DCUO Customization moving forward

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC Urban, Nov 10, 2017.

1. DC Urban Committed Player

I am by no means advertising another game. For one, I am not being paid, secondly, no amount of advertising could even help some games, and the one I am talking about fits this bill. Also, Marvel looks like they could possibly close doors, so DCU is sitting pretty at the moment, with that said..........

One thing I do believe DCU can accomplish with the drop of the PS3, is a customization system that will rival CO. So I ask everyone, is it possible for DCU to attain Champion levels of customization and styles? Body scaling aside, more along the lines of layering, variety and physics.
    • Like x 1
  2. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Honestly I'm not huge on customization so I probably wouldnt care about most of this. Though Im assuming by physics you mean like flowing and the apparent weight of something. If so then I'm 100% for better physics on capes, loinclothes, hair etc.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Megzilla has alluded to the possibility of better physics on those objects you mention...but nothing is set in stone as of now.
    • Like x 1
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I doubt it. Not all limitations are caused by inferior hardware. Sometimes the limitations are caused by design decisions made years ago that can't be worked around or adjusted without messing everything else up.

I don't think we're going to see any vast improvements just because the PS3 is gone. Certainly not to anything that already exists in the game. If the vast improvements to customisation exist in the future, they'll most likely just apply to the post PS3 vanity items.
    • Like x 4
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

All I really want is customizable faces so we don't all look the same
    • Like x 9
  6. David Ivanenko Committed Player

That would be really nice, pretty much every MMORPG has some face customization.

But hey! It could be worse, at least we don't look like the new Superman.
    • Like x 3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Lol, sorry Megzilla but I laughed
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yea the default face is terrible. I like the happy face or the young face, it even has freckles.
    • Like x 1
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

customization for the win :D
  10. Kuno Loyal Player

It's not really that hard. To have different faces, they just need to release new HD skins with different ethnics, tattoos, animal features and so on.
    I don't know why we dont get more hairstyles and skins more often.
    If our character faces could blink and have proper color for their eyes and make up, plus HD skins would make a big difference without dramatic changes.
    • Like x 1
  11. DC Urban Committed Player

Thanks for reminding me of that, killing the avatar buzz......
  12. EmeraldFox112 New Player

Another old game that is safe for me to plug as its closed down now is city of heros. I plug this because they had a custom mission system in place were people could create missions for others to enjoy. What about a similar system in DCUO?
  13. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

the...dropping of the ps3. all is good. were be here for a long time.

P. T. BARNUM.