DCUO Winter Seasonal Event 2017 Rewards

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Torikumu, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! A time when Santa Claus is making a list and checking it twice. Except this years criteria isn’t whether or not you’ve been naughty or nice. No.

This year he’s checking your YouTube subscriptions list to make sure you’re subscribed to Torikumu DCUO. Those who are should expect a bounty of wonderful gifts. Those who aren’t get put on Santa’s s*** list and get nothing but coal...

… Anyway, I’m back with another rewards guide. This time covering the 2017 update to the event which started it all for me – Seasons Greedings: The Winter Seasonal Event.

2017 sees the addition of 20 new base items. Many of them reskinned from previous years offerings, some of them new but previously unreleased.

For the first time ever in a traditional seasonal event, a full 8 piece style, inspired by an iconic DC Comics character makes it’s debut. The Captain Cold’s Cold Commando style inspired by Captain Cold (of course).

Stay tuned to the guide for further information and updates.

As with all my guides, information presented in this guide is subject to change without prior warning due to the nature in which it is collected. Information isn't final and may differ from what is on live. Accuracy is my #1 goal, but human error is entirely possible. Please report any mistakes below so I can investigate and change the information.
    • Like x 7
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Cold Commando's "Absolute Zero" Style
    Style: "Absolute Zero"

The Cold Commando's "Absolute Zero" style is a new style inspired by iconic DC Comics Villain Captain Cold. The style was first made available during the 2017 update to the Winter Seasonal Event.

When the style made it's debut on test, it was attached to scaling gear. However, due to player feedback about the gear being unnecessary, the style was detached from the scaling gear and released as a standalone style.

Initially, the gear was priced at 25x Holly Leaves per piece, but with the removal of the gear came a reduction in the cost of each piece. The prices at the launch of the event were changed to:
    • Head - 15x Holly Leaves
    • Shoulders - 15x Holly Leaves
    • Chest - 15x Holly Leaves
    • Back - 15x Holly Leaves
    • Hands - 10x Holly Leaves
    • Waist - 10x Holly Leaves
    • Legs - 15x Holly Leaves
    • Feet - 10x Holly Leaves
    Collecting all 8 pieces of the style will unlock the "Rogue Leader" feat worth 10 Feat Points/1 Star.

Enhanced Absolute Zero Style
    In addition to the regular Absolute Zero style, you can also craft an Enhanced version of the style from R&D plans available in the Seasonal vendor.

Previously, these plans were grouped together with the gear and distributed in a box, purchased from the Seasonal Vendor. But with the changes to the style and removal of the gear, the plans are instead listed on the vendor for 2x Holly Leaves each.

Once purchased, the plans disappear from the Seasonal vendor.

The recipe to craft each plan is:
    • 10x Simple Materials
    • 5x Winter Motes
    • 20x Snowballs
    The Winter Mots are available as both a random drop in the Seasons Greedings Alert, as well as from the final boss in all content. They are also available on the Seasonal Vendor for 5 Holly Leaves.

The Snowballs are the common consumable items that have existed as part of the event for years. They are awarded in instances across the entire game.

Enhanced Cold Commando's Snow Goggles

Reports are coming in that there is a rare style drop in the Secret Research Facility mission from Larfleez. A new version of Captain Cold's glasses, with the ice effects of the Enhanced Absolute Zero style.

The style is allegedly non-tradable but account bound.
    • Like x 3
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

2017 Base Items

The 2017 Update to the Seasons Greedings event features 20 new base items. Included this year is the much anticipated Mounted Dignified Reindeer Head, Icy Snow Man, Candy Cane Snow Globe and Leaping Carousel Reindeer base items. These items were accidentally leaked on DCUO Marketing material 2 years ago, but never made it into the game until until now.

There are new variations of the Holiday Tree and Wreath base items, this year representing Batman, The Joker and the Riddler. Collecting the Joker Holiday Tree & Wreath, and The Riddler Holiday Tree & Wreath, will unlock the "Jingle Bells Batman Smells" feat worth 10 feat points/1 Star.

There are also 2 new Leg Lamps to accompany last year's Harley Quinn inspired Leg Lamp. This year, Catwoman and Poison Ivy get their own variations of the lamp, based on the classic, iconic prop from the beloved Christmas film "A Christmas Story".

Additionally, there is a Winter Speaker that plays the music you hear when participating in an Open World Winter Seasonal mission objective.

Finally, there is a reskin of last year's epic Pengbot totem. This year Pengbot has grown to be about 6 feet tall and has been imbued the power of Ice. Pengbot Frigidus, as he is now known, has the ability to encase certain base items in ice, as well as any intruders to your base.

Here is a breakdown of the costs:

Pengbot Frigidus Totem - (100x Holly Leaves)
    Winter Speaker - (50x Holly Leaves)
    Batman Holiday Tree - (15x Holly Leaves)
    Batman Holiday Tree (Large) - (15x Holly Leaves)
    Batman Holiday Wreath - (6x Holly Leaves)
    Joker Holiday Tree - (15x Holly Leaves)
    Joker Holiday Tree (Large) - (15x Holly Leaves)
    Joker Holiday Wreath - (6x Holly Leaves)
    Riddler Holiday Tree - (15x Holly Leaves)
    Riddler Holiday Tree (Large) - (15x Holly Leaves)
    Riddler Holiday Wreath - (6x Holly Leaves)
    Mounted Dignified Reindeer Head - (5x Holly Leaves)
    Icy Snow Man - (5x Holly Leaves)
    Candy Cane Snow Globe - ( 5x Holly Leaves)
    Leaping Carousel Reindeer - (5x Holly Leaves)
    Opened Assorted Presents - (6x Holly Leaves)
    Row of Icicles - (5x Holly Leaves)
    Shiny Snowflake - (5x Holly Leaves)
    Table with Cat Burglar Leg Lamp - (5x Holly Leaves)
    Table with Ivy-Covered Leg Lamp - (5x Holly Leaves)
    • Like x 3
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Collections

"Gift of Light" Collection
    Reward: Fairy-Light Aura

Collections
    1. Light of Volthoom
    2. Black Light of Nekron
    3. Red Light of The Butcher
    4. Orange Light of Ophidian
    5. Yellow Light of Parallax
    6. Green Light of Ion
    7. Blue Light of Adara
    8. Indigo Light of Proselyte
    9. Violet Light of the Predator
    10. White Light of the Entity
    11. Light of the Phantom Lantern
    12. Light of Starheart

Notes
    This collection drops from the Classic Holiday Gift Tree base item that was given out to players, for free.

Collecting the Light of Volthoom collection awards "The First Light of the First Ring" feat, a 2 star feat worth 25 feat points.

Collecting the Yellow Light of Parallax collection awards the "FIVE GOLDEN RINGS! Of Fear..." feat, a 3 star feat worth 50 feat points.

Collecting the Violet Light of the Predator collection awards the "Nine Lights of Lovin'" feat, a 2 star feat worth 25 feat points.

If you weren't fortunate enough to get these collection pieces from the Classic Holiday Gift Tree, you can obtain them via the Seasonal Vendor, 1 day after their release, for 1x Holly Leaves each.

Originally, the collections were listed on the Broker at a cost of 10x Holly Leaves each, but this was reduced to 1 in light of a bug where the tree was unlocking it's rewards before the new rewards were available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"List of Not-So-Naughty Deeds" Collection
    Reward: Marks of Victory
    Feat: He's Checking it Twice (0 Points, 0 Stars)
    Title: "Saint [...]"

Collections
    Captain Cold's Neighborhood Ice Cream Truck
    Mirror Master's Solar Energy Farm
    Heat Wave's Wildfire Awareness Lectures
    Weather Wizard's Drought Relief Efforts
    Trickster's Superhero Weapon Disposal
    Captain Boomerang's Tasmanian Devil Conservation Fund
    Catwoman's Women's Shelter Volunteerism
    Poison Ivy's Farm Fresh Food Drive
    Harley Quinn's Animal Rights Activism
    Bronze Tiger's Free Community Martial Art Classes
    Riddler's Charity Trivia Night
    Catman's Animal Rescue Sanctuary

• Like x 2
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Feats
    Rogue Leader
    1 Star, 10 Points
    Collect all styles in the Captain Cold Style

What's Cooler Than Being Cool?
    0 Stars, 0 Points
    Collect all styles in the Enhanced Captain Cold Style
    Grants Title: Ice Cold [...]

All of the Lights
    4 Stars, 100 Points
    Complete the 12 Days of Light Collection/Redeem the Fairy Lights Aura.

He's Checking It Twice
    0 Stars, 0 Points
    Complete the "List of Not-So-Naughty Deeds" collection.
    Grants Title: Saint [...]

Jingle Bells Batman Smells
    1 Star, 10 Points
    Collect the Joker Holiday Tree, Joker Holiday Wreath, Riddler Holiday Tree and Riddler Holiday Wreath base items.

The First Light Of The First Ring
    2 Stars, 25 Points
    Collect The Light of Volthoom collection item.

FIVE GOLDEN RINGS! Of Fear...
    3 Stars, 50 Points
    Collect the Yellow Light of Parallax collection item.

Nine Lights of Lovin'
    2 Stars, 25 Points
    Collect the Violet Light of the Predator collection item.
    • Like x 5
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Classic Holiday Gift Tree

The Classic Holiday Gift Tree was a free gift given out to DCUO players from the 7th of December 2017. Players had until the _ to claim the item. For a limited time between the 11th of December 2017 and the 22nd of December 2017, the tree could be interacted with by it's owner and free gifts were bestowed upon the owner.

Here is a breakdown of what gifts were received on each date:

11th December 2017: Cold Commando's Snow Goggles & The "Light of Volthoom" Collection
    12th December 2017: Holly Leaves x5 & The "Black Light of Nekron" Collection
    13th December 2017: Mark of Victory x2 & The "Red Light of The Butcher" Collection
    14th December 2017: Refined Nth Metal & The "Orange Light of Ophidian" Collection
    15th December 2017: Holly Leaves x5 & The "Yellow Light of Parallax" Collection
    16th December 2017: Mark of Victory x3 & The "Green Light of Ion" Collection
    17th December 2017: Purified Nth Metal & The "Blue Light of Adara" Collection
    18th December 2017: Holly Leaves x5 & The "Indigo Light of Proselyte" Collection
    19th December 2017: Marks of Victory x5 & The "Violet Light of the Predator" Collection
    20th December 2017: Flawless Nth Metal & The "White Light of the Entity" Collection
    21st December 2017: Holly Leaves x5 & The "Light of the Phantom Lantern" Collection
    22nd December 2017: Winter Mote x5 & The "Light of Starheart" Collection

In addition to each of these gifts, players received a non-random specific collection piece from the 12 Days of Night collection. Collecting your gifts every day allowed you to complete the collection, which unlocked the Fairy Lights Aura and a 4-Star Feat.

The tree's design is featured heavily in the Winter Seasonal Event. It appears in the Open World as an Orange Lantern construct and is used to begin an objective in the open world Winter Seasonal mission. The tree can also be seen in the Hall of Doom/Watchtower next to Hal Jordan and Sinestro.
  7. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Just a minor update on snowballs, they drop from all content, not just the event. When I was on test, I ran a quick solo to confirm this is still the case. I think it's just one per instances, but it may be one per boss.

It's good to hear motes can drop from the event.
    • Like x 2
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thanks for the update :)
  9. BLK Well-Known Player

TY for all you do boss.
    Amd happyThanksgiving
    • Like x 1
  10. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

What a beautiful style set. Those guns though! :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

My pleasure :) Thank you for your continued support. Hope you had a nice day!

Yeah, agreed. The belt and back are exceptional, in my opinion. I love the quality of the texturing on both. The money, gold bar and jewels are a sweet touch to the back, too.
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I've updated the costs of the gear/plans and added each of the collections for the "List of Not-So-Naughty Deeds" collection. The reward for that collection appears to be Marks of Victory and a title.

Also, the style is no longer being called the "Captain Cold" style. It has been officially renamed to the "Absolute Zero" style. It no longer comes attached with gear, nor a plan to craft the enhanced version. The prices have been reduced to 10 and 15 Holly Leaves per piece and the plans cost 2 Holly Leaves each.
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

One note on the enhanced plans, they are hidden in the vendor until you but the corresponding style piece, at which point the store disappears and the plan shows up. The style disappeared immediately but there was a slight lag before the plan showed up last night. Note, you do now have to equip the style for the plan to show up.

Also, I see there isn't any info on the 12 days of light collection. So is that not on test yet? There is a 12 day event listed in the announcements, classic holiday gift tree. So it may be tired to that, or maybe that is something else, like the 12 days of Christmas sale we had one year, but I don't think they would put that on the calendar for us to see.
    • Like x 1
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Ahh I thought that's what was going on. It's a shame really, if it works this way, because the event style could have been used to border the 2016 and 2017 base items off from each other. Now they just merge together.

Haven't seen or heard of anybody seeing the 12 Days of Light collection in the event, yet. I think you might be right about the 12 Day event that's listed in the calendar, though. It makes sense, especially because I don't think they've ever pre-announced a sale. I'd be curious to see how they do it, though, as there doesn't seem to be anything set up for it in-game atm.
  15. OhSicks Well-Known Player

Does anyone have the locations to see Larfleez?
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

The locations are the same i think of some of the iconics, if i remember corecrtly.
  17. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thanks again for all the wonderful information. :)
  18. StealthBlue Loyal Player

He shows up in the locations of the iconics for the fanboy and more than you can chew feats. I did a little digging and found this link in an old response from someone else to this same question.

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Feat:_Fanboy
  19. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Please let us know how to ontain the collection for, "all of the lights" collection.
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It was just announced in the Winter Seasonal official announcement and we'll be getting all 12 pieces of the collection as part of the upcoming Classic Holiday Gift Tree gift on the 11th of December 2017 :) Here's a quote:

• Like x 1