DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Learnmoretalkless New Player

The numbers would show if the devs added a poll/vote system.

I don’t know if you haven’t noticed but there’s a lot of new comers asking players for help or to at least que for a low tier que not to learn but to rush through them.

As far as learning the game it’s not rocket science as well as there isn’t always a Tank/healer/troll/dps every instance the only thing that is taught is how to beat a boss if the boss has any mechanics to learn.Specifically when you que up it literally tells you what the roles are intended for.Please don’t try and make it seem as if new fresh players are missing out on anything especially learning the game.The last thing a new player should have to worry about is learning how to play their role.When there’s artifacts,elite raids,aguments,catalysts,feats,rekown,upgradable armour pieces.If I’m mistaken which queue teaches new players about this?None except for the Artifact mission. if I’m not mistaken players still have to go by the games mechanics to beat a boss no matter how much dps they are doing.

Ever since dcuo started there’s always been people who didn’t understand or know their roles that’s them and it’s not rocket science.DCUO offered a 255 CR skip then added a 290CR Skip literally bypassing mainly aspects of the game...Then on top of that you’re instantly granted almost 90 skill points.Have those players who used the CR skip learned anything about the game?Did they miss out on anything yes the memories but as far as learning the game I doubt it.I think the devs knew they weren’t missing out on anything.

With the game in its current state it would take a new player more than a couple of years to get up to 342 without using cash,without any help.Thats even if there’s other players queuing up for what they are queuing up for.

Players learn from other players that’s how this game works.Theres the LFG Chat,Trade chat/versus chat,etc

YouTube shows builds for many powers as well as play styles and a range of other useful information all brought to you by the players of DCUO.

Then again you can always take off pieces of gear to a point where you are low Cr and can help them out that way if they want to experience an instance.

1 ruinous beastial band lvl 295 nets to a lvl 13 CR I don’t see what’s the issue.If those players want to experience a longer instance then allow them to que with players around their CR don’t punish the veterans who’ve been playing this game for a decade.In reality there isn’t a issue because again the developers allowed 255 Free Cr skip as well as a 290 CR skip.

I’m glad the seasonal event was brought up get aquaman down to half health press 3 consoles and repeat,there was a lot of mechanics to be learned during that fight.../
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

They're not taking away CR. Where did you get that idea from?

CR-RELEVANCY is being done away with. Not CR. You still need CR to progress.
    • Like x 3
  3. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Elite vault confirmed. Jokerbots 1 shot unless you block.
    • Like x 6
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, there’s a reason I’m less opposed to this than one might think given my history. I’ve also seen the game totally lose its marbles because something died way, way too quickly. Metal 2 wasn’t even that long ago, so the fact that Hawkman dies that fast already has troubling implications.

My only concern is that certain content that’s incredibly difficult will become impossible permanently for a lot of people because we can’t out-level it enough. But that’s where the need to properly tune the clamping comes in.
    • Like x 6
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

paradox is going to be fun again ^^
    when thinking on LPVE paradox,
    it was a blast when clamped right...
    so: bring it on test and we´ll see :)
  6. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I am having trouble understanding the no combat rating revelancy. Does this mean when we visit older material we will be at that level or not? Even if we are at end game cr
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You're missing the point and yes also making some decent ones but here's the thing: for every 1 player asking for a carry thru old content there may be 3 that don't want the carry but they'll be forced into it because the carrier and the 1 player that wants the carry are in the same instance due to a 5yr old raid que finally popping. Neither group will want to leave so only, at best, half the group is enjoying themselves. The players that want the carry can still build an op group and the players that want to play can now just que and go. Not everyone wants lfg. I will always randomly que stuff, even new content, out of boredom. Or just looking to get marks and not caring if it takes 5 mins or 15. I'm playing a game, it's the players choice to rush or not.

Summer event mechanics, yup pretty easy. Yet I'll stand there after hitting a cog and watch 3 others still trying to hit the boss or turning the turrets instead. This is what I mean by we teach them nothing doing everything for them. Countless times, I've solo'd ZooE or USE and while doing it, trying to teach mechanics and asking if they'd like me to finish so they can get rewards or wipe so they can learn. Most will ask for the wipe. They will learn that mics and teamwork are important.

PCE and CTE stat clamped will continue to wreck groups but they already do. That means everyone needs to get better and that's a good thing. And again, we can all que regular and just still breeze thru it and it should feel like doing regular DM feels today. Not hard right?

They aren't stat clamping 342s to be the same strength as say a 150. They'd be stat clamping a base level 325 to be as strong as a 150 meaning mediocre artis, lowish sp, some lower augment number, yada yada. We're all acting like we're getting neutered into lvl 30
    • Like x 1
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

So if i understand well, our iconic "pets" get abilities? But we don't?
    So powersets stay the same, and we don't get new iconic abilities to play with?
    Powersets could use a facelift/additions and iconic abilities should be expanded.
  9. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oh I'm planning on smashing thru pce and cte feats in the next few weeks lol. Running elites for feats while clamped will be tough but as of now, we can all accomplish 90% of them at level so while they will be harder, they'll actually put the skill back in skill points
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

i allways wanted to play old stuff stat clamped. finally i get it.
    and no: just taking off gear doesn´t do the trick. it never did.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, that’s feats. As long as people can still finish the old elite content for the styles, rare drops and pet upgrades (I’m starting to worry about my T3 Seahorse ngl) I think that’s fine, personally.
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

1 of the main reasons i sub is the no cash cap, the other stuff is a nice bonus but i mainly have always subbed over the years because of the cash cap and having all the content but now with prem getting no cash cap and all content free i see little reason to keep subbing. On another note i am very disappointed to see stat clamping on al older content coming. 1 of the perks of getting high cr is being able to go back to stuff that was hard at the time and get the feats you missed out on or just go stomp something old for fun and now thats being taken away. I have no plans to quit or anything and my sub is still good till October but when it comes time to renew for another year or not i may just cancel and go premium but its too early to tell yet.

Just my 2 cents
    • Like x 1
  14. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Surprised to hear this. Glad to see CR go. Glad to see the money cap raised, but I feel like this is such a small raise as to be nearly insignificant, given the game's economy. Still feels like membership is required to play when the cap is still so low.

There are two barriers to why I've left and not come back: CR has been a big one. The other one is the money cap - not because I am unwilling to pay a membership (I was a member before I left), but because I'm unwilling to pay for a membership while I test-play the game to see if I *want* to come back - and, last I checked, the cap just left the game feeling too constricted to be worth the effort. Now, I know this is not about me and all of that sounds incredibly egocentric, but I believe where one person feels a certain way others do, too. If this is a move to draw returning players, it's a good one - but it is also insufficient.

Remove CR.
    Remove the money cap (even if only for a limited time).
    And if you REALLY want to build some excitement, new power-sets and movements would certainly do the trick (but I won't hold my breath).

Good luck with your game. Dimensional Ink sounds like a much better company than Daybreak was.
  15. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

NOT END GAME CONTENT should have an interactive post right before you enter his room with HINTS on the BOSS MECHANICS.. This interactive tool tip outside the bosses room should help all the NOOBS.. And please ENCOURAGE newer players to USE LFG... DCUO does a BAD JOB in converting low tier players seeking to LFG...

The game needs to promote the USE of LFG ALOT MORE for newer players who have NO IDEA what LFG even means... Too much hidden knowledge in this game and DCUO doesn't do a good job translating and exposing all of its OPTIONS within the game to new players.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    what about forming groups as hero with villains or as villain forming groups with heroes?
    can´t even talk to eachother, no shared lfg, how should we ineract with eachother then?

SUGGESTION:
    let us have some form of interactivity in the new shared hall at least, with some of above.
  17. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

If you are at least premium there is no cap. If you've literally never spent money on the game....well I don't know what you expect really, one £5 purchase on anything and you have unlimited access to cash, more than generous imo.
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Question just to clarify the 2nd line there. So If I run FOS3 on Monday, I get 10 source (or whatever the reward is going forward), then I run it again Tuesday I get 10 source...or do I need to wait for some 'reset' like we do today?

If that answer is no...you don't have to wait for a reset, once the clamps are in and people figure out what runs are easiest/fastest (likely the 1 room fights like HH, FOS3, Dox), what makes you think anyone will queue up for anything but those runs repeatedly? Runs like Khandaq, FOS2, Bombshell and eventually FGS will likely turn into wastelands as they can be very long and will undoubtedly be harder once clamping is in.

Not sure if you've met most of your player base, but in general 'easy' and 'fast' are staples when looking for loot drops.

"Easy and Fast" is the name of my Hole cover band BTW.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You actually can't. If you need source (and we all do for artis, rent...tons of FP catalysts), you will not be able to get them just running current content. Some people do not want to run the older content...especially if it's going to be time consuming.

Not sure why source were removed from the current DLCs? Leave them there for those who don't want to run old stuff. Let them run the older stuff by choice.
    • Like x 5
  20. Panderus Senior Producer

Yes, there are no more locks for older episode content, keep playing them over in succession. When this change goes in I'm sure there will be a run on the bank of high end players doing this, but that's not most players, thats the informed high end crowd of the game. Most players will be playing the new content and the Quick Play content.

Once the older content has been properly ransacked and the MP normalized form those items, players wont farm them all day anymore.
    • Like x 6
  21. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Makes for easy content for me then :p "Most Efficient Source Mark Farming 2021"
    • Like x 1