DCUO Census

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Census has many times over been unreliable with it being up 100% and the data from it not being updated. Its a good tool but its not maintained enough to even warrant its existence. If it was more reliable and communicated from the Devs about its purpose and maintenance, I would care more about arbitrary numbers.
  2. beardrive Committed Player

Oh, and I have absolutely no issue with our monthly rewards whatever they are. We used to get like two seals of completion a year now we get 48. And we can buy so many other things as well. I find that value for money, even if nobody else does. For me, being an active player, the subscription really works out for me. It may not work out for others.
    • Like x 1
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

While the census was down for a very long time, back in December a developer directly reached out to whom I work with on DCUOBot and this new website to determine what the issues were to get the daybreak api running properly again. While obviously broad search results aren't indictive of anything concrete I have no reason to suspect the census results will have any issues going forward now that there is directly a developer overseeing its maintenance.
    • Like x 8
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you
  5. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Simp harder bro.
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

LOL what a idiot, wanting to hear facts amirite.
  7. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

If you’re going to insult someone, at least be grammatically correct about it, kettle.
    • Like x 5
  8. Limey Committed Player

Part of the issue with an all-server merge is the increased costs due to different console agreements and fees. Sony specifically has some steep fees from cross-server capabilities based on market share of players.

Likewise, a poor and archaic reporting system combined with virtually no in-game enforcement means the toxicity will remain rampant regardless of scorecard's existence. Likewise, the hacker issue that's rampant on the most populated server needs to be taken far more seriously before any server merge, otherwise the toxicity and hacker plagues will continue to detriment the game, and all servers once merged.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Wow 43 million people (well less if some made characters multiple times) played the DCUO level 1 to 30 tutorial and either said "this ain't me" and bounced out or they just made toons to hoard names or keep as bank toons? 43 million didn't bother getting a proper base CR? Yikes and yowzers this is some massive premature gaming right here.
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Oh the grammar is off? Oh well...

Aint like i really care if anyone wants to nitpick and spellcheck Im sure you understand the gist of the message so ima go ahead and run along like this run-on sentence thats ima just gona leave with spelling errors and grammar eRRors because well you get the point
    • Like x 1
  11. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Almost played it off… almost.

Anyway back to ignoring people like you.
  12. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

I no need a Census....population of EU server is pretty low, even the thursdays is hard to find people to run omnis and SOBA raids...
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

What do you mean people like me?
    [IMG]
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

As promised :cool:
    • Like x 2
  15. Trykz Dedicated Player

Very cool video.

Would love to see the metrics on movement modes too lol
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Specific's like that I wish the census could track like might vs precision, movement modes. The census used to track hours played so you could sort players by hours played on the game :D but players revolted against that one due to privacy complaints and devs removed it
    • Like x 3
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

I remember when wave dox first came out you could see damn near everything about a toon and a league lol. It was definitely a little disconcerting lmao. But absolutely agree would love to see might v prec and some other metrics.
    • Like x 1
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

Ps5 shows hours played. Over 6900 in my dcuo game lmao. That’s 1 year of my life in dcuo ugh.
    • Like x 1
  19. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Movement modes are there:
    (US PS/PC Server, Players with CR >= 391)
    [IMG]
    Might/Precision is clunkier. You can get a point-in-time stat, but if I'm in Controller role at the time or when I logged out, :rolleyes:. That chart above looks significantly different if you just pull folks on US PS/PC with 396 CR. SS, unsurprisingly, takes the cake.

I got you friend - again, US PS/PC Server, CR >= 391:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Dang atomic is so far down the list …. This reminds me of when the census was first released and I was earth … prior to earth getting its update. Earth was second to last or dead last i can’t remember … here I am again on one of the least used power sets