DCUO Episode 31: Deluge - Rewards

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Torikumu, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

Is last year's Starro style (starfish attached on your body) not available after this revamp?
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Asteroida? I got a piece (shoulder) as a loot drop today (I think from one of the raids).
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Pamphlet: The False King of Atlantis (Green Rarity) Collection from Doctor Fate in Duo
    • Like x 2
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Starro Conqueror in Threat Below Reg - Phamplet: Corum Rath's Face Paint (Blue Rarity)
    • Like x 1
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Sprindrift Station Event Morgwar - Stolen Spindift Station Schematic (Purple Rarity)
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thanks again Trex :)

I'm curious about this one. You've called it "Pamphlet: Corum Rath's Face Paint", but I've got it down as just "Corum Rath's Face Paint". Is it Corum Rath's Face Paint or a different "Pamphlet" collection?

The reason I ask is because I've got it down that Corum Rath's Face Paint comes from Morgwar in Spindrift Station, so I'm wondering if it's dropping in multiple locations.

Yep. As Captain1Dynamo said, the style is called Asteroidea :) It's still dropping. You'll find it in the Starro the Conqueror: Loot Boxes, which are given out to players as a potential reward in the Owner's Treasure Boxes that you get from the Treasure Chest that spawns after the final boss in content.
    • Like x 1
  7. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

Does anyone know if the Base Item Boxes available from the vendor are just full of random items from the game? It says they don't contain anything from events or episodes, which makes me wonder what the point of offering them is.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The general rule of thumb is that if it costs episode currency, it’ll contain episode base items. If it costs marks of victory, it contains generic base items. I believe they were added due to requests for additional mark sinks.
    • Like x 2
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its not a pamphlet, my bado n that. typed too fast too late at night
    • Like x 1
  10. Devilman78 New Player

11. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

maybe you guys can help me out? I've been getting face mask drops but when I look at the Mera set there is no socket for face mask mods what gear has sockets in the face mask?
  12. DSF New Player

Does anyone know if the ¨starro conqueror: loot box¨ that is in the seller requires membership?, Since it does not contain any text that indicates it but I can't buy it
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

9001BPM is correct :) If the box costs Marks of Victory then they're generic items unrelated to the Event/Episode. If the box costs the same currency you get from the Event/Episode (in this case Atlantean Crowns) then they only contain (most) of the base items available in the episode.

Don't really think there is a point to them, to be honest. Just something to spend your marks on if you want. It was first introduced in Episode 27, which was the first time we saw the best gear in the vendor since DLC10. It'd be nice if they could create a dedicated Base Item vendor somewhere, to keep the rewards specific to the episode.

Thanks Trex :) looks like they drop from multiple locations

Yep, the only Mask in the game with a face socket are the Starro face masks. I'm not sure it was ever explained why they didn't keep the socket on future Masks, but I guess it was just something for the event.

I haven't done extensive testing, but if you're willing to take a hit on the rest of your stats, you can actually get more of a specific stat, when modding the Deluged version of the OP mask, than what's available in the Vendor.

I haven't been able to get onto the game on a non-Legendary account to confirm, but it could be the case that you need to be a member/own the Episode to access them.

It could also be a CR issue. Is your character CR218?
    • Like x 2
  14. DSF New Player

Probably by the membership/owner of the episode, then why put it in the seller if you can not buy, I understand that they give in instances are blocked but these cost 30 Atlantean Crown, I guess I will not finish last year's collections when it was a Event
    • Like x 1
  15. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Amazingly useful guide. Thank you!
    • Like x 2
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

I can confirm that I had Atlantean Pottery OP collection drop off Penguin in the Iceberg-version of the Starro duo.
    • Like x 1
  17. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

extremely expensive on the market place too
    • Like x 1
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Broken Atlantean Energy Rifle

Dropped for me from the Deluge: Loot Cache (regular box from defeating Starro Controlled Iconic)
    • Like x 1
  19. Templeton Active Player

Hey Tori, you might know already but I'll say it anyway. I got Broken Trident Tip from Controlled Steel on duo.
    • Like x 1
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Might be worth making a post about it, if you're sure that non-owners/non-members who have characters over 218 definitely can't buy the box but see it listed on the vendor.

I'd do it myself but I have no way of testing. My account is subscribed and test defaults everyone to subscription status, so I'd have to make a character on a different account and start from scratch to see.

Thank you all, I'll add these to the guide now :)

You probably already got this by now, but I've just uploaded the guide for this Investigation:

Thank you very much :D I appreciate the kind comment. Glad that you find this useful!
    • Like x 1