DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Almost every relevant suggestion I’ve seen here on the forums has been hoarded and thrown into this titan of an update. Wow, GG!
    • Like x 2
  2. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

No. I said I may cancel. I was paying to have access to all content. Now even free players get that. So now I'm paying for some additional storage slots and some bonus login rewards. It may be that going premium is the ticket. Gonna have to see this in action before final judgement. I just feel like free players got the world handed to them and paying players got some kind of bone thrown their way so they won't bark too loudly. I was expecting a steak.
  3. ACLife Active Player

Sorry I see this should be on a different post...

4. LightningEl_ Level 30

Wow Well done I did not expect any of this I expected the usual but this really shows you guys care to improve the game with effort. The team has earned my respect

The new approach and features is looking great, alot of those has been suggested and now its all right there super awesome. I will be returning for sure

I would love to see some new powers, pvp fix & better in-game story telling & music in future updates that would be the spice
    • Like x 2
  5. Lucifoxx Active Player

The way raids are being handled reminded me of ff14. I think the changes are a step in the right direction. Especially with premium having no money cap now.

But honestly. I think a new power should be added and I got an idea for a whole new power called soundwaves. Where you use music instruments to debuff enemies and buff allys. Dps side will have a unique gimmick known as rhythm. Where you need to time your powers to a metronome to do more damage, this set is inspired by Octavia from Warframe and I'm sure there's characters in dc that uses music as a weapon.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Btw I did not to sound confrontational. If I did I do apologize. I was genuinely asking since I see others saying the same thing. From my point of view the 50% extra nth and the special currency which we can use to buy more stuff like seals felt like a huge upgrade. So I was confused why people thought it wasn’t “enough”.
    • Like x 1
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok. I am traught, whelmed and feeling the aster.
    That is a lot for my program to process but, if I understand these new emotions correctly, I am excited. I look forward to trying most of this. The best part about this announcement is the parts that I had no idea what you were talking about. No really, not knowing what to expect even when I know what to expect is rather interesting and exciting.
    I love the concept art and more than that I also love styles. I mean literally the only statue I have in our league hall is most style changes, ah the legacy of the unsung hero.
    Sorry I got a little off topic. What I’m saying is, Looking forward to these Updates, this new episode and the mew styles.

Panderus, tell everyone I said thank you and tell the programmers they are awesome. I love all y’all, but I have an odd feeling the programmers don’t get thanked enough.
    • Like x 2
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]

Here’s to the next decade!
    • Like x 3
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I love every bit of it, especially the allies and new rewards, also btw I hope I can recruit Titanic Trenton as an ally. lol
    • Like x 3
  10. Solarbound Committed Player

This was absolutely awesome to read for how you guys are redirecting the future of this game. It's a great starting plan to execute DCUO's new vision. The new UI looks incredible as well. All we need is that PVP news, then all faith will be restored. But, this is good. Real good.
    • Like x 3
  11. Akaiko Well-Known Player

You have just sold me on resubscribing. Congrats.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

what if I told you that members shouldn't even need to purchase those seals they should be included with membership. We're only getting one episode with content remaining in this whole year. We didn't get a new episode until April of this year. Now no new content till sometime in the fall maybe? So in over a calendar year we're only going to get two episodes with new content? Kudos on some of the new additions they look great but they pale in comparison to these omissions. You guys are literally gave me a reason to never have to pay to play again. Do I need to do a ticket to stop my reoccurring yearly membership?
  13. RahRah Active Player

The shared bank cash transfer is a great idea, as I need to have a way to give my toons cash from any toon without having to trade it to someone to trade back to me lol (They deactivated the feature to send cash by mail a while ago - After the last cash glitch fiasco).
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Give it a rest man. Ive been a member as long as you. And will continue to be. You're not understanding the benefits here or are just being stubborn for whatever your reasons. In being a member and just logging into the game you'll essentially be getting free seals at an exponentially higher rate than non members. You'll get fate currency faster and more of it and can use it for seals instead of having to waste your loyalty points on them.

They made the game more accessible and enjoyable to free players but more rewarding for members and rewarding you for logging in. But carry on i guess
    • Like x 7
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The idea of making all older content relevant is needed. Eso. FF. Etc. All do this. Players will need to adjust and get used to it. Ive been playing FF recently and people like going back and running old stuff to help noobies. Its so much less toxic. Hopefully players here can learn that and the game will be healthier.

Having rewards for all for old content is great. But may i suggest you add a system like FF commendation system. It gives end game players an incentive basically to be nice to newer players. Just a thought.
    • Like x 8
  16. BRainIAK Active Player

My cynical past self says "cap!" This seems too good to be true.

If them updates has that GUI and they follow through with all those updates. I'm all the way back in; and I'm getting the gang back in. We beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen asking for those specific updates. lol. That's easy to up sale if someone wanted to invite friends and family to play the game in full. People want value so keeping the numbers and gifts rolling; they will feel the value when they spend. We love it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Elda Mad as a Hatter

With the mentioned vault, will getting stuff like the omac trinket still be possible? I've done it everyday for years, on multiple toons each day, and have yet to see it.
    all i get are 280cr gear i cant use, and styles i already have ;(
    • Like x 3
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They said there is content to run in the next episode.
    • Like x 1
  19. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Hi everyone! Just want to say sounds great for now. Also it is a lot to take in having played since launch. Although I am very happy with the news. Thus I will get back to you all soon with more to share.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We expect everything in the vault to find a new home.
    • Like x 14