DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. sebfm Well-Known Player

I'm excited and curious how all of this will work. I like the way DCUO is going right now. Wish to see it coming.

Best wishes and support to DCUO team. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Captain Catalunya Level 30

What happen with the vault tickets? Obsolete item or any new purpose? Any idea?
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Off Topic: is there any further progress made to crossplay on Xbox and Switch?

Just curious.
  4. abdul qayyum New Player

Hi, if that's the case, could you make all the open world loot locks last for one day?
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Dene Prince: "your first line is absolutely correct - for all of us. No matter what our thoughts or opinions are in this.

People are inserting mistruth and speculation to suit their fear and then running with it as fact, instead of of actually reading and comprehending - we *don't* know how this wil pan out

people are reading "stat clamp" and freaking out without any actual basis for freaking out"

Hiiii just wanted to point out my basis for freaking out is the 2017 Stats Revamp. I was there when it happened and most of us know how that turned out. So my concerns are not baseless - just saying. But it is what it is, let's hope for the best.
    • Like x 2
  6. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I was also there in 2017. They changed my stats, hence the name, stats revamp. They did not clamp us.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dene Devoted Player

Mepps stated they'd become "pinatas" and will give similiar stuff to what's in vault
  8. Dene Devoted Player

my concern is the mistruths become fact and then ppl run with that as fact and twist it all

From what i've read they know there will be tweaking to do.. we need to work with the Devs to point these out *if* and *when* things seem off

i think basing it on 2017 is understandable to a small extent (we have no other point of reference) but i just think it is two seperate things and will not affect everything as much as stat revamp did

I just don't think it will affect things as much as people think.. your league will still run as normal and every now and then you'll do an old raid to get source marks and that's it - it's not the end of the world

when was the last time your league ran really old raids ? And when you did why did you ?
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Bad news buddy, the stat clamp exists their already xD
    • Like x 3
  10. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Any planned upgrades to character slot limit? specifically the cap on buying the slots
    • Like x 2
  11. Eve YouTuber

This^^^ Idk how many threads I made about it in the past but I really need more slots, Membership or not :(
    • Like x 3
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Magnificent Loyal Player

You've heard our concerns and aren't summarily dismissing them.

You've acknowledged that:
    • prior clamping wasn't done well enough,
    • that you realize players want to be able to trivialize old content,
    • that you are working to find that balance
    • and that doing an unclamped option at some nebulous point in the future is not completely off the table (not saying it will happen but just that it's not been tossed into the garbage can and thrown out).
    Considering this is being done to help push players into old content as a means of driving things to do (and it makes sense because there's a LOT of old content people rarely touch and I would wager content many new players using the CR buff have never even seen), I'm good with this.
    Now about fixing PVP...;)
    • Like x 5
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I really wish Daybreak had done a better job communicating to us bread-and-butter customers who are at end-game and buy membership / marketplace cash:

A) detail how the stat clamp will benefit not only just new / returning customers, because it really really does, but it benefits you too, our bread-and-butter customers who spend real money everyday on the game and support the Company financially.
    B) acknowledge the fact that stat clamped high CR end game customers are sacrificing for the greater good of this game. It is the least that can be done, just acknowledge us, sympathize with our sacrifice a little.

A daily roulette of the older content is a wonderful wonderful thing. We are going to relive older content with new people. They will get to experience the same trials we did and feel the same sense of victory we did when they conquer those missions. This is the goal of the project as I see as well as to bring in new players for future game growth. As a result we all will have new and fun adventures together. This is the goal as I see it.

High CR end game players are sacrificing for the sake of this game we all love otherwise we wouldn't be playing it. SO STOP DUMPING ON US for being more than a little bit upset about it.

Respect our sacrifice.

P.S. this has nothing to do with "one shot" anything
    • Like x 1
  15. Learnmoretalkless New Player

All we need since there will be quick play option implemented.

1.Add a feature for stat clamped queue which will pair new players with vets who choose that option

2.Add a feature for running the queue normal which allows vets who want to feat farm not having to deal with new players not knowing the game

3.Add a private queue for easier feat farming instead of having to find a group.

As far as I see there wasn’t a vote or poll that players have made to implement this feature.

As of right now it’s literally and I mean literally it’s forcing players to be stat clamped again who asked for this please inform me and show statistics.
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The literally goes against the whole point of the feature. Its not about who wanted it or didn't want it. Its about the health and future of the game. There is a reason why all successful MMOs have this or a similar feature.
    • Like x 1
  17. Learnmoretalkless New Player

you can’t compare dcuo to any other MMO unless they literally share the exact same game mechanics/progression/community/developers etc I can go on and on

It’s your opinion as well as I have my own opinion you’re speaking as if it’s a fact that forcing again FORCING stat clamping will be a successful feature.

Take into account all players have to do is make Pre made groups for feats/source mark farming/

This isn’t 2014 there are Artifacts in the game players are farming for catalysts which are highly sought after.

Look at it from this perspective if players are barely queuing for old content now what makes you think they would just to help new players rather than farming to max out their arts.

All I did was make a suggestion for the health and future of this game.
    • Like x 1
  18. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Will the NEW HQ have restrooms, cafeteria, dorms, and showers?
    • Like x 3
  19. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Here's a thought, how about when the new HQ is made add a teleporter that lets you select any old content and walk in with any sized group unclamped giving us the option to run as a smaller group or solo it if we choose.
    • Like x 4
  20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

it looks like the boat has well & truly sailed on that one, mate, at least for the foreseeable future. I've been wanting adjustable queue sizes / solo entry for old content for yarons, a lot of us on here have, but I can't see it happening now. it would run completely counter to what they're trying to do with this update. I know it sucks, but who knows? maybe this will work. maybe the queues will be popping left right & centre & stat clamping won't suck. you never know.
    • Like x 1