DCUO Valentine's Day 2018 Rewards

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Torikumu, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

In this guide, I will be taking a look at the new additions to the DCUO Valentine's Day Event "Love Conquers All".

Love is in the air, once again, in DC Universe Online as the Love Conquers All seasonal event returns with it's 2018 Update.

This year, the theme is very much a "date night" theme, featuring a new array of Theater inspired base items, enabling you to take your significant other out on a romantic night at the cinema to catch a romantic film (I recommend Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice... !)

Return to your favourite American High School/College by putting your character in a stylish Varsity/Letterman Jacket, themed around Gotham Academy and Metropolis University.

If you strike out, not to worry, display your peaceful harmony with the new Shimmering Amity Aura. A new style of aura which is significantly larger than your standard aura.

Also featured in the 2018 update is the return of Mera, who has come to the surface World amid concerns of her Husband, Aquaman, who continues in his quest for peace between Atlantis and the surface world. She has met with the Star Sapphires, who continue to spread Love around Gotham during the Valentine's Day season, whilst dealing with Mr Freeze, who continues to look to exploit the Star Sapphire crystals to help his dear wife, Nora.

The Star Sapphires have told Mera that if she makes a worthy offering to the Star Heart, her love will protect Arthur in his time of need. She grants you a Message in a Bottle, which contains the parts of 1 of the new collections featured in the 2018 update.

Table of Contents
    • Like x 10
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Styles
    The 2018 update to the Valentine's Day seasonal event introduces 2 varsity jackets and a new aura to the game. Please check out my video below to see what the styles look like.

Here is a breakdown of the current prices, which are correct as of the 25th of January 2018:
    • Gotham Academy Letterman | 15x Hearts
    • Metropolis University Letterman | 15x Hearts
    • Shimmering Amity Aura | 100x Hearts
    Notes:
    The aura is the only style item which has a feat associated with it. The "Glowing with Love" feat which is a 1 star feat worth 10 feat points. The varsity jackets do not have any feats associated with them and are entirely optional.

Both of the varsity jackets can hold 1 Emblem in 2 different areas - Upper left arm and Back. I wasn't aware of this at the time of recording my video, so please see the picture below for a screenshot of the emblem placement:

[IMG]

Varsity Letter Emblems
    To accompany the Letterman Jackets are a new set of emblems featuring letters and numbers stylised around the traditional lettering seen on varsity jackets.

It is unknown whether or not every letter and number is represented at this stage, but it is expected.

The emblems appear as random drops and are not available for purchase off the vendor. The emblems can be traded, so can be acquired via the Broker if other players are selling them.

Information on the emblems will improve as it comes in.
    • Like x 8
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Base Items
    There are 29 known base items, added as part of the 2018 update to the DCUO Valentine's Day Event. They are all based on a theater theme, enabling you to recreate a cinema experience in both your lairs and League Halls. Please check out my video below to see all of the new 2018 base items available in the Valentine's Day rewards vendor:

Despite there being 29 new items to collect, you are only required to collect 4 to obtain the only feat available for base items in the 2018 update. The "Love Concessions" feat is a 1 star feat worth 10 feat points. The base items needed to unlock this feat are:
    • Popcorn Machine | 50x Hearts
    • Soder Cola Fountain | 15x Hearts
    • Popcorn Container Trash | 5x Hearts
    • Soder Cola Cup Trash | 5x Hearts
    The Popcorn Machine is an interactive base item, which can be activated once (possibly per day, but it's currently not working like that). Upon activation, a popcorn sound effect plays and animated popcorn drops from the internal pot, inside the base item.

In addition to this fun little animation, players are given 6x "Handful of Popcorn" consumable. So far, all that is known about the Handful of Popcorn is that it behaves in a similar way to the Snowballs from the Winter Seasonal event. You throw them at players and hit them with some popcorn. It is unknown at this time if these items have any other use. It is also unknown at this time if the Popcorn Machine drops any further items.

The remaining base items are distributed via 2 methods. The first method is your traditional method of buying them individually. The second method is in the form of a Base Item Box, which contains a specific set of items. Here is a breakdown of what's available and the costs:
    • Theater Concessions Stand: Base Item Box | 25x Hearts
      • Theater Marquee
      • Theater Concessions Counter
      • Theater Concessions Counter Cash Register
      • Theater Concessions Counter Corner
      • Theater Concessions Counter Booth
    • Theater Curtains: Base Item Box | 25x Hearts
      • Theater Long Curtain
      • Theater Short Curtain
      • Theater Pulled Curtain (x2)
      • Theater Narrow Curtain (x2)
    • Theater Curtains (Large): Base Item Box | 25x Hearts
      • Theater Long Curtain (Large)
      • Theater Short Curtain (Large)
      • Theater Pulled Curtain (Large) (x2)
      • Theater Narrow Curtain (Large) (x2)
    • Theater Movie Posters: Base Item Box | 20x Hearts
      • Theater Movie Poster A
      • Theater Movie Poster A (Large)
      • Theater Movie Poster B
      • Theater Movie Poster B (Large)
      • Theater Movie Poster C
      • Theater Movie Poster C (Large)
      • Theater Movie Poster D
      • Theater Movie Poster D (Large)
    As stated above, none of these additional base items are required for feats. So they can be skipped and no progression will be lost, if you have no interest in building bases.

DC Designer Series: Aquaman & Mera by Pat Gleason Statue
    As you'll see below, the reward for completing "The Royal Relationship" collection is a replica of the Pat Gleason statue that will soon be available for you to purchase in real life, for your home.

In addition to the large version, there is also a Wall-mounted version, that sits on a small shelf. This version is a guaranteed reward for completing Mera's "Sea of Love" mission.

Both versions of the statue are tradable, so you can acquire them both off the Broker if you aren't able to get them during the event, yourself.
    • Like x 7
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Collections
    There are two new collections featured in the 2018 update.

"The Royal Relationship" is a 13 piece collection. There are two methods to obtain this collection. The first is by Mera in a Message in a Bottle consumable item, given out as a reward for completing her mission. The second is from collection nodes in Gotham City.

The reward for this item is an Interactive statue base item: DC Designer Series: Aquaman & Mera by Pat Gleason Statue. This statue plays various audio bites of Aquaman and Mera reciting their wedding vows to each other and takes inspiration from the real life statue of the same name, being produced by DC Collectables.

The second collection is the "Gotham Date Night" collection. This collection is found across the game, during the seasonal event. Completing the collection rewards players with a box of Marks of Victory and a 0 star feat "Date Flicks and Chill". Unlocking this feat will award you the title of "Soldier of Love [...]".

"The Royal Relationship" Collection

Obtained from: Mera/Message in a Bottle loot box, Collection Nodes in Gotham/Metropolis
    Reward: DC Designer Series: Aquaman & Mera by Pat Gleason Statue (Interactive Base Item)
    Feat: None

Collections
    1) Business Card from Amnesty Bay Diner
    2) A Heart-Shaped Seashell
    3) Royal Wedding Invite
    4) Arthur's Well-Worn T-Shirt
    5) Ocean's Call Purfume
    6) Roughly Removed Tuft of Dolphin's Hair
    7) Photo of Mera At Curry Lighthouse
    8) Photo of Aquababy
    9) The Royal Wedding Photo
    10) Mera's Garter Belt
    11) Royal Wedding Favor
    12) Love Letter to Aquaman
    13) Love Letter to Mera

============================================================================

"Gotham Date Knight" Collection

Obtained from: Loot Situations, Everywhere
    Reward: 5 Marks of Victory, Feat, "Soldier of Love [...]" title
    Feat: "Date Flicks and Chill" 0 stars, 0 feat points

Collections
    1) "The Three Racketeers" Movie Ticket
    2) "Sleepless in Star City" Movie Ticket
    3) "(52) Days of Summer" Movie Ticket
    4) "The 40-Year-Old Sidekick" Movie Ticket
    5) "My Big Fat Atlantean Wedding" Movie Ticket
    6) "Nth-Metal Linings Playbook" Movie Ticket
    7) "How to Lose A Hero in 10 Days" Movie Ticket
    8) "Pretty Villain" Movie Ticket
    9) "Crazy, Stupid, Heroics." Movie Ticket
    10) "The Amazonian Princess Bride" Movie Ticket
    11) "When Barry Met Iris..." Movie Ticket
    12) "Save Anything" Movie Ticket

• Like x 8
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Feats

Love Concessions
    1 Star, 10 Feat Points
    "Collect all 4 Love Concessions Base Items from the 2018 Love Conquers All Event."
    • Popcorn Machine
    • Popcorn Container Trash
    • Soder Cola Fountain
    • Soder Cola Cup Trash
    Glowing With Love
    1 Star, 10 Feat Points
    "Collect the Shimmering Amity Aura style"

Date Flicks and Chill
    0 Stars, 0 Feat Points
    "Complete the Gotham Date Night Collection"
    • Grants title: Soldier of Love
    • Like x 7
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Mera's "Sea of Love" Mission

Mera's Sea of Love mission is a new addition to the 2018 update of the Love Conquers All Valentine's Day event. It is a one time only mission that upon completion awards:
    • Message in a Bottle Loot Box (contains a piece from "The Royal Relationship" collection).
    • 2x Hearts.
    • 1x DC Designer Series: Aquaman & Mera by Pat Gleason Statue (Wall) base item.
    The backstory behind the mission is that Aquaman is currently dealing with Atlantean/Surface world politics, which occupies his time. Mera has come to the surface world in his absence and has made contact with the Star Sapphires, who are currently in Gotham to spread love over the Valentine's Day season, whilst dealing with an assault from Mr. Freeze and his goons.

The Star Sapphires have informed Mera that if she makes an offering to the Star Heart, they can grant Aquaman protection, through Mera's love for him. She has tasked you with the responsibility to find 10 mementos of their love, which are conveniently located within a short stretch of the river bank that runs through Gotham City.

Each of the 10 mementos featured in this mission are found in giant Sea Horse statues that are emitting red love hearts. Approaching these sea horse statues and interacting with them triggers an audio file to play, which tells a short story about the relationship between Aquaman and Mera, adding to and building on the characters as they appear in the DCUO world.

Once you've got all 10, return to Mera and she'll give you a shelf-mounted version of the epic Aquaman and Mera statue by Pat Gleason.

[IMG]

I have created a video guide which takes you around all 10 memento locations. Since this video was created, additional signs have been added to make each of the mementos easier to find. Hopefully you can still get some use out of it, though, if not to just listen to the dialogue again :D

In addition to my video guide, the wonderful Black Dawn has taken the time to create a map, showcasing each of the locations of each of the mementos. So if you can't be bothered watching my video, check out her map instead:

[IMG]

• Like x 7
  7. mrcheap Well-Known Player

You are amazing. Thorough, efficient and professional. A major asset to the community. Some of these base items look like they will be fantastic for actually dividing up your base a little which is much needed. Great that you have the hearts prices. Any idea how many hearts you will earn each day?
    • Like x 3
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thank you very much :) I always appreciate the kind words.

I believe it's a confirmed 10 with a potential 11th. It's 10 per day, with 2 bonus, one-time-only Hearts from the Sea of Love mission.

You get 3 for completing the open world mission, 1 for completing the race in Metropolis and 6 for completing the Love's Battlefield instance in the On Duty Tab.

There's also a new mission this year featuring Mera, but it appears to be potentially broken, as it doesn't reset, but seems like it should. There's no objective to it, either. You just show up and speak to her. It feels like you're supposed to do more. We're just waiting on word from the developers about whether or not it is working as intended.

If it isn't working as intended and it is supposed to be a daily mission, the initial reward you get for completing it is 1 Message in a Bottle (a loot box containing pieces of one of the new collections) and 1 Heart. That would bring the total rewards up to 11 Hearts per day.

Mera's "Sea of Love" mission awards you an additional 2 Hearts. But this mission can only be played through once per character.

Hope this helps :)
    • Like x 6
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Just added a new video for the Royal Relationship collection - an extremely detailed statue of Aquaman and Mera, based on the statue by Pat Gleason from DC Collectables in the DC Designer Series.

Check it out:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'm happy to report that the damage split bug, which prevented seasonal enemies from taking damage off of AOEs and other attacks which split damage when 3 or more enemies are in close proximity to the attacks... is now officially fixed! :D
    • Like x 7
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I've updated the guide with information about the Sea of Love and included a video guide showing the location of each of the Mementos and their respective audio files.

I've also corrected a reply above, too, stating how many Hearts a player can get in a day. Previously I said that the Mera mission awarded 1 Heart and that could possibly be a daily mission. But upon further investigation, the Sea of Love mission grants 2 Hearts overall (1 at the start and 1 at the end) but the mission itself can only be played ONCE per character.

So the daily amount of Hearts is 10.

If you haven't heard, the event will begin on Monday the 5th, following technical problems that prevented the event from going live. The event will now extend through February and end on the 5th of March 2018. The original scheduled dates for the event were the 1st of February 2018 to the 28th of February 2018.
    • Like x 6
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Tori, as always you are incredibly helpful and thorough. Thank you !!
    • Like x 3
  12. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

Thank you Tori,Awesome work as always,just like the fantastic YouTube videos you post,thanks m8
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thanks again for all the hard work
    • Like x 3
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

Thank you for the nice comments and continued support :) Hopefully you'll join me in the Episode 31 guide.
    • Like x 4
  15. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Why do I feel like the 'X' is going to be the one everyone wants.
  17. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Thanks again Tori. Kudos bro.
    • Like x 1
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I've updated a couple of notes in the guide. A summary of what I said is basically:

- Wall-mounted version of the statue is a reward from the Sea of Love mission (it said I didn't know in the Base Items portion of the guide)

- Royal Relationship Collections are dropping in Collection nodes around Gotham City and Metropolis. So you don't need to do what I did on test and create multiple alts to get them XD oops.

I was wondering also:

1) Has anyone seen any Letterman Emblems that AREN'T the letters A-7 or numbers 0-9? I'm wondering if there are any symbols or anything thrown in there.

2) Has anyone found the Gotham Date Knight collection dropping from anywhere other than bosses?
  19. Earth742 Well-Known Player

There seem to be a few more Collections dropping, these are not listed here or anywhere else as far as I know.
    Classic Vows, Emotional Vows, Renewal Vows; each seems to be a 4-Item Collection, dropping in the same nodes as regular Open World Collections, often w/a non-event item and/or "The Royal Relationship" collection items.
    Are these New or Old?
    Nvm! I found them in the Wiki; from 2011 but worth a gander!

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=Classic Vows
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Collections:_Wedding_Vows
    Rewards: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Emblem_of_Devotion
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Collections:_Classic_Wedding_Vow
    Rewards: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Jungle_Heart_Emblem
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Collections:_Spiritual_Wedding_Vow
    Rewards: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Emblem_of_Scorn
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Collections:_Emotional_Wedding_Vow
    Rewards: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Ninja_Climbing_Boots
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Collections:_Renewal_Wedding_Vow
    Rewards: http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Prowler's_Goggles
    I apparently have a few alts that need these...
    • Like x 1
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Yeah, sadly with the way the forums are set up, I'm not able to create a giant, ever expanding seasonal guide. If I could do that, I'd have 1 guide for every event and just update that instead. But because I can't re-position new posts to the top of the thread and am limited to the amount of characters and videos which can be posted in each reply, I've decided the best thing to do is just make a new thread for each update.

In the future, I'd like to go back and cover old stuff, but I'm waiting to revamp my channel and refine the video making process before I go heavy on covering older stuff, such as the collections here and whatnot.
    • Like x 1