Dcuo Gross Monthly Revenue Eg7

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ObsidianChill, Sep 28, 2023.

1. ObsidianChill Creator League, Community "Trusted"

EG7 recently had their capital markets presentation where they had some takeaways for DCUO.

Highlighted the revenue generating events to correlate with EG7's results.

[IMG]

• Like x 17
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Tha
    Thank You!
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

"Maintained" Universe Online

Really great video, OC. Thanks.
    • Like x 5
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Ouchie and to add more ouchie to it the guy in your video said “we are not going to remaster DCUO, we stepped away from that idea”.
    • Like x 7
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

This is of course just my opinion...but people in general and companies involved in online business...should stop taking the pandemic as a starting point...as this creates a false impression of the dynamics of growth (or decline) in comparison with more than a “normal” period of time...then the growth was higher because people in general were looking for something to do and not because the product was better at that time..
    • Like x 10
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Interesting, and with the overlay you added, it's clear that whenever they put something into the game, there's a direct positive outcome. Instead, what I was hearing from him is that money should go to shiny new things, and experimenting with putting money into things that make money without putting money into them. Maybe it makes me antiquated to think that leaning toward investing in a known value to diversify your portfolio of risk to reward is a smarter business decision.
    • Like x 4
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

Yeah. He kinda rushes through the statement, kinda lowers his voice a bit too since of course he doesn't want to share bad news.

That really stings. Oh what could have been...
    • Like x 1
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

He even says he sees EverQuest 2 for another decade. Didn’t once mention DCUO future lol it seems using an IP like DC has run its course.
  9. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

So, which of the games on the chart makes the most revenue for EG7? It looks like DCUO, even though it is very Volatile. I believe we as a community have to somehow come together to get new players to want to stay, if we want this game to be around for a very long time.
    • Like x 4
  10. FaithfulJudgeDC Level 30

Thank you to the beautiful ObsidianChill riding in on his white stallion. Thank you my dear sweet boy always a clear mind giving us the treats and love when we need it. I dear say you are one of the beating hearts of this community and your efforts never go unnoticed :) .
    • Like x 3
  11. MightyHornet Well-Known Player

So to be clear, they’d rather invest money in lower populated, lower revenue generating games than their flagship. Who is running this company?!
    • Like x 2
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

To be fair none of this shocks me
    • Like x 1
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I watched the accompanying video, and it left me really bummed out to hear how they feel about DCUO. “Maintenance Mode”, huh.

This is really sad to me. I guess does this mean the doomsayers were right and we are in the finally days of DCUO?
    • Like x 2
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I would say it might not be within the next year they wouldn’t be wasting all this effort on a new dlc and the ps5 client if it was … but 2-3 years down the the dlcs will either be less frequent or way less content within them, the last thing to go will be the time capsules booster bundles artifacts and ally’s

They will milk every last penny out of it they can til that shut the doors… now we know why we lost so many devs when Jack left … this is hardly something news to the employees there now … if they are just announcing this now to us it’s been known for sometime within their office.
    • Like x 4
  15. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

I didn't watch the other video but I don't think they actually mentioned maint mode? that would be shooting themselves in the foot.
    I don't think it's the final days, you never know if they change their minds. Everquest has been around for 25 years as they mentioned, Daybreak is known for keeping their MMO's alive as much as possible. Now, DCUO isn't perfect in anyway, there's bugs, the community is pretty torn, and It's pretty silent on the forums despite players arguing among each other on different topics.
    But It's not such a bad game either that they will hurry and shut down. If it was terrible, DC themselves wouldn't want this game around. Now I'm not sure why they never invested into it, but It's still good we have the IP here and play among the heroes & villains of DC Comics.

I never expected big things, me and my friend discussed that the engine itself also reached It's limit in what they can possibly do. No company really wants to pay for IP's at this point. It comes with so much limitations. I don't even see it in "Maintenance Mode". I'm not blind to the issues, but I think it would've been much worse developing wise if they were done. The last major thing they did happened with episode 41. This wasn't so long ago.

It's not the end, at least not how I perceived it.

Edit: Don't forget they're still looking for Creative Director, Lead Designer, etc. If they were in Maint mode, they wouldn't care to look for those.
    • Like x 3
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dcuo has been in maintenance mode for at least 5 years in total. Not all consecutively, but the decision tells us that EG7 is confident enough that new or some casual players will carry the revenue.
    No need for exciting new features or interesting new concepts. As long as the game looks attractive to new players (Next gen client), gets regular updates (episodes and events), and keeps their cash cows fresh (TC / BB / 2x XP Weeks) it's fine.

To me, as a long-term player, this is in no way a positive future and I already haven't subscribed again after my sub ran out 2 weeks ago due to how Elite+ is currently being scaled/handled.
    We can vote with our wallets and thats what we should do. I still have hope for the game and would support it again if I like what I see in the future.
    • Like x 6
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

They aren't. People have been making idiotic statements like this and claiming that "the game is dying" ever since I started playing in 2016. It still baffles me how a game "is dying" for 7 years already, almost like FINAL Fantasy has more sequels than any other games.
    • Like x 2
  18. Limey Committed Player

People have been saying the game has been dying since at least 2013 or 2014, when I originally played on PS3/4.

But Final Fantasy doesn't really have sequels, as the majority aren't connected whatsoever - they're just numbered based on original release order. Series' like Borderlands and Deus Ex have more actual sequels/prequels as far as games taking place in the same universe and/or with at least somewhat connected storylines.
    • Like x 3
  19. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I am not surprised at all it's pretty obvious. I fault them a bit because if you want new players to stay having BB, TC, new allies and arts will only go so far and carry so high people want more not the same old stuff dressed up differently every few months.
    • Like x 1
  20. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

In 2011 I can remember, and some could possible say in alpha and beta stages in '09/10 on how long this game would last. "60 bucks - 100 bucks for the CE and a monthly to annual subscription cost!!!!!!!!" This game aint gonna last [insert time here]
    • Like x 1