DCUO - Rebirth , a look at upgrades from the community

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SuperKilln, Jul 30, 2021.

1. SuperKilln New Player

[IMG][IMG]
    THIS LINK IS A POWERPOINT ..
    https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=FBBD1D637D1EFCEC!491&ithint=file,pptx&authkey=!AJLJpUMRzbtism0

Topics in the Powerpoint (armories, styles, back-up, sidekick, orbital, vault, supply's, league menu, and more).

This is a link to some suggestions and a look at upgrading the systems at play. I have been playing since 2012 or before. This is a (32 page) powerpoint, suggesting ways to enhance the game and make money at the same time. I have built ideas onto your already great game to influence more money and gameplay. I am not a professional programmer, just the most creative person you ever met. Thank you for all the years of gameplay - Justin Burdette

If you would like to discuss this topic please comment below.
    I could make a part 2 if the community would like.
    • Like x 5
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not to dismiss all of the work you put into your 30 page presentation...but, maybe you may have missed the big announcement recently ==> DCUO Development Update July 2021 <== The vault and Stabilizer Duo are being eliminated (for daily runs...the vault might come back for special occasions), and there are lots of other changes coming in August. Click the link, read all of it, ask any questions that you think haven't been asked and answered just yet.
  3. SuperKilln New Player

Yeah- Those were ideas that came about over time. All is set to make a profit. I missed that cause I guess I was building this. I did drag my feet on this project. I don't regret anything my ideas are great and profitable. I focused on adding instead of changing the already existing model. The way they are doing it will cost them more money. The simplicity and adding on-to systems is always better than replacing systems. Vault is just on aspect- what about the "Lair Command System"?, Armories that can hold power in forms?. No they did not cover that. So to simply dismiss the whole thing based on "one subject "or "one thought" out of everything is a closed perspective. The systems I created is for continual growth- not just about a vault. Thanks for (not) reading anything I put together and shoving information in my face, when you did not read mine.
  4. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

KHALON is offering valid input. While your efforts are appreciated, it may not have been necessary. I will check it out and see what input I can provide. Like KHALON said...there are already a plethora of changes coming in August.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

Ok, I've had time to review the PowerPoint. Here is my personal feedback:

Vault is already being removed with the upcoming dlc update

Power station will kill alts. Other than playing different power sets, alts are a way to farm seasonal currency among other things. Op item supplies come to mind.

League management system would be neat, I really like the idea of preferred play style/role

Screen filters seem unnecessary. I like the thought of the various filters having exclusive rewards. I feel it may be too much work for too little reward.

Animated head styles while cool, may be too much work for too little reward. Not to mention the licensing issues.

Sidekicks are already something on the devs radar as made evident by the iconic sidekick system that requires leveling them (admittedly, info on that is limited at this time)

Orbital mega strike seems interesting but will be intrusive to fluid gameplay.

The same goes for the team mind feature.

The whole point of the game is fast paced combat. While it may not be specific to what you're looking for, Dead King's Scepter enhances orbital strikes. The mega strike would increase efficiency as a team if it could be implemented properly.

Maybe a passive ability where if x amount of people call their orbital at once..it would trigger mega strike. It would require communication from the team on when to effectively use it.

I do like the idea of jolt on the supply drop features. It would effectively eliminate having to rush over to get someone, you can just drop your supply drop. It would be really nice if it affected anyone in the area and not just your group though especially in open world boss fights where so many wipe at once.
    • Like x 1