DCUO Creative Team - Convergence

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lionxoft, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Lionxoft Committed Player

Hey there.

Do you have any plans on tieing any game content, marketplace styles or items etc for the convergence event? Jim Lee stated that this is one of the biggest events in the history of the DC Universe of comics.

Also, have they asked you or told you about any reference to our game universe for a Convergence title? I know that our Brainiac and possibly Superman shows up in Convergence issue #0. Are you aware of any other titles that I can keep my eyes open for?

[IMG]

[IMG]

I thoroughly enjoyed the Legends run from years back so it would be cool to see another comic feature showcasing what's happened in our part of the multiverse in the last few years. :)

Thanks again!

PS: Origin Crisis Batman guise trinket,styles (Cowl or headpiece with the next protection as seen in fractured future? Chest no emblem or including emblem, Spiked Shoulder, or Cybernetic arm?) or legends character on marketplace plz? I know we have the Battle for Earth Batman but there's a huge difference imo between the two.
    • Like x 1
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

At this time they wont give away actual story lines ahead of time although with the monthly episodes they can tie things in with the comics but we wont see that kind of information until well into Halls of Power Part 2
    • Like x 1
  3. Lu Ex Level 30

Maybe they can do a convergence DLC after the trilogies and krytonian trilogy, something that bridges us to other universes so we can get content like the new 52 more integrated into DCUO.

Allowing for more content to be added to the market place and in game for us players to customize our characters with.
  4. Lu Ex Level 30

It would be awesome if DCUO made it into the Convergence!!! I mean Injustice made a spot light so one can only hope :D
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I think in the comic they mention that the Master Brainiac is gone and has been gone for a while.

What if the Master Brainiac that has been gone for a while is the Brainiac we have in DCUO??

Heck we could have an episode tie in with Convergence about the Master Brainiac.?? ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. Lu Ex Level 30

@MAGNETOxxFirstClass man I love the way you think :D that's what im talking bout we need to get DCUO in Convergence
    • Like x 1
  7. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Convengence comics idea is really great, the execution is awful.

BUT, for DCUO is a trasure of characters, please USE THEM!
    • Like x 1
  8. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

Post-convergence looks:
    -Renegade Hal Jordan: Cool with his hood and instead of a ring a power gloves and energy source on his back
    -Wonder Woman: Awesome look for her with assassin's creed bracers
    -Superman: Bum wannabe of Superboy with a five o clock shadow, no curl in his hair, and his old cape are gloves to smash windows
    -Flash: Awesome, looks nice with black and static coming out of his suit
    -Green Arrow: Lost his facial hair and renaissance look, has a mullet!!! and neon suit!!
    -Batman: ... No comment, That look like bionic Tick from the old cartoon series, just... no..
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Batman for sure isn't Bruce, that is why he looks so different. I suspect the same is true for Superman and Wonderwoman.
  10. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Maybe we could get a pvp map with 8v8 but here's the twist 8 players get to play as legends and the other 8 get to play as there own characters kind of a way to have our own Convergence kind of battles. It would be a way to bring back the Superman who was controlled by Lex and the Batman and Catwoman who worked with Lex back in Origin Crisis for something as well.
  11. Lionxoft Committed Player

Yeah, they actually leaked that already but I won't say further in respect for others who missed that on purpose :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Lu Ex Level 30

I thought it was officially announced
  13. Lionxoft Committed Player

Most sources say it's not confirmed but is a possible reveal that will happen on Free Comic Book Day in May. :)
  14. NaumNML New Player

Screw Convergence. DCUOs continuity is way better than anything DC is doing right now in the comics. Give me Crisis on Infinite Earths, the original event comic if we want to start taking direct ideas from the comics
  15. Lionxoft Committed Player

Have you read Convergence yet? So far it's not all bad. ;)
  16. BumblingB I got better.

You know what's funny, how close the Convergence and Future's End was to DCUO.

Just saying.
    • Like x 2
  17. Lionxoft Committed Player

Could be that Jim Lee is running out of ideas that require a large scale :eek:
  18. NaumNML New Player

It hasn't but that is mostly because they are using preNu52 characters, which are IMO the far superior versions of these characters. I am very skeptical these versions stay and most will be killed off, as hinted at the post Convergence titles suggest.
  19. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Yea when I was reading them I was thinking the same thing.
  20. Lionxoft Committed Player

Weird I didn't see this. I was more wondering about styles or MP items but I didn't want to limit myself there so I threw in the content question as an after thought. I understand that their workflow for churning content out is planned pretty far ahead.

I think I actually care about seeing the DCUO universe in the comics again or if they had any info on whether it would be featured in the comics more than any actual playable content for convergence. I'm not sure how that would play out really since I haven't been impressed with a DLC enough to keep interest in it since January 2014. I kind of lost interest after WotL pt 1 and during Amazon Fury pt 1 as I'm not a huge fan of overly reused assets. I've stuck to replaying previous content and legends PvP/PvE when I do indeed log in. I do however enjoy watching other people play the content though from time to time. It's refreshing to see what other people think of the new stuff. :)

I'm not opposed to Marketplace iconic styles or iconic guise trinkets though from this event and it might be a good way to cash in. I still think the guise system is incredibly under used and it might be a way to see a compromise from DC in regards to their "strict" licensing. Would love to see some Batman, Superman, Flash and GL (Parallax or Alan Scott) type guises.