dcuocommunity.com New Census Website!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ObsidianChill, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Tolly Committed Player

2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Some artifacts are not displayed on the character page (Clarion, M.E.R.C.Y. ....)....
    • Like x 2
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Awesome job Chill (and anyone that has a hand in it)!

Everything looks nice, and easy to use.

Curious, when looking up a character, the image (style, skin, emblem, etc) is still an old image from years ago. Does that not update?
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The character images/paperdolls broke within the Daybreak API itself, it stopped updating somewhere between 2013-2014. Nothing we as players can do to correct that, its on the API side.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tolly Committed Player

Small suggestion for the ranking part of the site, wouldn't it be possible to make the display of the information less "thick" in order to have a wider general visibility of the ranking, at least for the league ranking. Like reducing the size of the image perhaps? this would give a more refined look to the ranking.

+ a dark theme for the dark theme fans :p
    • Like x 2
  6. beardrive Committed Player

This is a great idea! Can't wait to check it out!
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As long as I can check the SP and max power pool stat of gadgets prec DPS's who b***h about power when I'm trolling, then the site will get two thumbs up from me! :D
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Keep the feedback coming!

New release today https://dcuocommunity.com/posts/3-website-updates-of-mar-24,-2023

That includes:
    • Dark Theme toggle
    • reducing the character/league images by 50% to make the viewing experience better on mobile
    • updated the missing artifact images
    • add your character to your account profile for easy searching
    • Like x 5
  9. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Cool site. Any chance of adding equipped artifacts to character count options in the future, or are there some technical barriers? I mean - we'd all probably like to know how many EoGs are out there, even if swapping would definitely make accuracy of those statistics fairly unreliable... :)
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

great tool, thanks to all the people involved
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

We are restricted alot by the Daybreak API. The middleware API that he uses connects with the Daybreak API for the mapping and information search etc but alot of what we can search by isn't provided by the Daybreak API.
    [IMG]
    That is an example of the information missing from the Daybreak API for us to be able to sort by.
    • Like x 1
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

{-}times_asked_doublexp_weekend
    • Like x 1
  13. Tolly Committed Player

How often are the rankings updated?
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The player ones? It's usually within a few min. For example if you tried to max your stats as high as possible to be top ranked in say might and logged out right after you had everything buffed its typically shows within a couple min the update stats
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

It’s a great site reminds me a lot of https://alcasthq.com for eso

Especially the builds section although could you put below the icon of the power what the name of that power is ?

Another thing that would be good is give a reason why you chose the powers and also how you would use the build in specific situations.

I get you want people to want to go to your YouTube but a lot of people like to read it instead
  16. Tolly Committed Player

I think that a grey tone would be better than black, it's less aggressive for the eyes, or even use the colour of the DCUO forum, why not? :p, it would be a reminder at the same time :p
  17. HunterKorina Level 30

dps build coming soon? :)
  18. Aren Sul Committed Player

This is the absolute best. I often need those calculators so, thank you, thank you, thank you!
  19. Ninjabiscuit Well-Known Player

As a returning player, thanks so much. I needed this!
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

One of my in-game buddies apparently was doing a style contest with a theme somewhere along the lines of "weirdest/craziest/wackiest" on the day those styles got frozen forever. Womp womp womp....

Edit: Damnit, I wanna be mad that I responded to a necro but this is actually a good thread to occasionally refresh.
    • Like x 1