DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There is still no way to earn Seals in game, there is even a spot in the broker for <Seals> and they were once tradable but that feature was removed for the Preservation. It is 99.9% impossible to level an artifact without Seals. I showed it in a video going through 999 catalysts and failed over 100 breakthrough attempts. XP is inconsequential, we have access to nth metal detectors, artifact xp can be traded through the broker, time capsules etc but no way for Seals. We have to spend real life money multiple times in order to stock up on numerous seals of preservation and completion just to complete 1 artifact and we need that x3 and more so x6 if you account for support roles.

Not having any way whatsoever to earn seals in game is a decision that will continually have the playbase use rhetoric about cashgrabs or pay2win aspect of the artifact system. Don't get me wrong I love the artifact system how it enhances gameplay and gives players multiple options on how to approach damage and support and worked with Batuba throughout the process but I cannot try to justify why Seals are not in game.
    • Like x 16
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Artifacts are not up for a total redesign here, but members do get +50% more artifact (and ally) xp drops.
    • Like x 2
  3. DrugstoreCowboy New Player

YES!!! Signed up just to say this all sounds terrific. Well done.
  4. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Indeed its an improvement but lets face it earning / buying artifact exp is always been less stressful than succeeding on breaktroughts. The thing I referring is Seal of Preservations and Completions. With new "unlimited" source marks gains, is there any plans to make Seals purchasable with in-game marks? From John Constantine for example. One seal of completion can be 500 source marks for example.

Or reward 1 seal of completion per month to members.
    • Like x 5
  5. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

unless i would be able to acces to full escrow which right now it is 95 mil right now . i had more but before my membership ended i bought a lot cash buying everything that i could to get a lot of feats and styles., damm i have to wait 2 months to pay the memership i have to spend my money to send to repair my joypad :c
    • Like x 1
  6. Bats. New Player

Love everything here.

Can you tell us more about Batman Day and Wonder Woman’s 80th? What to expect etc?
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Gaining XP at a faster rate is cool and all, but the breakthrough percentages are the worst part of it. Seals are only able to be purchased on the MP, that's the problem that he was hoping would be addressed.
    • Like x 11
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I think I’m in love
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

WHAT IF I TOLD YOU that Seals of Completion will be on the new Fate vendor, for the daily login currency?
    • Like x 52
  10. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

please tell me that i am not dreaming
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

:O :O :O
    • Like x 3
  12. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i have a question they are also fixing the bad traslation in not english versions ?
  13. BumblingB I got better.

So it will be like the stabilizer, having to farm up enough to get one?

This is a positive change, but I hope they aren't priced where you have to save up more than a week to get one as legendary perk. (Longer for premium and free.)

Please confirm that Completion will be on there, as seals of preservation is just as problematic at higher breakthroughs.
  14. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Ok now I'm listening.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This post doesn't have enough likes :)
    • Like x 2
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I would say you should have shown that vendor for all the brownie points :p
    • Like x 11
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    WOW! :) *cough cough* I mean.... nice first offer. You've got my attention.
    • Like x 1
  18. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i asked because english isn't my native language . i speak english but i am tired to change the game language just for certains bad traslation.i am not complaining . i am just asking
    • Like x 2
  19. Starblast Well-Known Player

and how many days will we have to login to buy them? there are several articifacts/augments.....these are the perks we REALLY need to know. and BTW...best wishes to the people who need stuff in alerts like Demon's Plan stat clamped.
    • Like x 4
  20. Learnmoretalkless New Player

Many players are having concerns about the clamping.Traditionally as you know we all have acquired a CR lvl went to a low tier que like Hive moon base to rush through and possibly help other players.

Our concern is since we’ve made all the way up to End game would it be fair for us to be clamped would be on par with the holiday events where we can almost certainly die?

I’m in the shout chat right now players are stating that they would feel that their dmg output should be accustomed to tiers.Such as a percentage reduction for each tier and the higher the difficulty the more closer to our true dmg output would be.Thank you

Oh and if free to play players were given the access to have unlimited money it would change the entire game for the better not for worse.
    • Like x 3