DCUO on Steam won't launch with servers up

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Rokyn, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I noticed that the update was up and the servers were up but the game keeps kicking me me out. I get to the error screen where Batman and Superman are squaring off against Joker and Lex. Any known fixes? I wouldn't want to re-download the game from the site just because it doesn't launch with Steam at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

Same here.
  3. Voaxghost Well-Known Player

Same. Very frustrating.
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

Same here.
  5. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Workaround is to launch it from steam folder, not on steam itself.
    • Like x 1
  6. Simply Tensai Well-Known Player

try to verify integrity, someone on steams forums said thats often the cure
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating.
  8. Sister Sorcerous New Player

getting disconnected right after intro movies, don't remember error code but it says to just rerun the game. Tried to get in 10 times in a row with no luck.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dark_Harrier New Player

Same here, authentication issue with an error message code 0x0010. Multiple attempts.
    • Like x 2
  10. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Same here. Verified all files, problem persists.

Error 10.

Starting the game directly works like suggested above^

AP
  11. nossoh New Player

Yeah, seems to be widespread and also through Steam? DCUO's given all of one tweet to the subject, so who the hell knows. They acknowledged it exists, at least, but have gone dead silent for about two hours now on the topic. They're still peddling stuff on twitter so we know they're still there? But since many people can't even log in, the peddling itself is kinda pointless. "Can't log in? Don't forget to log in and buy this stuff!":rolleyes:

But yeah. Dead silence from DCUO for over two hours now. Not expecting it to come back up within the day, to be honest with you. Seems back-burnered judging by the complete lack of feedback from DCUO.

Also probably a bad idea to keep encouraging people to try, try to login again when that doesn't work? I dunno, seems unproductive.
  12. Dark_Harrier New Player

PC, nothing wrong with my machine.

I get error code 0x0010 after the usual file check and entry screens, and the suggestion to close the program and restart. Which, naturally, doesnt work at all.

Please fix, thanks.
    • Like x 1
  13. D4rkB0w Active Player

Problem with starting game from files is that I cant use Steam wallet...
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are working on this issue with Steam logins.
  15. Goldstomp Active Player

zzZZZzzzz........ zzzzZZZZZzzzzzzz...... I can't save the world if I can't even log in :(
  16. Yungen New Player

17. iCeDrAgOn Active Player

I had ran in to this issue myself things I have found

Cases where the game WILL NOT run

1. Game won't run (Gives Authentication Error 0x0010) when launched from Steam Client
    2. Game won't run (Gives Authentication Error 0x0010) when launched from Steam Client with In-game Overlay disabled (Prevents buying DBC using Steam wallet transactions)

Cases where the game WILL run

1. Game runs fine when started from the game folder bypassing steam by directly running launchpad.exe while the steam client is NOT running
    2. Game runs fine when started from the game folder bypassing steam by directly running launchpad.exe while the steam client IS running.
    Doing the above even if it is enabled in Steam settings for the game will still disable the in-game overlay which also disables the buying of DBC using Steam wallet transactions)
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just confirming, this is resolved.
  19. Extinction Active Player

Hi Mepps thing now is that somehow, I can't pay the Membership with my Steam wallet, it has the amount for the Yearly Suscription, but ingame, Steam Wallet does not even appear as an option, but it does appear when adding DayBreak Cash. However, trying to pay for the suscription through the web, in this account, I can select Steam, go through the process of "Authorize the Transaction" but it finally does not work, saying something about the card not working (even though, that the Steam Wallet has the $!)... Is this being looked into or fixed soon?
  20. The_Beaminator New Player

This is a problem for me to, when I try to purchase DB cash in-game, it takes forever to confirm the purchase, and I end up having to back out of the game for it to work again.