I didn't say I was about to start with the salt.
    • Like x 1
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

The air pockets messed us up too we never did finish it to much stuff going on in the fight.