DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s not though, really when you consider that one needs source marks for the base mainframe, among other things. Don’t get me wrong, I think the overall concept is a really good idea, I’m just kind of worried for myself.
    • Like x 1
  2. glamazom Level 30

This is great news! Thank you!!!
    • Like x 1
  3. Zezimar Committed Player

Reading and re-reading the whole thing hoping to find something about PvP getting fixed.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I call dibbs on Emerald Empress as my ally. Please Devs make Hall of Legends PVP phase only. I have zero interest in being social with heroes besides killing them.
    • Like x 1
  5. rjam7753 New Player

I am more than kind of worried. Specifically about making the non-end game content irrelevant to CR. The last time they tried making non-end game content more "fun" was at revamp. No one liked playing raids from several years back that were as difficult as elite level endgame content. Please remember this.
    • Like x 5
  6. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

So happy about the unlimited cash that will be granted to premium players. And let's be honest: full access to the episodes and unlimited cash are the real deal, the truly important things. All the other stuff; bonuses, extra slots etc are just a side dish. Players who just play a couple of hours (or less) a day don't need it. Less happy, though, about the fact that we're not gonna get a Superman Day for the millionth time. I'm aware that you guys at DC have some kind of law issues with Superman's creators' heirs, but I mean, it's Superman we're talking about, he deserves much more than this.
    • Like x 2
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Finally, it's moving, ultra hype for once ! :)

I see some additions claimed a little while ago by the community on the forum, it's good to see, continue like this and you could go up in my esteem and most certainly others as pessimistic as me ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. DarkWalkerBat Level 30

I actually read the whole thing, first time ever.

Please tell me that with the Batman Day celebration we'll get a proper Batcave lair theme with the monster extra-sized room. PLEASE!!
    • Like x 3
  9. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Disappointed isn't a strong enough adjective to describe how I felt after I read this because there was no mention whatsoever of improvement to the leveling of artifacts for members. If you earn the stuff to level up an artifact you should not have to worry about a breakthrough if you're a paying member. Not improving that has really disappointed me. Just proves artifacts are a cash cow. Really no improvement to the membership benefits. You had a great opportunity here to do something special for members and you dropped the ball. I paid for 9 year long memberships this seriously makes me question paying for a 10th.
    • Like x 2
  10. Flemix Level 30

So this is how it feels to be blown away.
  11. farfarmans New Player

One thing that might ruin the game for many will depend on how harsh the stat-clamp on non end game content is. I feel like the end game gear we worked on will be useless if it gets clamped too hard to match that relevant episode. I for one do not like being stat limited after putting in a ton of time building my toon only for it to be negated completely. I want to feel that my progression has paid off and be powerful as a real superhero / villian would be, running lower tier content.

Even if the on duty has been revamped, it still needs players to actively queue. If others feel the same as me then we won't really queue at all if we know that the raid is going to be hard for a some what irrelevant currency.
    • Like x 7
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm...

Can the "clamping" system be elaborated on? By how much will we be clamped going into older content? Will it be max CR for that tier or entry? Because going to older content can result in pain for a lot of players if they can't outgear it anymore? I'm also assuming there will be a non clamped option? If not, please consider this, because feats can still be problematic even years later and gear really helps over all.

I'm actually OK with the changes to legendary subscription. The login reward may have me log in regularly now, to at least claim it. Right now, life makes it hard to just sit in front of the computer, let alone open a game to play. I'm assuming that you will remove vaults and that silly stabilizer duo?

Can you elaborate where the lock boxes will be distributed to?

Can you group in the shared factionless area for queues? This would be amazing if so.
    • Like x 9
  13. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

14. Aren Sul Committed Player

Wow. That's a lot to digest and I'm going to have to read it again. I'm stunned, impressed and so looking forward to this. And, tbh, the most encouraging thing in that long list of changes, is that you're increasing staff.
    • Like x 2
  15. Aren Sul Committed Player

My guess: The content of the boxes will be distributed into the daily rewards.
  16. Panderus Senior Producer

Artifact progression is indeed improved with this updates for Non-Members and even more so for Members. Note these changes in the update:

• Additional 3x bonus daily login rewards (at least $60 in value when you log in at least 20 days per cycle).
      • For daily login rewards, this means an extra three times the standard daily login rewards ($60 value) PLUS the standard daily login rewards everyone gets ($20 value), for a total of $80.
    • +50% bonus to timed drops of Artifact XP and Ally XP.
    • Like x 13
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I not happy with the idea of nerfing or clamping players if it's not optional. It's not great when you work hard to get strong enough to solo things only to have all that ripped away. It wasnt popular during revamp and it won't be now. Make it optional, not a forced choice. Alot of leaguemates are already upset at that piece of news.
    • Like x 7
  18. Aren Sul Committed Player

Quite possibly my favorite response of all time.
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I think he's talking about how Seals are working. There is no mention of if seals and breakthrough percentages would be changed. A 1% breakthrough chance that requires you to have a seal of completion that can only be acquired for several dollars through the marketplace is what he's talking about.

Same can be said about the augment breakthroughs, why are there breakthrough percentages at all?
    • Like x 8
  20. Kurama Active Player

I really like what they will do, it is very interesting and goes back to the beginning of the game. I look forward to all the new content, and all of your and our expectations are met. Thank you very much for so much!