Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - House of Legends Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Anyone who is o.k. with this change doesn't remember how much it sucks to spend an hour in a Raid. There's a reason why it's a Feat to do Batcave & FOS Raids in less than 60 minutes. A reason which I absolutely do not want to revisit.
    • Like x 1
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Or consider having to go through each tunnel of Paradox Wave again, ugh. Or a thousand other examples of instances being a long, slow, unnecessarily boring experience.
    • Like x 1
  3. iTzICERBLADE New Player

lol im totally ok with this but they should scale every1 down to match raids
  4. iTzICERBLADE New Player

bad groups took 60 mins thiis good cause it shows new players mechanics
    • Like x 1
  5. Gyzarus901 New Player

"Shows new players mechanics". We've been stat clamped on seasonals for years yet I always run into people who don't know or do certain mechanics who are well past 200 cr. Im curious, whats your excuse for those people. Also I run my main and 6 other alts through every seasonal, and in almost every run there's at least one person only attacking the boss or adds.
  6. Mr.W Committed Player

@Mepps/Charon

Will allies have synergy with artifacts? Example if we pick emerald empress & her eye shoots 2 or 3 orbitals, will this trigger the dead kings Scepter?

Also, please make them relatively easy to lvl without the market place assistance or having to wait once per dlc for a 2xp weekend for one character. That will make them more alt friendly :)
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I hate to break it to you but this update isn’t about you or endgame players. Stats clamp is a very necessary aspect of the game that is needed for the long term health of a game. I’ll explain as simply as I can.

A new players just gains access to raids/on duty content. On duty (when finally pops) will normally be filled with a mix of new players, cr skip players, and players going back for old feats. So you have a wide range of skill level going into this. The top players who are geared just go around killing everyone. The new players go in not learning anything. The cr skip players get carried even more, and the end players gets their feats and leaves. This cycles continues as the new players and cr skip players get to endgame.

Now you have people who never learned anything and players who got carried get to end game and join end game content with the same people who are going back to one shot everything in older raids. But now the end game players are complaining about these “noobs” joining these end game content. “They should know what to do by now. They are at end game.”, “How do you not know your roles at this cr?”, “The game is being geared towards these noobs!!”…

Yes all of this should be true. They should know what to do by now but they don’t because they were carried. They should know their roles by now but they can’t learn because adds just die in one hit so support roles don’t do anything. Yes this game is being geared to the lower players because no one is learning.

In today’s community most players don’t even want to take the time to teach others. People kick “bad players” when things go back but don’t take the time to teach. Most leagues recruiting only want to invite people who are set up and don’t want to take the time to teach new players. “But they can YouTube!!” No. There is only so much a person can learn reading and watching videos. Players can learn how things fundamentally work but they need to apply what they learn in actual combat.

If a paradox raid takes an hour or 2 so be it. If you don’t like it build a group yourself. The new players need this to get better for when they get to end game.
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

Well I would never want a low board like paradox wave to EVER take 1 to 2 hours on my main toon lol. That negates progression completely, makes feats worthless, gear/augment upgrades a waste of time, & artifacts an absolute waste of money.

My take on the clamp is the dev team has already set this change in motion regardless of community input. They are however allowing players to give feedback on the range to how heavy the clamp should be. This is why I said if this is implemented, nothing in lower content should feel higher than around/between escape E & throne E to end game players who have gotten feats etc. These bosses aren't being 1 shot but we still feel like we had significant improvement over the years.

I also agree there should be versions that aren't clamped for players just running through for styles or old speed feats etc.

Maybe the option should only be available to a player once they passed into another tier? That way new players have a chance to see all the phases of last boss in kandaq & so forth.
    • Like x 1
  9. L T Devoted Player

If that's true then just stop doing all that stuff right now. Forget about skill points. Throw away your artifacts. Don't even bother with augments.

I wouldn't recommend running end game content if you do that. But go ahead.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mr.W Committed Player

Lol, I get both sides, but come on LT you have to admit if we worked that hard to get our feats & things, then go back into content 5+ tiers below up & it still takes an hour or two to complete with or without a group of full end game teammates will make you feel like you aren't progressing & our hard work isn't being rewarded lol.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Progression is always going to be a thing. People are just making a bigger deal about it than it really is. If you random que on your main and the raid takes over and hour to do than it means the group as a whole is doing something wrong. That needs to be address. You being on your main should not mean you can just steamroll through everything that defeats the whole purpose. Those are raids. Raids are meant to be done by the group working together. People can whine and cry about “progression is dead!!!”, “I already did it so I shouldn’t have to take that long anymore” all they want but this is a vital part of the game that needs to be here for the health of the community as a whole.

And it should clamp is it feels like throne E? That was so many dlcs ago. Even now I (and many others) can steamroll through panoe and zooe without trolls healers or tanks. Again taking away the whole point of the revamp. No raid in the game should be that easy. Even the BoP dlcs is easy now. If anything the difficulty should be around the range of the event versions of the current dlc (without the roleless buffs) which would be around 1-2 dlcs back. Players shouldn’t be able to give minimal effort to to complete a hard feat. These are called feats not participation trophies. All players in the content should be required to put in some effort. Players need to learn mechanics and their roles so that when they get to end game they will be better prepared.
  12. Mr.W Committed Player

I guess we agree to disagree then, but even Mepps is leaning towards making those who have put the work in to still feel very powerful in lower content as we should in my opinion. & there is a difference between plowing through older content with an end game group & us just tapping triangle (not spec for prec) & the boss is down lol

Don't forget we are super heroes who even rescued superman ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes we can agree to disagree. That is fine. But one thing is like to say is that from mepps post it seems we are supposed to “feel powerful” compared to others who are of that contents level. To me that sounds more like we will be obviously stronger but not doubling them kind of powerful.

And we are supers who rescued superman? To be fair superman isn’t that strong in this game lol. Have you seen him in panoe? He makes us go around cause lex closed a door on him…. He’s superman he could’ve punched down the door. So is rescuing him isn’t much of a feat lol
  14. Mr.W Committed Player

Lmbo!!!!! I guess he just wanted us to get our cardio by going around & dodging layers LOL
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Superman’s greatest weakness!!! Not kryponite…. A door
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Recent college grad here (last year), and in my Advertising, Communications, and Public Relations courses, my professor had us do a case study on Microsoft with the 2013 XBOX One launch and we went over what Microsoft did wrong. It was a lot. A key takeaway was that Microsoft failed to communicate with their customers and allowed Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) in the company's intentions to spread; especially when those fears proved to be true.

All companies can learn from their marketing mistakes. I do not think Daybreak is doing enough to fully inform it's customers on this stat clamp. What does "feel powerful" mean? How powerful will be we actually be? What are the long term CR progression goals if any? Will Daybreak be kind enough to address the end game players (customers) who are being stat clamped and feel their progress, time and effort were for naught?

These are questions I hope will get answered. I also play Final Fantasy XIV, (level 80 with full 520 gear and all materia) I can tell you we are clamped to the max in lower levels to the point of actually losing our acquired skills and abilities if they were not previously present in that content. I hate to go to a lower dungeon because of it. I only have my superior health as an advantage over a lower level CR person. I will still play DCUO just as I will still play FF14.

I like to think we all on here are passionate about DCUO and I hope we look at that to unite us.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Do I get a Kryptonite necklace to stat clamp me? I would like it set with diamonds please.
  18. Mr.W Committed Player

Ooooooo that actually gave me a good idea. You know how halls of hades has optional items for feats & things right? What if the clamp was only implemented to those who choose to pick up items like that throughout the raids & those who get it get double rewards?

& that could be the "option" a lot of ppl were asking for
  19. Mertal Defer Level 30

With House of Legends will it allow for Hero's and Villain's to finally just group up? For years the work around we been using is going inside a raid leaving then having our friends invite the opposite faction inside the instance. It would be a great change to just allow grouping between the two factions.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mr.W Committed Player

@ MEPPS & Panderus, Question/request regarding allies.

Instead of creating another XP system, can we just rank them up with the exobytes we get from the gear we salvage. Exobytes are & always have been a core part of our heros/villains. Even with the introduction of augments we still use Exobytes to level/rank them up so it only seems fitting the allies use them too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.