"Dcuo is dying" Reviving ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Jun 20, 2015.

1. xD25x Dedicated Player

I dont understand why people want to get rid of the scorecard. If used properly its a great tool. There should be some things added like pickups or seperate boss and add damage. With the scorecard we can see what dps are struggling and may need some helpful tips or if the healer is spamming power stressing the troll.
    • Like x 3
  2. Solar Well-Known Player

Dying... don't really know yet. Suffering? yes.
    • Like x 8
  3. MrB Dedicated Player

Devs need to stop listening to the very vocal minority in the game. They are screaming their heads off with their idea and devs seem to listen and implement those changes. Then the majority of the people get pissed and leave.

All the recent changes in the game that many, many people don't like have been the result of listening to the few.
    • Like x 7
  4. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

Is it dying? I have no idea, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out quite a few people left this game not so coincidentally around the time that certain not to be named update came out.

I like the idea of some premium + thing. This game shouldn't be an all or nothing affair. They are restricting their own marketing potential by trying to force casual gamers to go all in and be hardcore. To me, trying to get any money from the millions of potential players out there makes a lot more sense than getting subs out of 5,000 or whatever it is. Also it's time to restructure their pricing. Act like this is a 4-5 year old game on the decline, which it is, some of the prices in the marketplace are out of line in regards to respec tokens and such. You should realistically want players to experiment with different powers and not restrict those doing it to legendary members with nothing to spend loyalty points on. Switching and learning new powers could keep the iffy player base involved longer.

Replay badges are this games own worst enemy it seems like less and less players come back once they speedfreak their way to the top. I understand that's why there will be monthly content but still. Also, the price point of that content could literally kill this games premium base so get ready. The experiment of not having a complete gaming experience outside of legendary has already somewhat started, but this will kick it into hyper drive.
    • Like x 8
  5. smoove76 Committed Player

Geez .....ANOTHER ONE.. The only thing dead is the horse. You all keep beating about DCUO dying, this been going on for what......3 YEARS?!?!?. I mean really give it a rest.
    • Like x 3
  6. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Your mark relevancy point is exactly what i have been thinking
    • Like x 2
  7. seek76 Committed Player

People don't know how to use it properly.
    • Like x 1
  8. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Why people make " dcuo dead" threads these days ? If u think it's dead DONT PLAY man! I wish if I can ignore who make those kind of threads
    • Like x 3
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

PVE:
    1) Stop excluding solo and duo content for episodes/future content. This big small content thing is kind of annoying.
    2)Make it possible to were you can get in to raids, as of right now you can't get in unless you're 120 or above.
    3) If possible walkins for content. Content Like Bludhaven has plenty of feats, and there not duable because there's no portal. If you try queing for those low lvl alerts, you'll be kicked by low lvls, or you're que won't happen for a while. This problem is very noticeable on the villians side too.

4) Stop targeting dps's only, and show some love for support roles. I really can't stress that one enough, nearly every update is always an update changing dps. I don't want support roles doing damage, I want them to become more viable. Nature is excluding all other healers atm. I only see Ice and Rage tanks these days, and I always see only quantum controllers, none of the other ones. So yeah.

5) Bring some variety into Advanced mechanics, as a lot of them as of the moment are very cookie cutter and everyone uses the exact same loadout weapon, you name it. This would be done after support roles get some love of course.
    PVP:
    1)Powers: If you update their damage, leave it for pve only. I'm growing tired of all these new comers coming in and being able to knock you down instantly due to their power being buffed, or just the am in general.

2)Make Arena's more like legends, WM/AM'S Either remove them or tone their damage down. It's Silly how a plain Hold hold combo can 1 shot you if it crits. I've used dual wield's wm in pvp and have done that, so you can't tell me otherwise.
    Skill should still be the primary factor.

Remove the node points. As of right now where pvp currently stands, It's all about killing your opponent and not caring about the match. People that I went up against just wanted to win as fast as possible, and get out of there. That shouldn't be the case.

Make Support roles viable again. As it stands in pvp, If I was an electric healer I can't go into pvp because my heals are insufficent compared to the damage I would take from a hold hold WM combo. I consume more power, more skill to keep myself alive, and in the end the reward for healing off a wm combo is not enough to justify imo.

That's all I can think of for now...
    • Like x 4
  10. Ghostof91 New Player

This thread is not what you think it is, it is sarcastic quotation of mines bringing the community togethor on both sides trying put togethor I'll ideas to make the best game in the world and to also discuss differences in what we see a dead game or not.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I play on USPC as well. I don't queue into stuff without forming a a group first, probably why I don't see issues with queue times. I also haven't really had issues making groups for the bounties and such

HAHA, I've noticed that as well, and since it ticks me off when people put DPS first I make them last. Besides, back in the day, it was order of importance, tank(s) first, then controllers, then healers, last spots to fill would be DPS since they are everywhere and can be picked up easily.
    • Like x 4
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I wouldn't have played DCUO if I was only able to play as a pre-created character. It is the reason why I never played Marvel (besides the lesser comics issue). If one wants to play as Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman etc all, one is able to play Legends.

I really like the customization of the characters in DCUO, do I wish I could do more body scaling? Totally, but I know that there are issues with gear clipping and stuff...

>.>
    <.<

...not that we have problems with that currently...

anywhoo...I would love if we were able to mix and match different personality movements with stances (looking at you flirty rest on my powerful stance charcter...)
    • Like x 5
  13. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

OMFG yes!!!!! I don't care about clipping.

*queue Larfleeze's voice** GIVETHEMTOMEE!!!

As for Mr. Miracle's cape, they have one that is inspired by him from a collection as well as the new T7 vendor on New Genesis.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ghostof91 New Player

Indeed, imagine all of the money the developers would make if they gave us option to purchase collection styles from the market place like they have did with amenities.
    • Like x 2
  15. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Nope, it definitely is not, But that hasn't stopped people from constantly claiming that it is since the first week DCUO launched over 4 years ago.
    • Like x 2
  16. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Somewhere there is a dcuo exec laughing about threads like this
    • Like x 1
  17. Lionxoft Committed Player

I'd love to see open world pvp return to the USPC server. Long past are the days of the epic hero vs villain raids on the rooftops. I just logged in and didn't see a soul in the pvp server.
    • Like x 2
  18. Ghostof91 New Player

Laughing at threads that tries to bring players togethor to make a better game( subjective to ones interpretation of course), if thats the case then there really is no hope.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  19. Van_Gho Committed Player

Premium plus would be awesome but legendary members would just whine about it
    • Like x 3
  20. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Fix PvP and I'll re-sub in a heartbeat.
    • Like x 1