DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Neb153 Level 30

This makes me very happy as someone who returned to the game very recently, it's the refreshment that the game needed and it's great to see the dev team expanding after all of these chaotic years
    • Like x 5
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Wow, what a fantastic update in my opinion. The only concerns I have at the moment are, like others have pointed out, the forced stat clamping and having to run older content for source marks. I will, however, reserve full judgement on those until they hit test so we can see exactly how clamped down we are. I'm also quite excited to see what the daily log in rewards will be, because a good chunk of the value of membership seems to hinging on those. Glad to see that Seals of Completion will be in the Fate vendor though, giving people a free way of getting them. Pricing will dictate how good or bad of a thing that is though of course.
    • Like x 4
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

What kind of plans? This makes me nervous and not in a good way.

Regarding how to acquire them? Or the skill point spec system?
  4. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

do this mean you add some iconic weapons in the future something like huntress crossbows ?
    • Like x 1
  5. RainFrog New Player

Hi, Thank you for the new update. Just out of curiosity, some of us have Seals of Completions stored waiting for the Artifact XP bonus week. Did we make a mistake storing it up during the sale if it ends up in the Dr Fate vendor for cheap? And btw when is the Artifact xp double week coming. Ever since the Artifact was introduce it is real difficult playing multiple characters without properly upgrading them all, focusing on levelling Artifacts just kill the fun for me, previously we could simply play multiple characters just on how much SP we have.
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

This is SO many news :eek: Hang on while my brain owerloading has ended..:D
    • Like x 1
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

The whole Clamp-situation needs more information. I don't mind being clamped to an extent, people need to realize that just because you reached end-level CR doesn't automatically entitle you to go a few Episodes back and be able to one shot things on your own while not having to care about actually abiding by mechanics as a group in actual group-based content.

People talk about "working hard to get there" when they've just been making it easier and easier the past few years for you to reach that end-level. There is place for a compromise here IMO.

The Ally-system sounds cool and all, but just how powerful will you be with it? This sounds like it could be Artifacts 2.0, and if it comes with the same cost/grind as current Artifacts I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it. Again, it's one of those things that needs more information.

Also, the next Episode.... Aside from the new features and what not, how will the actual playable content line-up look like? Solo, duo, alert etc etc? Because... Clamping older instances and slapping pricy new rewards onto a vendor doesn't hold as "new, playable content" IMO, if that were to be the case.

Overall I'm feeling excited about all this, I just hope it all ends up as userfriendly and wellmeaning as it sounds.
    • Like x 4
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The next episode will have rotating content, which will be upscaled versions of older content to endgame levels. The first set of instances will be based on Superman content, the second will be based on Batman content and the third will be based on Wonder Woman content. There'll be a solo/duo, alert and a raid (or maybe two? I can't remember what Mepps said) in each cycle. I think this will leave a lot of people...unimpressed, but given how large the scope of the upcoming changes are I can understand why this was done instead of creating brand new instances. There will be new gear etc. just like any new episode, it's just the actual instances themselves will be based off older instances we already have.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

That's disappointing if a new Episode's actual, playable content will mainly just consist of already existing content with an added Clamp-stamp, more so if it comes with a cramped up vendor with PRIIIIICY rewards as per usual.. Oh well, I guess there's more information to be had here aswell.

I hope that the actual Test server Launch and feedback will positively surprise on this regard.
  10. Y3ti New Player

Old content getting „harder“ sounds very good.
    might be even again enjoyable to play

Stuff where you just tap a weapon attack to kill adds and bosses and ignore all mechanics (that were pretty good back in the days) wasnt really fun recently^^
    • Like x 2
  11. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Can we pleeeeeease go back to the previous episodic base mods (stats; power/dom/health/resto...).

The base mods leveling introduced in flashpoint is arduous, not fun and final form is minimum in stats bump, bit you still have a feat for all 12.
  12. KevinGarnier New Player

It all looks clean to me but I think too much ambition all of a sudden and so little time to think and put everything in place at the same time and a bad idea afterwards I trust the developer but I don't do not hope that there will be too many bugs given the quantity of new things which will happen suddenly, as regards the subscription I find it less incredible than at the time and I explain myself before we had all the dlc free when we were prenium if you do the calculation you would see that it's made a lot of money to save, now that dlc becomes free for everyone and that it is withdrawn from the prenium its made a big void and especially in terms of saving money we will be much less rewarding and less winning, less profitable than before, I am thinking of all those people who bought the dlc separately from the subscription the poor, it is especially them who should be repay or reward enormously and not in any way because it is a lot a lot of money invested so that in the end they say to themselves that we are paying for everything in a vacuum with nothing in return.
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Like? I don’t see anything being taken away.
  14. ILeavemebee New Player

This looks great :)
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Holy ****, im psyched!
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

Now you got me interested, but I will have to see it and then I will believe it .
  17. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I had given up on this game, but with this changes I guess I'm back:)
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just to clarify, the stats clamp will be different that the rotating content.

I’m general all the content that do not give unique currency will bring us down to an extent. This is what everyone will have access as long as they meet the minimum cr requirements.

The dlc version however is different. Yes it will feature raids and content we already did but the instance itself will buffed to what a new raid would have been. We can be 342 max this dlc so the featured raid will be around 346 for example. The new gear for the dlc will be what makes be on par with those instances. Those featured instances will have the regular version as well as an elite version it seems. So we will still have to do everything we would do with a new dlc. Get renown, get marks, gear up. We won’t be clamped down for the dlc content. The dlc content is getting buffed to our content.

So let’s use FoS for example. From my understanding there will be the regular FoS that we get stat clamped to. We have a new regular version of it with a new cr minimum, and there will be an elite FoS too.

After the dlcs span is over it will be turned into a seasonal event that will feature different dlc content
    • Like x 3
  19. VaTuH New Player

20. Gabriel ct8 New Player

I didn't understand how the raid system is going to work , we will have a "new old raid " each month ? Will be the same currency on this raids ?

Nice changes coming , thanks.