DCUO Mass Ban - Time capsule exploiters?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SappyZ, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dene Devoted Player

Sick of this. Sick of feeling like I need to apologise for liking the game

People who like the game are enemy #1

People who cheat/exploit the game are Hero #1

if TCs were gone FOREVER - bet you my account you'd cry about something else within 24 hours

cheaters are SCUM.. people playing a game that they like are not.

You hate TCs - we get that - how you in turn think that justifies these scum is reprehensible
    • Like x 2
  2. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

LOL, I'm being lectured on moral wrongs now by the guy who suggested we should let people cheat so the game doesn't shut down, and spent the last few days trying to defend and justify theft.

Enjoy your strong support here of the one other guy on the forum who doesn't know what "moral" and "ethical" mean.

The two of you are making a really strong argument for credibility in future topics...
    • Like x 5
  3. Dene Devoted Player

Hypocrite

You are ok with blatant cheating but are horrified by something that is a choice that you see as morally wrong ?

Not sure why you guys even play.. People cheat.. They KNOWINGLY cheat & you have the audacity to justify it & think all is ok

They DON'T cheat and LIKE the game - you see them as the enemy.. very sad
    • Like x 3
  4. Dene Devoted Player

LOL nice detective work!! Kudos

But... So? I focus on other paets of the game

I don't engage in those parts because i dont enjoy them.. see how i deal with it ?

Unlike the TC drama queens - I don't come on the forums whining about PVP or Farming RnD - I deal with the fact that I wont get those & move on..
    • Like x 4
  5. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Cheaters and exploits happen, but agree its not supposed to. The devs are partially to blame when they installed a system that sort of pushes the community to rely on a system that had been broken and abused often to begin with without adjusting to fix it.

Then add to that, the ridiculous RNG factor and not stopping the cash sites from entering the game, making it entirely possible to transfer cash earned in game to real life cash.

Sure, it was senseless to exploit..but it was equally senseless to enable it. Especially with this community that has found exploit aftet exploit throughout the seven years of existence.

Makes me wonder just how in touch they are with the state of the community.
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Their Wrong is subjective and based on your opinion

Your Wrong is against TOS & is out and out cheating

You just proved that you, whether you have done it or not, are open to exploiting and believe exploiting Daybreak and fellow players can actually be justified.. that is cheating and more morally wrong than buying a few TC keys - not worth my time to discuss - welcome to ignore

I apologise to all for buying stabilisers and - apparently - ruining the whole game
    • Like x 3
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

So we can say that both sides are wrong, it still doesn't make anything the exploiters did any more justfiable. Players felt entitled to things but didn't want to pay for it, so they selfishly exploited to the point where they broke the game economy and helped driving players out the door by abusing a system that was already messed up, making things even worse than it already was. So you can blame the devs for implementing the system, but the exploiters are entirely responsible for making things worse.

No matter what you think of Time Capsules, nothing, I repeat NOTHING justifies the lenghts that selfish, greedy and entitled players went through to abuse said system for nothing but their own, personal gain. Nothing.
    • Like x 5
  8. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

This is gibberish from a person who made a thread called let m-e p-l-a-y m-y way LMAO. And yes there is gamer abuse. again your blinded by love.

And what is my personally responsibility based on what you think I'm moaning about when it come to TC scam?
  9. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Exploiting greed from companies isn't bad in my eyes. Give ppl options if they want to continue playing. If exploiting is cheating then DCUO ned to ban all cheaters and not just chose the one that hit them financially

Sorry if I'm not in to being a w-h-I-t-e knight for dcuo like yourself
  10. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Agreed..and wasnt justifying anything...up to and including TCs and what they are.

Back when all of us were fighting over those damned things...we said something like this was going to happen...we all got laughed off the forums with it and some of us banned off the forums.

Hmmm..

Gonna go ahead and say to those who disagreed that we told you so and to the Devs..its time to get in touch with the actual community and understand what they are capable of. You were warned.

Continue to support the capsules and how they are applied currently and I can almost guarantee a similar incident...
  11. godonfire Active Player

In one way I see and support the ban daybreak did in dcuo but I think they did it in the worst time because the game is in arealy bad stage and they are unsupporting ps3 is going to end up dead. And I Oslo need to say that things like this happens because of the preferences devs (Mepps) have for some players that I’m not going to mention but is sad that those players was the first ones that started exploting the marketplace glitch and after that using the same method glitch to do other glitches like the time capsules glitches and the replay glitch. Those players that I’m not going to mentions there character names or leagues started promoting the glitch method to others players and that way they form a chain of players doing the same thing and that way pass under the radar. Some of them are known as mepps friends. Again I’m not going to mentions names). But I’m going to make a video soon supporting what I’m saying here because is just not fair for the community. Everyone deserve to know the true
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Again with the poor, oppressed martyrs-attitude in favor of the exploiters. It's clear that you still try to justify what they have done. I understand that it must suck losing a bunch of your leaguemates and friends to this, but don't do the crime if you can't do the time is a very wise saying. :)

Again, devs implement an unliked system. Players solution? Exploit the living hell out of it and nearly breaking the game, making it far worse with each Capsule. The rest of the playerbase had to pay for it while the exploiters some people are trying real hard to paint out as heroes, selfishly kept pushing the price to make billions in personal profit.

There is no logical way that makes sense in trying to justify the players actions, it all stems from entitlement and greed, which makes it all the more ironic since people are claiming that this is a message to the devs own greed. It just doesn't add up.
    • Like x 3
  13. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

What?!!..lol ok..first I do not have a martyr attitude. Dont even play anymore..where did I even say or imply I do?

Do not even know who was involved..and guarantee my friends accounts as well as mine are currently intact.

In fact, I disagree with cheating and exploiting..just as much as those who jump to conclusions...(ahem)..

I also disagree with the system that enabled it.

Back when I was playing, a group of us warned that something like this would likely happen. It went largely ignored. The system and the exploits were cause and effect. It is what it is.
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You'll notice I said video. Not him showing a picture of lots of subcapsules and saying "this is what I got." That's not proof. I can tell you I got 5 flaming phoenix feathers from opening 40 Amazon Time Capsules. I'm talking about a video of a person opening 500-1000 and actually seeing what they got.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

These words below sounds a whole lot like martyr and defending the exploiters actions to me:
    It's hilarious how transparent you guys are in regards of the subject while denying it. It's clear where you stand and your arguments in defending the ones who got justifiably banned. The damage done thanks to Time Capsules reached the level it did because of your exploiter buddies. Keep that in mind in your next "warning".
    • Like x 1
  16. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Tinfoil hat much? My buddies?..dont even know them. Now your reaching and trying to push blame on anyone you may not agree with not agreeing to the system that allowed the exploit.
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

That stings coming from a guy who wants to refer us to a wannabe "anonymous"-exploit speaker on YT.
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Exactly. I'm not happy with the drop rates either. The Time Torn was great, after that they sucked again.

I had never bought a single stabilizer because of what it was like during Amazon. But when i saw the drop rates of Time Torn, I bought a 20 pack, to encourage the devs to continue down that road. They didn't.

So, what did I do? Stop buying Time Capsules. Eventually, because they kept it up with the feats, I quit playing the game.

Never participated in any exploit though, and happy about that.

Others who don't like the drop rates can do the same thing. Stop. Stealing cannot be justified, just because a person doesn't like the way a business operates. It's like walking into Walmart and saying, they're overcharging people for this Sony TV. I'm not going to pay that price. I'll just steal it. That'll show them. I'm helping out the community.

Yeah, what a bunch of selfish losers.
    • Like x 5
  19. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Whatever dude..welcome to my ignore list..kids these days.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It was you that I was going back & forth with......LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.