DCUO Census

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

That graph is pretty telling that most people are electric prec and speedster. Really sad
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Probably highlights the fact that something might just be a little bit "imbalanced" or "broken" about electricity huh ;)
    • Like x 4
  3. The Great NK Well-Known Player

ooooh is the API working again? Haven't played this game in a long time. iirc the API was down for a long time!
  4. beardrive Committed Player

I am on the EU server, and one of the things that I've noticed, is most of the speed hackers have disappeared for the most part. They haven't gone underground, because all the leagues that are using them are using them internally.

Our EU server is very small, so all we need to do is go to the top 20 players, and then go to their LPVE feats, and look at them and watch how they got them about every minute, when it should take them Weeks or months to complete that list.

But as far as overt speed hacking, to be honest I think it's generally under control here on the EU server. The last one I saw was Valentine's Day and it was a single person switching alts over and over. I don't know what it's like on the US server. And I understand what you mean about all of those fees and licenses for all cross-platform play. But in order to keep people together from such a small system, eventually they're going to have to combine them. Thank you for your insights.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm trying to see what you see. Where on those graphs does it say that all those speedsters are Electric and all Electric players are prec?
    • Like x 1
  6. SilkyPawz Bunny

I don't think it's as much broken as the SC with so many green circles it to me is no different the Superessor Turret with Gadgets. Or now Ice with Ice Elemental.

I would really at some point in time like to see a powers balance not just supers but the power cost of certain powers like Hard Light and Mental the power cost for those powers, then Atomic, if they aren't going to make more powers then balance all powers and make them fun to play, it seems sometime they just balance powers around a new artifact that comes out or so, from what I have seen lately.
    • Like x 5
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Totally agree - part of what is appealing about electricity might also be to do with how it functions with artifacts, meaning artifacts can also be contributing heavily towards the imbalance.
    • Like x 4
  8. SilkyPawz Bunny

Exactly, I mean when you start nerfing One power but not another that isn't balance for exmple not all SC's do the same damage, why not go and make the cooldowns the same for all 50's 100' s and the 25 power cost, currently they are all over the place.

Then you have where they nerfed Nature people going in and out of Gorilla / Wolf form but now you have Ice Elemental doing the same thing so wondering when that nerf is coming since so many people cried about nature. :rolleyes: Overall my point is there needs to be more balancing for all powers not one or two here and there and we are always nerfing always maybe bring everything to to the same level as other powers.
    • Like x 2
  9. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Aside from some outliers like Fire and Sorcery (being base powers), it is telling which powers are more meta for endgame/elite content. The top half excels in either DPS or their support role or both.
    • Like x 1
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

What's really sad is that - according to the graph - most people are using flight. And that movement is garbage. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I have forever said that the score board is bad for this Co-op game as all i have even seen it cause are bad player reactions to others. game would be better if it had been removed a long time ago
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This right here … I don’t know if eso has a score card now but they didn’t when I played.

Some key takeaways in that game compared to this one with a score card

Rarely did anyone get infront of the tank before the tank could pull adds or a boss.

Dps mostly do pick ups and allow the tank and healer to continue doing what they do.

Dps get involved in the mechanics and don’t ignore them

Im not talking about premade groups where everyone knows each other im talking about random groups

People can tell me til they are blue in the face that removing the score card won’t be any differen. But I’ve seen a very similar game in terms of combat and it’s a huge difference in dps attitude.

I wouldn’t mind a personal scorecard where you see your own damage and healing etc. and if people want to share that info at the end of the fight fine. But the scorecard is toxic and breeds bad behavior in instances.
    • Like x 4
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Interesting, because I play on EUPC/PS server, almost exclusively in PUGs and that pretty much describes most of my experience. Some mechanics get ignored, but mostly because many people are inexperienced and don't know about them, and/or are afraid of doing something that might spoil a feat for someone (like don't stop ads emerging in SoBA: GP first boss-fight). And/or because the group is so OP, there's no need to bother.

I mostly know this - apparently widespread - DCUO toxicity from people talking about it on the forums. Is it a US thing? Or an Elite thing, because I rarely run that type of content, beyond duos?
  14. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I know I'm not the only one who has played on both servers, so I can only speak for myself - I have always found the US community to be far more toxic than the EU community. Sunshine and rainbows on EU. Borderline dystopia on US. :shrug:
    • Like x 5
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Thanks for the idea :) now they are on the new website

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yeah, I played on USPC years ago and the community on EU server seems way more friendly. It may be because the population is much smaller, so if you're a d*ck you'll soon find yourself left with no one willing to play with you...
    • Like x 2
  17. beardrive Committed Player

That is very true. If you're a jerk on the EU, eventually everybody finds out, and you end up not really having anybody to play with. And most EU players are also interested in the game as well, not just in winning. So speed hackers end up in very small leagues in the top 20 because only about six or eight people will tolerate playing with them. I've seen full out fights happen because a speed hacker came in and decided to destroy our content. Now that I don't know how it is on the US server.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

My general experience is that the more elite the content being run the greater the likelihood of toxic behavior.

The elite community on US PC/PS server is routinely toxic not only to people they perceive as unworthy and casual but also to each other the moment someone says something (especially if it doesn't follow the perceived expected elite "group think") the other subjectively dislikes or one does something that displeases someone.

Heaven forbid you suggest an out of the box strategy or cause a wipe and get caught using an artifact the group doesn't like lol
    • Like x 8
  19. Warped Discord Moderator

Now I just wonder if this same dev/engineer has any idea how to fix the paper dolls so that you can see what a character looks like by looking them up on a census/API website like you used to be able to do on Wavedox, DCUOLive, etc.. It’s of course not a necessary feature, but it was always interesting seeing what styles the census would pick up when looking up characters.
  20. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I was afraid but not surprised in the slightest by these results.