DCUO On Nintendo Switch!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 23, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Kick back on the couch, or take the DC Universe's iconic characters, locations, and adventures with you wherever you go. DC Universe Online's next platform is Nintendo Switch™!

This Summer, jump headlong into DCUO's massively multiplayer world, constantly expanding storylines, and iconic DC locations.

Fight with or against over 300 DC characters in this game of unprecedented size and content.

Channel your inner hero or villain by creating your own character, living your own story, and joining with others to create your own leagues of superheroes and supervillains.

Your character. Our universe. On the go.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

When will DCUO launch on Switch?
    DCUO will launch on Switch in Summer 2019. Check back soon for more specific launch dates.

Will my account or characters transfer from other platforms to Switch?
    No. Players will connect to DCUO using their Nintendo Accounts, which will not be linked to existing accounts.

Will DCUO on Switch be free-to-play?
    Yes. As on other platforms, DCUO will be free-to-play on Switch.

Will DCUO on Switch allow crossplay?
    DCUO will launch on Switch with a brand-new, fresh server, separate from all other communities. We look forward to exploring crossplay options in the future.

Don't forget. Sign up now to get insider updates on the latest DCUO on Nintendo Switch news, features, and more. You can unsubscribe in one click.
    • Like x 7
  2. AV Loyal Player

That's frustrating. I wish there was at least some way we could transfer feats over, as I guarantee I'd start a new character on switch if that was an option.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Great....going to have 6 accounts now....

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I'm getting a switch in two month's I'll def try this out there. Marval ultimate Alliance the black order and this are two superheroe game's I'm looking forward to.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

without a way to play our existing toons this is pointless i doubt many will want to start over.

i would actually be pretty interested in playing on the go but not with that cost so no thanks
    • Like x 2
  6. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Account transfer or not this is incredible. The longevity of dcuo can not be questioned. Didn't even know the switch was capable of handling a game like this
    • Like x 5
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

Does this mean porting over to the Wii is a possibility?
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

I wish they would just wipe the PS/PC servers clean to be honest. Give us all a fresh, new start and the exploiter no-lifers could kiss their glitched billions bye bye. Not that it will ever happen, so with that said.... I'd kind of be looking forward to this if I had Nintendo Switch. That is, if enough people start playing it.

Just look at Xbox's economy, then take one glance at the horrendous difference in our cesspool. If it wasn't for the population being so small on Xbox servers, I'd consider starting over and ditching USPC/PS.
    • Like x 1
  9. AV Loyal Player

While I like the Sodom/Gomorrah enthusiasm, I'm one of the people who only suffered as a result of the glitchy bs (ie. hecka inflation) and never benefited from it. I'd be cool with a 100% economy wipe but a full "you lose everything you've ever done" approach would be pretty unforgivable.
    • Like x 5
  10. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I like having my original characters, but I create new ones every couple of months or so. If I had a Switch I would certainly be trying out the game on it.
  11. TheOracle Active Player

So instead of fixing the game on existing servers you want to launch it on yet another platform?
    [IMG]
    Will the switch server have 2 weeks of downtime like XBOX?:D
    • Like x 4
  12. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I'm with you. I'd like to see all the money in-game completely reset. That's not fair to a lot of players who have worked to get money, but the whole economy is SO screwed up thanks to the glitches, it might make the broker playable again.

But first, get rid of the speed-hackers. Those guys are seriously detrimental to the game. I can't even leave the seasonal if I spot one because they finish it so quickly. I don't want to play with speed-hackers.
    • Like x 3
  13. Telnano Active Player

Nice News i think, so it will bring us DLCs for the next 2-5 years, or maybe longer.
    • Like x 1
  14. myandria Item Storage

So, is this the new motto now? No more of the previous one? If so, then at least this new motto is not as vague as the old one.

15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yet it would still be better if you didn't have too
    • Like x 1
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Ditto on all counts
    • Like x 1
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  18. Tacca Well-Known Player

Can american players play with european players in one server or will it be separate?
  19. Lugo Well-Known Player

Wow, this is so great.
    Now Switch players get to experience paying their way through a glitchy and unbalanced MMO with weak, last-gen graphics.
    At least everyone will be new so you can actually get into low-tier content. Or maybe they'll give out free skips to max CR so no one actually has to learn or play the game, they can just get straight to buying DLCs and replays and TCs.
    Wow, DCUO forever!

Mobile DCUO, anyone?
    • Like x 2
  20. AV Loyal Player

I think the hard-earners would still be better off and ultimately richer for it. The inflation is baaaaaaaaaaaad. Completing all the TC collections costs billions. There'd definitely be people annoyed but it'd certainly be doing them a favour.

100% agree about speed-hackers. I'm flabbergasted by their continued presence and at the fact their isn't more public outcry. Even if you don't ever play with them and kick/report them anytime you see them, they de-legitimize the accomplishments of real players, especially good ones, by a) making people wonder if their accomplishments/potency is legitimate, and b) **** up the stats the devs get in regards to feat completion, esp for bugged/overtuned things. Top-tier DPS? Everyone's watching them to see if their animations are full duration + appropriate cd. Eg. someone low key accused me of speedhacking once and I had to demonstrate/explain that the power I was clipping just had a similar animation to the end of the combo I was doing, so it looked sped up combined with the fact I was using PD when available. There's a lot of (well founded) suspicion. Another example: if someone did all of their LPVE grind feats after stat revamp I'm going to a) pity them, b) immediately assume they speed-hacked. It's disgustingly prevalent, but generally well-hidden.

I'm guessing the Switch will have to deal with hackers too, given it's homebrew capacity.
    • Like x 1