DCUO Thinking Outside The Box

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Jun 18, 2016.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Yoo guys!

I've started creating some videos on YouTube, and one such series I am working on is called Thinking Outside The Box.

Essentially this is a series which focusses on style customisations and/or base item decorations which may be unconventional yet work or are there to give viewers ideas. It is intended for players who know how to play the game but want to find ways to better their styles or base decorating.

Note I am not saying you need to copy what I have done exactly (though you can) with regard to these styles/base items, but more to give you ideas on how you can utilise them - and think outside the box.

Sometimes Thinking Outside The Box may also involve other aspects of the game, and give you top tips on other matters such as broker, collections, or weapon style farming. So look out for videos like these as well.

I will also theme a lot of base item TOTBs around my bases or upcoming bases, so that you can in a sense follow the progression of my base projects, and maybe revisit specific base items from bases I have finished.

I will update this thread as I post new vids on YouTube from the Thinking Outside the Box series.

Hope you enjoy the videos and find them useful. Of course where I can I will also say where to find/how to get said styles or base items.

Episode 1: Kryptonian Wall Dividers

Episode 2: Cosmic Material and Weapon styles

Episode 3: Flash Museum Fire Signs and Ice Signs

Episode 4: Bone Tusks

More to come! :)
    • Like x 7
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 5: Wooden Bridges

(Sneak preview of my Summer event themed base at 1:12)
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 6: Upright Vined Blocks

4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 7: Themed Floor Base Items (Spring, Summer, Fire, Winter, and Amazonian) - there may be a sequel to this in the future :)

5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 8: New Genesis Flowering Vine

6. DocBarJovi Well-Known Player

Seriously impressive, I can't wait to see what ya come up with next. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 9: Apokolips Wall Monitors (Apokolips Energy Monitor, Apokolips Status Monitor, and Granny's Special Monitor namely)

8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 10: Kandor Signs

Episode 11: Vault Circuitry and Circuitry Array

9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hope these videos are useful, either in terms of the in-game financial aspects of it, and/or the highlighting of specific collections/base items and where they can be found.

Episode 13: Rare Collections From Instances That Sell Well On Broker

In some of these videos there are $ on either side of collections/base items. This means:

$ - Usually sells between $200-999K in-game cash on broker
    $$ - Usually sells for $1M, or possibly $5M+ on broker depending on time

Episode 14: Rare Base Items That Sell Well On Broker

Episode 15: Rare Collections From Gotham and Metropolis That Sell Well On Broker

Episode 16: Rare Collections From Urgent Warfronts That Sell Well On Broker

(Please note that some of these may change over time, depending on how often players play certain content, or farm certain collections. Though some of these collections will likely remain gold on the broker, there is no guarantee that this is the case for all)
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 17: Astral Weapon Styles

12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 18: Diabolic Weapon Styles

13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 19: Themed Floor Base Items II

This includes floor base items from the Halloween Seasonal, as well as floor base items suited to lab/tech themed bases.

14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 20: Steaming Cauldron

15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 21: Elder Plaque

16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 22: Gleaming Weapon Styles

17. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

You are a freaking genius with these base item customizations, seriously I never even knew making your bases look like these was even possible. These themes look like actual mission instances! I guess I've spent so much time in game doing other stuff I didn't consider this.

Very impressive!
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 23: Mist-Enhanced Weapon Styles

19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 24: Phoenix themed Base Items (including Phoenix Sign, Phoenix Insignia, Phoenix Egg Base Items, Phoenix Floor Panel and Phoenix Floor Tile)

20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 25: Gorgon Altar (Aflame)