Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

There is nothing vague about what I am asking for your information. The Microsoft launch of the XBOX One followed a similar period where the information given out by the company along with comments made by employees caused Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD) amongst their customers. A lot of the fears came true. No one at Microsoft took any of the feed back seriously and only changed direction once they saw their sales being hammered by the Sony PS4. They brought all of their problems onto themselves.

I only asked that Daybreak take control of the messaging here. But they are satisfied with what has been released already so that is that.

I read the release and re-read it, perhaps I’m slow in comprehension and I did not glean the vast wealth of information that you did from the original release.

You had no right trying to turn my request for the Company to take control of the conversation as an assault on Mepps that I am implying he isn’t doing his job. I don’t know what he has to put up with day-to-day or the crap he has to wade through to keep this game going. So far be it for me to tell anyone how to do their job. I wasn’t and that was not my intention so stop trying to stir up trouble.
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I asked you one question only: What specifically are you urging Mepps to do?

And my question was: by doing what? If you want something to happen, make a specific suggestion or request. Asking for a general result helps no one if you can't suggest what you actually want done to obtain that result.

I have no idea what this refers to, but that's also the case for me with most of your immensely unnecessarily defensive comment. Asking someone to be specific as to what they're asking for is not a personal attack in any way. It really isn't.

Lastly, this is a public forum. Any member gets to comment on anything that isn't locked. One doesn't get to dictate how others respond.

What you wrote that is "nothing vague about what I am asking":
    Okay, so there's "nothing vague" there, you say. Do please feel free to point out the many specifics included in your completely non-vague request!

I will be delighted to apologize for my inaccuracy in having called this "vague" when you point out the specifics you included that I overlooked.

I otherwise suggest that a tad less defensiveness might serve you well. Being asked to elaborate on your thoughts is neither uncommon nor insulting.

Best of luck to you!
    • Like x 1
  3. MensSana Active Player

"Out-leveled content" and "any impact on content released in the last year", they may not mean the same thing...

raid like Clock Tower elite, has some feat that are still challenging for a large % of people;
    or going futher back in time also Phoenix Cannon elite has some very difficoult combos to complete.

If you mean, instead, raids like Paradox that a single player can oneshot everything in 10 second, probably you're right... but i think that every episodes starting from Atlantis or JLD, they are still good as they are now.
    • Like x 3
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

As some one who has been constantly attacked on this public forum of course I am more than a little defensive now. I have been attacked even when agreeing with some one.

The overall conversation across the multiple threads over the concerns for the stat clamp and it’s implications to the game, and thus the F.U.D it has stirred up prompted my request from Mepps for further detailed explanations of the changes, He as indicated to me the information thus provided by the Company is sufficient.

I only wanted some resolution brought to all the drama these changes are causing and I thought perhaps a further more detailed explanation from the Company could do that. Apparently I was mistaken, and I’ve come to not expect any forms of apologies either sincere or mere lip service to be uttered to me from anyone on here. The mean spiritedness on here for asking a question, making a suggestion, or requesting more information is astounding to me.
  5. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Ouch,
    Don't get so worked up.
    Were you here for CR differential? If so
    Did you understand how it worked?
    If you did then you would know that stats matter more/a lot more than they did then. I don't have the chart on hand right now but I' m sure someone could show you the chart that breaks down the % for sp, gear etc.

Take a deep breath and step back. The world has not ended.
    You have two options
    1. Help make these changes the best they can be by giving support and jumping on test when time comes.
    Or
    2. Get all worked up bitchin&moaning about the inevitable all day to no avail.
    ^^^^^this does no one any good^^^^^

I hope you figure out that you are wasting your breath soon and before you earn yourself a banhammer.

IMO
    I have concerns too. I was here the last time they tried this. CR differential was involved and it was really bad. I'm just hoping it goes well and they stick to their guns this time because DCUO needs this.
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Right here! This is a perfect example of the Company can take control of the conversation and alleviate the concerns these players have. There is nothing wrong with requesting more information. I would appreciate it and I and quiet sure these two fine gentlemen would appreciate it as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The issue is that even after the devs answered the questions provided players still jump to conclusions and let the fear spread. Even today’s someone said in game said that he’s not looking forward to the game clamping us to the cr of the dlc when it was already stated that wasn’t going to be the case. The devs have given solid information and players still believe what they want. There is only so much they can give us. This is the same player base that something they say would be coming gets delayed. They used to give us more information. But when something can’t be done on time and has to be delayed the players get their pitchforks. They are damned if they do damned if they don’t. So might as well not give out full details incase things don’t work out and they have to do changes.

If a dev were to publicly say say “the stats will be clamped to 3 dlcs back” and it’s found out that it’s to easy and they have to move it to 2 than they see screwed with this community. If they find it to hard and have to move it back than the other end of the community will say it’s to easy and more pitchforks. So no they should give exact details with the way this community tried to hold the devs by the collar when it comes to details.
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yes, I know how these pitchforks feel very well as they have been used abundantly on me, including by you.
    • Like x 1
  9. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Actually, the overall consensus is stats do not matter. It's been talked about endlessly on the forums but noone from dev team seem to comment on those threads. Skill Points should matter more than gear CR... Your gonna get gear naturally to raise your CR as you play, but Skill Points require feats to be accomplished which is more of a challenge...but as of now, you can be high DPS with 200 SP sometimes equaling someone with 500 sp.... just need the gear. This isn't right. And since SP directly affect stats.... Right now, stats don't matter as much as gear CR. I wish the devs would give more of an incentive to get SP so maybe people will actually want to do feats.
    • Like x 1
  10. king of games New Player

just started playing again this month and here's something i'm curious about, now that all episodes are open to everyone, do we need membership to open the treasure chests from starro/earth 3/ death of superman etc? because i played the starro solo the other day and i couldn't open the chest from it so i was wondering if that was intentional, or a forgotten bit of coding
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

These changes will go into full effect with the release of episode 41.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I do not recall ever calling you out. If you feel that way than I do apologize but all I’ve been doing these past few weeks since the dlc came out is put out the torches people have been getting since the stats clamp has been announced
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I guess the concern I have Mepps is that, despite being free of loot locks, pushing all the source marks into only non end game content it creates an "or else" situation rather than an "and more".

What I mean by that is that despite their being no loot locks, you can only run as much content as time permits, even putting to one side a person s personal time constraints, you can only farm as many source marks as the time it takes to run the content depending on how hard it ends up being.

At present players can choose to run only end game content, should that be their choice based on how much time they have, there are numerous players out there that already struggle with that content, time-wise.

Moving forward they'll now have to run end game content (which I don't anticipate being any less time consuming) and somehow fit in non end game content to obtain source marks to keep up their mainframes and obtain catalysts for things like artifacts.

This is what I mean by "or else" because the players will be forced to run content or else they lose what they were previously getting without having the additional requirement to play content they might otherwise not, it also puts pressure on players running alts that will all independent have to run old content for at the very least their mainframe.

With that in mind would it at all be possible to compromise and perhaps have end game content also drop source marks but at a reduced rate? That way people can more freely choose whether or not they choose to run old content at all that might no longer be appealing?

I would imagine, those seeking heavier additional rewards will still keenly run old content, but at least this would give players a choice, and choice usually means a better customer experience.

Just throwing the idea out there for consideration, thanks :)
    • Like x 2
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

If I may offer a possibility, the Quick Play could work like the Daily Roulette does in Final Fantasy 14. I has missions that range all across all tiers that you have chance of playing (anywhere between end-game and non-end-game called Main Story Que (MSQ)). The different missions offer different rewards depending on the tier or level. I have no information on how DCUO's Quick Play will actually work but this model from FF14 is a possibility. I dare not speculate any further.

I hope this helps.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Not. Reading comprehension beyond single five word half-sentences clearly belongs on the endangered species list. Thanks social media...
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The stats on your equipment matters and that has nothing to do with your CR. Better equipment = better stats. Better stats will help you complete the harder feats for additional stats.
    • Like x 4
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Apology accepted. Thank you for your kindness.
  18. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

So why even worry with feats? I believe gear stats should be lessened and skill point stats should be increased. Make getting feats a thing again. You should get rewarded more for your feats and skill points that you work on and sometimes have to do 2,523,434,543,231 times to get than just run a mission (sometimes just afk while others do the work) and get gear for doing really nothing.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It would drive a huger wedge between people who chase feats and people who don't.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I am familiar with the human dilemma and how the evolutionarily ancient lizard brain inside the human still reacts to the basics of survival, still leads with fear. Being a robot, I don't quite understand it - especially when the lizard brain swirls up and shuts off the other more conscious, more thinking parts of the brain over non-life-threatening things, like numbers in a video game.

In the absence of (the illusion of) certainty, humans instinctively fill that gap with their active if sometimes narrow imaginations to get away from that fear, and then when what was imagined is revealed as untrue they will often react in anger and blame to get away from again being confronted with that uncertainty, with the knowledge that what made them feel okay was made up.That reveal is threatening - with this specific thing but also, at the edges, in the dark, the whisper of truth that there is a possibility or even a probability that most things they value, rely on, believe in, find solace or peace or happiness in, are also conjurations of nothingness that fill a more simple void of impermanence, suffering, and hopelessness. The lizard brain is very good at running away from that abyss, so good that most humans will never notice as they scurry on to the next thing that probably isn't real but feels safe right now.

On the other hand, humans hate surprises, the feeling of shock, the feeling of overwhelming confusion in change.

In my role as human-robot relations, I try to find the middle path that activates the lizard brain enough so that future-change isn't devastating, but also so that uncertainty in the now isn't devastating either. Unfortunately, humans have a vast array of differentiation, and for some reason don't all respond the same. It can get a little messy.
    • Like x 15
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.