Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - House of Legends Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

2. Mr.W Committed Player

I been queuing a few older missions to get a reasonable range for the forth coming clamp. I feel like something between how throne E & escape E feel to end game players on live now may be a fair start for old content.

But if you want us to feel stronger than that i won't complain lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mr.W Committed Player

Something im curious about is how will the content scale if a clamped player randomly queues into an instance with at lvl players.

One of the issues tiers 4 & 5 had a few years ago was content scaled entirely too high for at lvl players when something similar to this was introduced.

What fail safes will be put in place so that new players/ low alts who may q reg for entry lvl won't be thrown into a whirlwind fight for content scaled to end game toons?
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

I'm very excited about the ally system. Not only are we heroes/villains, now we get to be Pokémon trainers too lol.

What type of buffs will those allies grant? Simple things like resto/dom or stats we Normally can't increase like defense?

Also will they grant an "ability" similar to artifacts or a new power to put in our tray?

Last thing, but im not sure how possible this would be. Can they increase the travel speed of certain projectile attacks or help stop them from missing? For example flash twirl his arms to blow them into an enemy or wonder woman uses her shield to bounce the attacks that miss back into the enemy lol.
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Perhaps the Ally system works in such a way that if you can't fill out a group we can substitute with an "Ally"? I don't know. If this isn't the intended purpose of the Ally system, then I really don't see the purpose in it helping me personally. I'm already stat clamped why am I going to exert effort leveling an "Ally" if the entire purpose of this clamp is to make it fairer for new / returning players? Maybe it's just for end game. Like I said I don't know, but I doubt I will put any effort into these "Allies" personally.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Mepps already confirmed that that's not how the Ally system works.
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Then there you have it
  8. Mr.W Committed Player

For me, as long as the xp required to max them doesn't exceed the amount required for a rank 80 artifact, (seeing we will have several) then I wont mind. I just prefer if they dont make it mandatory for us to use more catalyst on top of the ones necessary for artifacts plus adaptive arguments already.
  9. Realist617 Active Player

If you are removing the vault will its exclusive items such as the OMAC trinket, movement mode items, shape change trinkets, and seasonal awards still be available somewhere else or will they be removed permanently?
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

One of the devs said they will be available somewhere else, but they hadn't decided where yet.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

You cannot be so naive, do you understand that in this way we will get two channels with garbage conversation instead of one? :p
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I understand that you already have a lot of work, but is it possible to revise the work of augments from metal 1? These are the ones where, when attacking, there is a chance to summon a Dark Robin, this is the best augment in the entire existence of augments ... but it only works in the content of metal 1 :( I don't think it would make an imbalance if they worked everywhere ...
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I held out hope that people would not be that idiotic, but yes you're probably right :(
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

No ****.
  15. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

I see what u did there……
  16. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

Can we at least not be stat clamped in elite level content. Theres certain feats I've been putting off like Omega Level Pardon in FGSe but this update is only gonna make something like that even more tedious than it already is.
    • Like x 3
  17. Eve YouTuber

Mepps\Charon are some characters getting remodeled with this episode or you are skipping updating characters in this episode?
    Since you said we will see some of them in House of Legends, just not who.
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

A few got updated with new geo/models and some with material refreshes. Most of them will sneak into the game before EP41 due to reasons.
    • Like x 9
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Someone asked me this, what happens to any lockboxes still in circulation on their 30 day timer when this drops? Same deal as vault tickets?
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

They behave the same until they expire.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.