Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree with y’all.
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

To a certain point sounds terrible in any form it takes
    • Like x 4
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Fragments are a special account-bound currency, and they will still work the same. At least right now, everything else is account bound in that you can put it in the shared bank to send it to whichever of your characters. (This is on top of just being able to claim each piece individually on whatever character.) The only outlier is source marks right now.
    • Like x 4
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

On a similar note, will we ever get a way to convert excess Marks of Legend? I've been not getting them for something like six years now because I hit the 250 mark limit and had bought all the Legends at least that long ago. It's always been a point of irritation that there's never been a way to convert those Marks to something useful, or give them something new to spend them on, in any way at all.

Getting Marks of Victory fixed would also be great. The way this stuff has sat, unchanged for many years, lends the impression that with staff turnover, parts of the game just literally become forgotten by devs. It's bad for player morale to let stuff like that sit for even six months, let alone six or eight years.
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I guess the comment was more against the F2P players who have spent nothing. You are showing them the same daily appreciation is my point and appreciation for....spending nothing? This was not always the case, premiums got a bit more vault and stabilizers...what is now going into the daily grant. I would have figured that would continue...it is not...so be it. Maybe that's sour grapes....I'll concede that. And the unlimited cash is attractive to a point. Many people do not play the broker game, and if you don't 50K is plenty to fix things and keep the lights on.

And no, at this point most of those premiums I had spent money on would not be spending a monthly amount as they already bought all the things they needed (eps, armories, teleporters, lair/utility, inventory/bank, etc... much of it at the last BF/Xmas Sale) save seals and replays, and I'll wait and see how that pans out after the changes.

I'll say no more on the subject, thanks for the discussion. One thing no one can say is that it won't be interesting to see what happens...one way or the other.
    • Like x 1
  6. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I just don't understand why MEMBERSHIP promoting LONGER gametime is necessarily a BAD THING??? How is that even bad?

Once again the VALUE is PLACED UPON the customer.. Membership if it's indeed being revamped, then i'm suggesting the BUSINESS model should be geared towards that.. Once again, these In game price points are NOT alt friendly.. The issue is LONGER PLAY TIME.. SOO much grind on 1 main reduce ALT gameplay which reduce less money for DCUO.. It's really a simple principle.. I'm not complaining or arguing. Im merely putting my two cents in, since the VALUE is based upon what the CUSTOMER see value in your game for a high rate return.

My criticism is basic difference with your BUSINESS MODEL approach regarding the new legendary as a whole.. I thought that was the REVAMP..
    • Like x 1
  7. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

WOW you're the perfect consumer. lol Youre acting like I'm being entitled thats funny.. Im merely proposing my proposition to the membership that i am paying for monthly.. The devs asked for MY opinion and im puttin MY PROPOSITIONS out there for them to let me know if its doable.. You have no idea what youre even saying. Youre actually hurting your own customer rights siding with corporation.. Customers determine the value of anything..

Secondly, i definitely understand the cash value of what MEPPS is proposing, thats really not my issue.. He is overvaluing the items as if these itemized values dont actually fluctuate throughout the year. The people buy it which in the end determines the value based on x price.. If it doesnt sell then price is then changed, usually LOWERED(sales), in hopes that people will buy.. Once again, simple business 101 proves that customers determine the value.. But go right ahead and throw away any opportunity to drastically improve the membership..
  8. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Once again im not asking to LOCK free members away from content. IM ASKING the DCUO team to ENCOURAGE LONGER PLAY time by saying to FREE PLAYERS if you like to play the game longer you can either A purchase replay badges ONLY or SUB up to LEGENDARY and PLAY LONGER with some EXTRA MONTHLY REPLAY BADGES PLUS TONS EXTRA! WIN WIN!

What is really the issue? lol

The current model as is, CURRENTLY locks away FREE players from TONS OF core features.. So im not understanding whats the issue? Replay badges should be HEAVILY ENCOURAGED within Legendary membership...
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You really have no idea how the market works… yes the product cost is just a number. That is obvious. But once a product has that number assigned than that number becomes the value of the item. If a PlayStation cost $400 than you can’t go to the store and say “I don’t agree with the cost”. Whether you like it or not, the PlayStation cost $400.

But let’s put it in DC terms since. A perfected nth metal has a a value of $10. That’s the price it cost to get. You crying “it’s not worth that amount” won’t change it. If you buy it during a sale of 50% off the value of the item did NOT go down. The value is still $10 but you bought it with a discount. So not the value of items don’t fluctuate. Sales/discounts happen. You crying that the value of the daily logins isn’t valued at $20 does not change that value. It has that value because the total price you would have paid for those products would’ve been $20 if you bought it yourself. That’s why it has a value of $20. Me siding with or or against them doesn’t change the value of the items. So no mepps is not overvaluing anything. The content of the login rewards has a static number. Just because you don’t think you’ll like what’s in it doesn’t change that.

As for you just giving you input on what the membership should be. I don’t recall any dev asking for input on what should go in it during this thread. They made it in the past but that’s since been closed. You saying I don’t like what’s in it. It should have this instead is not how it works. And no company will take any client seriously when they ask for $100 worth of items every month for a $15 membership on top of what they were already giving you.

If you don’t like the value of the items than you have every right to show it by not having membership.
    • Like x 3
  10. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I'm quite happy to get source marks for older solos and duos. I'm curious what effect upscaling will have on prestige rewards for legacy content? It might also be nice to include renown tokens, prestige tokens in the daily reward mix.
    • Like x 1
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

Almost. The value of something is determined by how much a person will pay for it. I can put Trinket X up for sale for $25 but if nobody pays that price for it, what is it really worth?

The value of the login rewards is stated to be roughly $20 for f2p/premiums. The actual value to player will be determined by what is included. If it awards stuff that nobody would actually buy, does it actually have value? I have no doubts that most items will have value to most players but we won't know how much until the full system is revealed.
    • Like x 2
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s how new items are priced. Items that have been out on the market already won’t change unless newer models come out. In fact most items that don’t have newer models (food for example) tend to have the prices go up (except for Arizona lol). The point is, the value was already determined by the dcuo market. That other person can say it doesn’t have that value all they want but it won’t change. For what you said to be true no body would have to get the membership for the value to go down. If even a 3rd of the current memberships stay than the value will be confirmed.
    • Like x 1
  13. Harlequin Devoted Player

You are conflating quite a few different economic trends trying to make a point about something that is completely unrelated to what I said. The scope of my statement was strictly limited to the claimed value of the items in the login rewards track. I did not mention membership or the value of those perks. I did not mention how obsolescence reduces the value of older products or how inflation tends to increase the prices of commodities. I was strictly speaking of the price versus value of the virtual items awarded for signing in to DCUO as part of that system.

The price of the items on the MP is set by DI, not the consumer. Price does not equal value. Booster Bundles are an example of this. The spiel has always been that you receive items worth the cost of the bundle plus the bonus aura or whatever when you buy one. Before I abandoned this game (the new direction has piqued my interest again) BBs included crap like Proto-Repair Bots to fluff the "value." Do you really believe that most players would spend real money on repair bots? If they wouldn't, those bots have zero value regardless of the price assigned to them in the MP. The "value" of a Booster Bundle has nothing to do with the price of the items in the bundle. All of the value comes from how much the bonus item is worth to players, an item that has no price attached to it at all.

Goods and services only hold value if someone would pay for them regardless of the price assigned to them. The prices of the items in the reward track are set by DI in their MP. The value of those items is decided by each person individually. Regarding membership perks, I place a much higher value on inventory slots, character slots and access to powers than I do on random MP consumables or currency. However, we must wait until the full details of the rewards on the track as well as the Fate currency and its vendor are released before players can determine their value for those items. People may decide that it is a better value to stop paying for membership and buy enough inventory, bank and character slots to play comfortably instead. We have no way of knowing yet.
    • Like x 2
  14. Owlman Earth 3 Level 30

My god now I've seen everything in this world, player defending more grind and more price and the end of the world, devs are improving the game for players who don't have much money and elites want free players to be forced to pay.
    • Like x 2
  15. kpiny New Player

I think the inventory will be better if you offer more than 7 for the increase.
    Inventory aside, everything looks exciting and promising.

It never ceases to amaze me the quality of content provided and potential this title has.
    I will be returning to enjoy the update. I look forward to it very much.
    Cheers to 10 more years!
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

[If you don’t like the value of the items than you have every right to show it by not having membership.[/quote]

Telling me this adds nothing to what i'm saying.. DCUO population is already low i would advise to not tell people to stop supporting the game you also love.. You're hurting your own cause by alienating people you disagree with, by saying if you don't like it go somewhere else.. That's horrid logics. We are a community we should agree to disagree, not tell people to pay this way or leave.

This forum is literally about revamping membership.. Everything i proposed you would benefit from DRASTICALLY.. its silly to fight someone who is on your side of increasing the value of membership..
    • Like x 1
  17. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

My god.. THANK YOU! That other guy you're explaining this to, is literally throwing away his consumer rights to help corporations **** our wallets more.. Who side is this guy on? lol

To be absolutely CLEAR.. I am a 10 year vet with tons of alts with artifacts all over 160-200. I have NO PROBLEM spending money on DCUO and i will continue to support the game for as long as it will exist. But, i want MORE BANG FOR MY BUCK AKA VALUE since free players are now getting what i've been paying for, for a DECADE(CONSECUTIVELY).

DONT mention bank slots.. THEYRE ALL MAXED OUT!
    • Like x 1
  18. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

So since there's going to be no loot locks what's going to happen to replay badges ? Will they only be for styles and feat unlocking or for something else ? Maybe replay badges could be used to replace seals for artifacts no to add value to them.
  19. Kestral Committed Player

If the person is only playing one day a month they should stop subscribing anyways because they are wasting their money.
  20. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

Not sure if this was answered more clearly yet or not, but what will happen to the rewards we got for free for Membership Subscribers in promethium lock boxes. Specifically the repair bot, bank bot, broker bot, mail bots and omegas are a feature I really liked and enjoyed getting out of the boxes. They were very helpful in SM and in instances where repair vendors were out of the way. Or wanting to put something in my bank to clear out my inventory while in content was very convenient.

Putting these rewards on the Fate vendor doesn't seem fair after these used to be completely free. I'm sure that there will be new rewards that will cost a decent amount of Fate marks on the Fate vendor and I don't want to have to pick and choose from the new stuff and from the things we used to get for free.

Do you have a concrete answer to whether this will still be available as a free reward in one form or another?
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.