DCUO & PS5

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Olli Malicious, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Solarbound Committed Player

No offense? What's fhe point of saying that? Why would I be offended? Are you offended because I have a difference of opinion than you? Stop acting as if players with similar perspective to mine have no right to a say after the support they've given with their hard earned money.

The funny thing about WoW, I remember a time when DCUO DEVS stated that their aim was to compete with that franchise. And, look how that turned out. Yet, the problem with your point is, WoW is one of those MMO's that are among the gold standard. Exception to the rule, I guess you could say.

Cool, we still have players who play. I'm not against that by any means. But, the fact we've lost too many due to poor decision making on part of the DEVS is where part of my concern is drawn. It's a BIG red flag.

I said nothing about graphics. I don't care about graphics. Graphics don't make the game. It's nice, it makes it look shiny. I'm looking for the additions and changes that provide real substance to bring out this games fullest potential. Something it's nowhere close to.
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Then welcome to the proven wrong club
    Its HIGH on my priority list graphics r a cover for a crappy game.
    The game is what makes the game ot the graphics. Graphics r fine.
    Cant wait for wifey to let me snatch a PS5 an cant wait to play DCUO on it :)
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

My stance on the matter is not coming from how old the game is. There are plenty of other old games out there from past generations that I still love to play from time to time. But, back to my point. It's more about what these DEVS have not lived up to with the development of this game over the course of its time.

Yes, I am upset, I am disgruntled. I'm frustrated, I'm tired. Because again, this is a near 10 yrs we're talking about. I highly doubt that anyone in here can sit and say with a straight face that DCUO is where they thought or hoped it would be after such an amount of time. Especially, if they've been around as long as me. If they do, they're lying to themselves. Where the state of the game is now is a pure disappointment, as it should be so much more. Plenty of other similar products out there with similar history that deliver on such expectation. All I ask is, if they can do it, why can't the DEVS of this game do it?

Funny thing about the population, it's only enough to make certain parts of the game sustainable. If the population was truly healthy newer players wouldn't struggle finding the help they need to run the content relevant to them. PVP queues for large groups wouldn't be non-existent. We wouldn't have a phase in-game that's a complete ghost town. Xbox and Switch players wouldn't be coming into these forums begging and pleading to merge with those of us on PS and PC. Not to mention, the PS and PC merge wouldn't have been necessary. Those are all results of a heavily depleted population.

I've already explained my reasons of why I state "undeserving." But, in a nutshell, the DEVS simply have not lived up to what they were supposed to do. Instead, they took advantage of the players who deserve better. Just at a point where I have to be honest.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Your frustration is shared by a significant number of people, I do share some of it myself. There are aspects of the game that I scratch my head at and some I'm not surprised by. There are some parts of the game that needed to be addressed and others that should have been left alone. But in the end of it all, we merely rent the space of entertainment, we don't own it. We can say paying customer and we have some validity to it, but everyone signed up for what we got, better or worse.

I still don't see how a backwards compatibility port warrants it as undeserving. They didn't write it to work on it natively. If anything, it's probably closer to an emulation. But I don't know all the details of how backwards compatibility works.

When you say it is undeserving, it just sounds more like you just want it to die off. Which is something a lot of us would be very upset seeing.
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I said no offense because I didn't want to offend you by pointi g out that you don't actually have the authority to dictate what deserves or doesn't deserve to be on PS5. I never said anything about you not being able to have an opinion. Don't know where that came from.

If anything, I agree that DCUO has work to do and that it could definitely be better. I just don't think it makes sense to say that it doesn't deserve to be on the PS5 just because it's old and it's a work in progress.
  6. Solarbound Committed Player

Let me get this out of the way first. The first paragraph you typed there, I respect that wholeheartedly.

But, I'll reiterate. The backwards compatibility is not what I'm looking at to warrant as undeserving. It's about what these DEVS, harsh word here, FAILED to live up to. For example, a few years ago the hot topic was the PS3 was holding us back. If that was truly the case, why does it feel like we're still essentially playing the same game in terms of the state it's in? Is there anything that occurred after that PS3 support was cut off where we can say we've seen growth or evolution of the game? No, it has remained stagnant. But, we saw plenty of growth and evolution within the Golden Age of this game. Where did that go? Why are we no longer seeing that? The PS4 era should've been a greater chance to expand upon all of that. Opportunity missed.

I realize a lot times in here for some people my words can be hard to digest. I know what I do. I'm owning that and I have my reasons. DCUO dying off is the last thing I want to happen. But, if the DEVS were to for some reason pull the plug on DCUO, I wouldn't be bothered. The idea of that is something I'm already at peace with. I'm more so on the end of simply wanting them to do better for the community. Especially, after considering everything we've invested as a collective as we approach 10 yrs.

As long as there are other companies out there with a similar product who show greater example, that's what I'm going to hold them to, as the rest should.
  7. Solarbound Committed Player

Clearly, I'm not offended, but apparently you are. This isn't a perspective of dictatorship, entitlement, or authority. It's simply a voice of concern who is very much within reason given the time and money invested into this product after nearly 10 yrs. Ever heard the rule within business 101 "The customer is always right?" Learn it, understand it, and maybe you'll be more at ease with the bold statements in point of views similar to mine.

Again, this is not about the game being old. It is about what these DEVS have FAILED to live up to after the course of it's time. Funny how you talk about a "work in progress." It's been 10 yrs, man. How much longer do you think we're all supposed to wait until we start seeing the significant changes that work in favor of this community as a whole?

Interestingly enough, WoW never needed 10 yrs after its release to get things right.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

When PS3 was cut is when they started making updates here and there. There were UI updates, revamped the new character tutorial, QoL fixes, NPC updates, limit of base items was just increased, etc.
    • Like x 1
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

Sure, there were a few things here and there. But, how much of that was drastically significant? It just doesn't compare to what we experienced in the Golden Age.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Two things.

First of all, regarding this:

When were "drastically significant" things promised or even hinted at by the dev team regarding the eventual discontinuation of PS3 support? A lot of those expectations about PS3 support being dropped came from the community and weren't exactly all that realistic to begin with. And with a new console or two on the scene, it's not all that surprising to see it happening all over again.

Secondly:

Perhaps it'd be just as wise for customers in general to get a better grasp of that concept. It's a phrase that's been twisted and distorted many times simply to satisfy some pretty selfish behavior and justify some downright horrible attitudes and treatment of folks who are simply trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.

Go watch a customer service area when people lose every ounce of their cool (some of whom may not have had much to begin with) over a problem that can't be solved or a mistake made and it's pretty easy to come to the idea that no, the customer ISN'T always right.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You have to keep in mind what they have to work with. There's still looking at new ways they can add/change things without breaking the game and I heard they hired a new systems dev to help with that.
    • Like x 1
  12. ConsoleTester New Player

So far as tested most of the games that states your system may need to be updated to the latest system software to play this game. although this game is playable on PS5 some features available on PS4 may be absent.. so what this means is if you install a PS4 game on the PS5 some features may not work like the PS5 controller , Headset may not work as we have tested Destiny 2 it allows the PS5 controller to work but it hates the PS4 headset we had to reboot the system a few times to get it to work or else it would disable the L1+ R+1 buttons from functioning also we notice a little popping sound ever few minutes in the headset across the party chat between the PS5 being heard on the PS4 Pro headset coming from the PS4 headset wireless on the PS5 using the Sony PS4 Gold. also it doesn't allow charging while in safe mode on any device the headset dongle must be plugged in the back and no saved games seem to transfer over.

It's honestly really time to tell DCUO to make a DCUO 2 I agree so many of us that either play or not will come back if they just created a brand new game from scratch it's really time for it graphics are behind it would fix a lot of issues that moving to a new platform is going to cause over time it won't have ray tracing you won't see 60 frames any one with a pc with all these features can tell you this it's not a secret but they seem to think not making one is the right thing to do when it should be done.

We can force them to update upgrade if we just quit the game for 30 days go play something free while aren't receiving any membership payments it will make them do what is right if they still begin to ignore it stop playing it for longer they will begin to realize we who pay to keep it alive deserve better so stand up and fight back just like people are doing in the streets.
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

Fingers crossed...
  14. Solarbound Committed Player

You must really like this picture...
    [IMG]