Dead Zones really becoming rampant

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wildboy, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Wildboy Committed Player

South Gotham has been a trouble zone for me, but I've come across a few other problem areas.

Robinson Park. Tried to take a Villain toon into the Hell's Gateway instance. World crashes quite readily once you reach the arena. Bad too; trying to enter again while Linkdead, you crash again at the load screen before even completely zoning-in.

Midtown Metropolis. Building near Ellsworth where Mallah and The Brain spawn. Another hard crash. World drops dead again shortly after re-log; not quite as severe as Robinson Park.
    • Like x 3
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

South Gotham was a CrashFest last night for me.

Had not encountered that level of Crash in a loooong time. :(
    • Like x 1
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

Trigon's Prison, T5 alert, turned into a deadzone for me. Right after the 1st cutscene.

I've also had plenty of South Gotham crashes, as many have reported.
  4. Karnevil Committed Player

any time I was trying to change areas i got kicked back to the character select screen. now it seems like everything is down. WHOOHOO!!!
    • Like x 1
  5. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Last couple of times for me it happens when i try to leave an on duty instance at the end.
  6. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

I avoid south gotham completely. It's s shame, it's one of my favorite haunts :(
    • Like x 1
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm trying to do CC bounties. I save Heat Wave for last just in case it ends my playing time for the day/night.
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I usually do the Sub Avatar missions when I reach level 30 for some quick MoV. :(
    • Like x 1
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

What the devs are doing about it? They think it's not a big deal or what? They can't fix it at all?
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They can't figure out what's causing it. It's only been happening six months. Other bugs have existed for 5 years, so this one is a baby in comparison. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. darkscarletx Loyal Player

How about they improve their servers? It's clearly not functioning well lately with all the disconnect, freeze, crashes. They added crossover, cross plateform but didn't make sure it can handle it?
  12. Unida Dedicated Player

come out of paradox, crash
    queue into a duo, crash
    teleport, crash
    log into the game, falling thru mogo.... dont remember being in mogo..... cant use mogo teleporter to WT.... map warp to HQ, crash.
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

These problems started prior to them implementing cross play. Dead zones began in October. Official cross play work didn't begin until January. The developers do not believe the two are related.

Also, the server is probably not the overall issue. PS population was once higher than the overall population is with PC/PS combined now. There's something more going on here. This game may have been put together with duct tape and bailing wire for too long (my opinion, of course).
    • Like x 1
  14. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Time to upgrade or the game will crash completely soon. And I'm sure they don't want that and all players.
  15. Swamarian Committed Player

They could double the processors, processor speed, and memory of the servers, and it wouldn't help. It's a bug in the code causing a crash. Furthermore, it may not be a server bug. It could be a bug in the client causing it to fatally abend. (Actually, that's my guess. If it was the server, then I'd expect to see a "disconnected" message, not a crash to desktop.)
    • Like x 1