Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I literally can't think of a reason that members would feel satisfied for having purchased a year-long membership this year. Pretty sad the way this was handled towards the people who have financially supported the game during its roughest times.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

[IMG]

You just might be my new favorite Dev! :D
    • Like x 3
  3. Sammy Well-Known Player

It seems like there is no difference between premium and membership. if both have full access to the game, what's the point of buying membership? bonus rewards? I'm not complaining trying to understand the difference.

Is there a difference between how premium and membership they play? not what they recieve, but how they actually play? will Full members do more damage? take less damage?

I don't understand what the difference is if they both access the same thing.
    • Like x 2
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They stated that membership is something that they want people to feel they want to get and not something players HAVE to get. Members don’t play any different. They never have except for escrow. Membership never made players do more damage or take less damage. That feature would be a direct pay to win and a lot of people would complain about that
    • Like x 4
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I think this or something similiar will occur - will be great incentive for end gamers to branch out
  6. Dene Devoted Player

It is current maximum PLUS the increases - so ppl like you and I that are at maximum will now still be at maximum but it is higher

That's how I understood it
    • Like x 3
  7. Dene Devoted Player

Sorry guys.. this may have been answered.. I'm assuming that lifetime membership is not affected ? As in lifetime members are still classified as subscribers ?
  8. LordSuperman New Player

What will happen to the Unlimited Escrow access item that I purchased and still in my inventory? Since the Premium member cash cap will be removed? Will we be reimbursed with Daybreak cash or will we just simply lose the item?
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yes, lifetime members will be treated the same as normal subscribers. Mepps confirmed that in a different thread a few weeks ago.
    • Like x 4
  10. Dene Devoted Player

Thanks Jafin.. overload of info lol
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I know, I saw it last night before I went to bed and I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything this morning. :p
    • Like x 2
  12. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

RE: Unlimited cash for premiums. I had an idea prior to this announcement about revamping premium and member perks and I gotta say I never expected you guys to be so generous. Many (even me a little bit) are perhaps wondering if you're being too generous. So with that said I thought I'd share my less generous suggestion in the unlikely event that you find something useful from it.

1 - Premium broker purchase cap. The idea behind this was simple, keep some items somewhat member exclusive by having a cap on how much premiums can purchase things for on the broker. Doesn't have to be punitive and could be set depending on server to best suit each economy.

2 - Premium broker listing cap. The idea behind this was to slow (but not stop) the rate at which premiums can make money, make inventory management still a thing one may have to do if you farm heavily, but not something overly frustrating.

3 - Add a 'broker token' to allow players to circumvent all that for a fee. Hopefully good for the devs as it's a bit more money.

The general point of all this was to give the membership farmer more value for money that the premium farmer whilst still giving premium access to their cash (remember this idea was prior to the announcement). I had considered also capping the total that items could be sold for, but not only would that hurt the premium player, that would also hurt members after rare items. At least with the purchase cap and listing cap, largely the only one being effected is the premium user and hopefully they will be encourged to sub or at least purcase broker tokens.

It's unlikely you'll roll back on something you've literally just announced and these suggestions are not born out of any dissatisfaction with the current announcements. I just think you guys have been more than generous, and even if you were a little less generous it would still be a massive, massive improvement for premiums and free players compared with the current model, as well as returning some more value to memberships.
  13. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I hope Character slots are included!
    • Like x 1
  14. MensSana Active Player

i don't really like the idea of getting membership benefits via daily login bonus and the reason is very simple:

a player who connects every day pays the same amount as one who plays only one day a month, why whoever plays less should be punished? is his money worth less?

all subscribers should be guaranteed exactly the same bonuses.
    • Like x 2
  15. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

It's great you are coming up with new ideas for members but lets face it, limiting premiums to a fixed in-game escrow was a pretty flawed attempt of making members mandatory, what members need is a better perk that should not involve escrow at all, like Mepps have said members should not feel needed when playing the game.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Mepps just said you don't have to log in consecutively to get the dailies it will be granted in order as you log in.
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Iconic powers from PvE legends also.:oops:
  18. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Nothing I said would keep escrow though, it's about giving members a leg up on the economy as a bonus for subbing whilst still allowing premiums access to ALL the cash they earn.

I would also remove the cap on Free players too so they significantly increase the repair costs as a money sink. 50k is probably still not enough of a cash sink.
    • Like x 1
  19. MensSana Active Player

you still have to log in at least 20 days for each cycle... if you play 10 days, you don't get every bonus...
    • Like x 4
  20. Proxystar #Perception

LOL Pandora's box has already been opened, I don't dislike your idea, just the rage if they were dial back now would simply be untenable, there's no going back now for better or worse at this point ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.