DCUO Summer Event 2017 Rewards

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Torikumu, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

This guide is a reference for the rewards introduced as part of the 2017 update to the DCUO Tides of War Summer Event.

Styles
    Pirate Style

Parts: Head, Hands & Feet
    Found: Summer Seasonal Vendor
    Feat: ARRRR, MATEY! (0 Point, No Stars feat)
    Grants Title: "Captain"

The DCUO Summer Event 2017's main style is the all new "Pirate" style. The Pirate style is available for your character's Head, Hand and Feet slots.

The Style is attached to scaling gear. The minimum item level that this gear will attune to is Item Level 10. The maximum item level that this gear will attune to is Item Level 171. This is equal to the Blue gear found in Episode 28: Age of Justice.

Prices
    • Pirate's Peg Leg and Boot Box
      • Cost: 50 x Sand Dollars
    • Pirate's Hook and Glove Box
    • Pirate's Tricorne Box
    Floaties & Flip Flops
    Parts: Waist & Feet
    Found: Summer Seasonal Vendor
    Feat: Sea Biscuits (10 Point, 1 Stars feat)

There are 3 Floaties available in the 2017 update to the Summer event. Collecting all 3 will unlock the "Sea Biscuits" feat worth 10 feat points.

Prices
    • Solstice Seahorse Floaty
      • Cost: 15 x Sand Dollars
    • Summer Seahorse Floaty
    • Summersaurus Floaty
    In addition to the Floaties, there is also a new Summer Flip Flops style. This style costs 15 x Sand Dollarsand is not associated with any feats, making it an entirely optional purchase.

"Sun and the Sea" Collection Reward: Aquarium Aura
    Collection: Sun and the Sea!
    Obtained from: Ocean Master (Heroes)/Aquaman (Villains) in the Atlantean Outpost mission
    Feat: Aqualung (0 Point, No Stars Feat)
    Grants Title: "the Ichthyologist"

The Sun and the Sea collection reward is the brand new Aquarium Aura. To obtain pieces of this collection, you must defeat Ocean Master (if you're a hero)/Aquaman (if you're a villain) in the Atlantean Outpost seasonal mission - found inside the On Duty screen during the Summer Seasonal Event.

11 of the 12 pieces have a chance to drop from this mission, with the 12th piece being available in the vendor at a cost of 100 x Sand Dollars.

Collecting this Aura will grant you the Aqualung feat, a 0 point/0 star feat which grants the title "the Ichthyologist".

"Sun and the Sea" Collection Pieces

• Megalodon Jaw
      • Vendor Collection - Cost: 100 x Sand Dollars
    • Anglerfish Esca
    • Giant Squid Hook
    • Jellyfish Nematocytes
    • Octopus Ink Sac
    • Stingray Barb
    • Hagfish Slime
    • Dolphin Tooth
    • Starfish Arm
    • King Crab Claw
    • Swordfish Beak
    • Pufferfish Spine
    Base Items

12 new Base Items were added during the 2017 update to the Summer Seasonal event. These base items are as follows:

Prices

• Batman Beach Towel & Sand
      • 6 x Sand Dollars
    • Superman Beach Towel & Sand
      • 6 x Sand Dollars
    • Wonder Woman Beach Towel & Sand
      • 6 x Sand Dollars
    • Wonder Woman Tiki
      • 15 x Sand Dollars
    • Circe Tiki
      • 15 x Sand Dollars
    • Aquaman Tiki
      • 15 x Sand Dollars
    • Atlantis Sand Castle
      • 6 x Sand Dollars
    • Daily Planet Sand Castle
      • 6 x Sand Dollars
    • Wayne Manor Sand Castle
      • 6 x Sand Dollars
    • Sidescuttle
      • 15 x Sand Dollars
    • Porthole (Floor)
      • 15 x Sand Dollars
    • Summer Speaker
      • 50 x Sand Dollars
    Collecting all 12 of these base items will unlock the "Honorary Atlantean" 10 Point, 1 Star feat.

Misc
    Beach Ball Trinket
    The Beach Ball trinket is Physics Object trinket that spawns a Beach Ball physics object. It behaves in an indentical manner to other physics object trinkets like the 2nd Year Anniversary cake and Kryptonian Ball.

The Beach Ball trinket costs 50 x Sand Dollars and is not associated with any feats, making it an entirely optional purchase.

"Summer is Coming" Collection
    Reward: Marks of Victory, Feat & Title
    Found: NPCs in the Open World portion of the event
    Feat: Hydrokinetic Heroes (0 Point, No Stars feat)
    Grants Title: "Knight of Atlantis"

Pieces
    • Aquaman’s Armor Scale
      • Vendor Collection - Cost: 6 x Sand Dollar
    • Mera’s Crown
    • Zan’s Bucket
    • Aqualad’s Shell Necklace
    • Aquagirl’s Helmet
    • Tempest’s Trident
    • Black Manta’s Wetsuit Circuitry
    • Atlanna’s Spaulder
    • Ocean Master’s Scepter
    • Koryak’s Earring
    • Siren’s Gauntlets
    • Red Torpedo’s Cloak
    Last Updated: 17th June 2017
    • Like x 11
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Awesome! Ty for vids Tori!

Pretty sure I've suggested many of these on the forums, including a speaker that plays Tribal music, the portholes (and not just for wall), and the sandcastles. Also pretty sure I've suggested the Pirate style at some point as well. I would say the base item prices are a little high overall though, hopefully that changes. It's odd when every seasonal has different pricing on base items (besides the rare base pet/interactive base item).

I don't see myself doing any TOTB episodes on these, but I will be working on a new Summer Base. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Thanks for the summer seasonal 2017 preview, Torikumu!

FFS I really hate it that the devs made the seasonal styles as gear pieces. Just to push seasonal mark sales on the MP. :mad:
    • Like x 2
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Corrected a few things based on last night's hotfix and added information/video about the Floaties, Beach Ball and Flip Flops.

I'm trying to figurre out where you get the collections from. If anyone has any info, please let me know.
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

How does this even make sense? Did you think this through? If I wanted to buy gear I would buy Stabilizers and not seasonal currency.

Not everything is a conspiracy :rolleyes:
  6. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Have you unlocked the Aquarium Aura yet? I'd really like to see what it looks like.
    • Like x 2
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

For those wondering:
    1. Daily Currency
      • Open World Mission: 5 x Sand Dollars
      • Instance: 5 x Sand Dollars
      • Total: 10 Sand Dollars
    2. "Wonder is Coming" Collection drops off the NPCs in the Open World Seasonal Mission. They may drop from all enemies, but I can definitely confirm that they drop from the Seasonal enemies in the open world if nothing else.
    Still trying to confirm where the Aura collection drops. I'm 99.9% certain that it will be a rare drop from Aquaman/Ocean Master in the instance, but until I see it in my loot tab or a developer confirms it, it remains unconfirmed.
    Nope, not yet. Pretty sure it's the reward for the other collection, though. The icon for the reward is an aura icon and that's the only aura I'm aware of.
  8. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Breitbart told me you were one of THEM!!!
    • Like x 1
  9. DC Urban Committed Player

Dang I never got the crab style was hoping for that blah
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Forgot to reply to let people know that I've added a video for the Aquarium Aura, for those who were waiting to see it.
    • Like x 1
  11. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

How insanely awesome would giant rectangular windows of water be for your CEILING!!!!!!?? They said the reduced the cost on stuff, are those prices up to date? Will find out after downtime lol. The stuff with water is only cool crap this year. Giant shark fins as a floor base item would be cool for villains lmao. Place on water puddles and instant death trap.
    • Like x 1
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'm not sure to be honest. Wouldn't a ceiling window simply display the sky from an under water perspective? I guess it might work.

Yeah, those prices should be up to date. Only the sand castles were reduced, I think. I updated as per the patch notes, so if there were further reductions, not listed in the notes, then the prices will need updated.
  13. Sigeci Well-Known Player

Are you able to trade the vendor collections like the previous seasonals?
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

15. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Depends how deep they make the pov. It could even be pitch black with external lights shining and bio-luminescant fish/creatures.
    • Like x 1
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

That sounds cool :)