Dcuo future

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Cisco, May 14, 2020.

1. King Cisco Active Player

Devs, can you answer these for us.

1. Dcuo 2 is it in development?

2. How long do you want dcuo to last?

3. Is dcuo going to be shutdown when dimensional inks new game drops?

I ask this by let’s be honest, dcuo is what we like. However, it has aged poorly. It’s still fun yes, but it just can benefit greatly by being shut down and creating a sequel.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1. Never going to comment on unannounced anything.

2. Our highest level planning is for at least another ten years.

3. No.
    • Like x 20
  3. Monkeyboy Committed Player

1. Understandable and smart
    2. What's the lowest level planning?
    3. Yay!
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Your suggestion at the end? That's more akin to pulling the rug out from under the players. That never ends well.
    • Like x 2
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Highest/lowest as in we have lots of details in the plans for next week, and much fewer details about the plans for this week ten years from now. But that's how far out our planning goes, roughly.
    • Like x 13
  6. Monkeyboy Committed Player

I would've said, "See number 1". :)
  7. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Ok. Here's MY question. Been playing since launch. If I make that 20 year mark , do I get a kryptonite plated watch? :p :p
    • Like x 2
  8. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

off of Jimmy's wrist itself...
    • Like x 3
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

No joke. At this rate, my lifetime subscription will be a lifetime subscription, LOL.
    • Like x 2
  10. Djem So New Player

One thing's for sure if the devs do make a dcuo 2 they better not make feats the main method of becoming stronger...the only reason anyone has high sp is cause they received 24/7 assistance from friends or players who actually are willing to grind the feats...a lot of new players do not have the slightest idea of what feats even are or how to obtain more than half of them, and as a result it makes progressing almost impossible...you can't really blame them either cause I mean a lot of the instructions for the feats are so vague you literally have to research the instructions online and watch youtube videos just to see exactly how the feats need to be done...that is not the way that an upgrade system should operate...and to add insult to injury the episode feats (which comprise the majority of feats in the game), are all locked behind a paywall since almost all content is paid...to me the feat system would make more sense if it functioned more like a perk system where you could gain bonuses in terms of the amount of certain in-game currencies you obtain, for example, and maybe more feats completed could give you more bonuses or something..but making it the main way of becoming stronger is a terrible idea...
    • Like x 3
  11. Isif Committed Player

Everybody saw the PS5 demo and now everyone expects more "triangles." DCUO has obviously kept the attention of many for approximately a decade, so keep up the good work.
    • Like x 8
  12. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

10 years? Sorry but not with these graphics and poor animations
    • Like x 1
  13. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

I'll still be subbing yearly as long as they keep churning out content. I'm here til they shut it down.
    • Like x 10
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

Everquest and so on. Graphics is not everything.
    • Like x 12
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is such BS. When I came back to this game around the end of Amazon 3 I had less than 100 sp. All my new league mates where at or near 300. While i got a bit of help, 95% of my sp from then to now(513sp) was from LFG, grinding dailies, events. and making money on my own. So many feats like the bottle duos, CC bounties, exo gathering, etc, I did alone in between alert and raid runs. And every single one of them nobody wanted to do them with me. But when the feats all pop in league chat, they were all "I wish I did those with you". You just have to actually want to play the game. It is an mmo afterall right? It is meant to take time.
    • Like x 7
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Not very many mmo has amazing graphics. They are mostly pretty dated. Graphics is the least of my wants in an mmo to be honest. For everything else I definitely want to put my 4k setup to good use
    • Like x 1
  17. King Cisco Active Player

I appreciate the response mepps. Kinda sad not expect a sequel though. I know I criticize the game, but it’s just hard seeing other games taking advantage of improved hardware and tech and we are stil looking like a game from 2 gems ago.

I’m serious if y’all made a poll most individuals would love a dcuo 2. And you can even have it like ffxiv where it’s buy to play and then sub
  18. King Cisco Active Player

A lot of modern mmos have great graphics. Check out black desert online
  19. Nik07 New Player

When season 2 of Survival Mode is coming?.
    • Like x 1
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I feel you but... WoW is still the most populated MMO and the graphics for that aren't impressive at all. Old School Runescape us doing pretty well too. These games are like 15+ years old, no? I can see both lasting for at least a few more years.

A good game will always be more impressive than a good-looking game. Just look at Bless and all the other MMO failures as of late. BDO may be successful with the whales keeping them afloat but besides its combat and graphics it gets rough reviews.
    • Like x 6