DCUO vs City of Titans

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Lich Man, May 24, 2014.

1. Lich Man New Player

Do you think CoT with surpass Dcuo?
    • Like x 1
  2. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Nope.
    • Like x 2
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

No.
    • Like x 1
  4. MasterBud New Player

Doubt it
    • Like x 1
  5. Tskales Well-Known Player

If it can recreate the same following and community as COH, then maybe.
    • Like x 1
  6. Faust74 Loyal Player

Maybe on the PC side it could.
    • Like x 1
  7. Eternity's_Girl Committed Player

Why does this type of question keep coming up? The world and the internet are big enough for all the games.

Most people go through moods so one day its DCUO the next CoT then over to SWTOR, and so on and so on and so on.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mont New Player

Careful,they now ban for being negative
    • Like x 1
  9. Octantis New Player

Well, let's hope it doesn't try to recreate ALL of the community. We don't want to wish THAT kind of ill on a new game just yet.
    • Like x 1
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

they do? :eek: Wow soon your being getting banned for just saying hi. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  11. Larfleeze New Player

Both CoT and VO are practically vapourware.

They MIGHT come out in 5 years, but even then I doubt it.
    • Like x 1
  12. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

I've never heard nor seen anything on City of Titians. I do however think that Valiance Online may have a chance once it's completed.
    • Like x 1
  13. ShadowStyleB New Player

Will be hard for these two games to compete on the same level as DCUO. What I mean is that because DCUO has DC comics to draw from and that history and established fan base it is hard for an independent game to grab a hold on any of that. There is no real fan fare about the two games other than a few fans looking for CoH 2 for the memories they miss.
  14. Forsberg New Player

It's highly unlikely for this to happen.
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Is it coming to Playstation?

No?

Then it's not even a contest.
    • Like x 1
  16. ShadowStyleB New Player

That was a PC thing. Most of the player base for DCUO is on the PS 3/4. You have to know what the real question is will it be a threat to DCUO and the answer is no. Not one of these is being developed for PS4. They might peek an interest from the PC players but not the PS 3/4 plaeyers.

I played CoH and loved it but that game wouldn't work today without serious changes to the combat system. Your opinion is valid and made some good points but you have to agree that neither of these games are DCUO meaning they would have a major uphill fight.
  17. EPHEMERAL titan New Player

I am an old dog..and if Valiance is worth playing I will play it..the toons worth keeping from this game I will just recreate to the best of my ability there..the rest I will forget. DEAD OPERATIVE was my main in city..she lives in Gotham now...if valiance is good she will move again and fight another day there.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheDark Devoted Player

ooo I'm definitely going to check out Valiance.
    • Like x 1
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The only way it would have a chance would be if it was free to play, if not then theres just no way.

The PC playerbase might die out on DCUO, but because of the PS playerbase DCUO will still be more successful.
  20. ShadowStyleB New Player

I believe it will be given a shot I will give them a shot. AS far as competition, I don't buy into it that much. There is always a game coming out that will beat this game. That has been the motto for most since DCUO was released.