Fixed DCUO Census information is down.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by IonHero, Feb 17, 2020.

1. IonHero Committed Player

• Like x 3
  2. Val973 New Player

I have been experiencing this issue for at least the last week. Please update if you find anything out.
  3. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

The census isnt maintained by the devs. I also believe they would rather not have a census.
  4. IonHero Committed Player

At this current moment, the census seems to be working sporadically.
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Actually the source of the census data is provided by Daybreak/Dimensional Ink and encouraged by them to be utilized.

http://census.daybreakgames.com/

However, the actual mobile apps, apps, and Discord apps that are created utilizing the information is maintained by outside sources.
    • Like x 2
  6. IonHero Committed Player

Even though it still sporadic in it working, Thank you for adding the Swtich Worlds to the Census. :)
  7. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Even if it's up, they seemingly haven't been maintaining it. For example, the DCUO Census site at DCUOblogguide hasn't had new feats added since episode 25. I've asked them about it a few times, and was told that the Daybreak Census data is to blame. Any truth to that, and if so, can we ever expect an update?
    • Like x 1
  8. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

How long ago was your last ask to dcuobloguide?
    While census is not not really well maintained, IonHero's DCUO Missing Feat Checker is functioning properly with the latest info, though it would be best if everyone can help out since those data are collected and not entirely provided by census.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The person that operated DCUOBloguide has not updated that site since 2017. I suspect who ever owned the site sold it judging by the numerous links to Amazon store.
  10. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I wish I could buy it to rewrite the whole thing...
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You probably could. It's not difficult to find the domain registrar (or choose one of your preference) and make an offer to the current domain owner to see if they'll let you buy it. It took me a couple of minutes via a whois server to find that information. :)

Dcuobloguide is sorely out of date and if you have the time and capability to upgrade it and get it working properly again, more power to you! :)
  12. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

He is really easy to track down, since the site owner has a public group with him for some reason.
    Yet I do not have the capital to do so, let alone the deal making process. Are you providing them? :p

P.S. you cannot choose the registrar for this site.
  13. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Admittedly, it's been a while since I got an answer. The last answer I did get blamed Daybreak, but I have no reason to believe that that answer was correct. That's why I was asking here.

I was already aware of the Zonexus feat checker. However, that site doesn't allow you to drill down to see the collection checklist or other feat progress markers for feats that have them the way that the Census site did.
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

What I was attempting to say was that you can pick a registrar... and through them make an offer to buy the domain. If the offer is accepted, the domain registration information will be transferred to you at the new registrar.

Maybe the current owner would make you a site admin?
  15. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

You can ask if Zonexus can add the features you'd like to see, but I would caution that this site, as far as I can tell, only has 1 person holding it up(unfortunately not the only case as far as dcuo fan resources go), so it'd be best to give any information you can but also not expect everything to go the way you want it.
    That is exactly what I told you is not possible, it is marked as clientTransferProhibited.
    Look I keep on smashing my daydream with facts and logistics, stop fueling my fantasy lol
    • Like x 1
  16. IonHero Committed Player

That "blame" more or less accurate, All the Census can be broken down into 2 major categories. live data (character/league Name, Stat numbers or ID numbers representing things.) and reference data (Things to allow the translation of those ID numbers into something more meaningful.)

The Live data, continues to update as you play the game automatically. (assuming the census is working)

The Reference data, has not been maintained by Daybreak, and only updates manually. (Zonexus.ca uses their own reference data, that they maintain.)

Using Live data, I could tell if you have completed the feat with id "6901769"
    but without the up to date Reference data, I couldn't tell you what the name of that feat is. (for the record that one is for "Tapestry Takedown")
    • Like x 1
  17. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Yeah, I see the transfer thing now. I didn't go that far... but when you look up the definition of that code it works like this:
    It's also expires this year: Registry Expiry Date: 2020-08-13T22:11:00Z. I believe the dcuobloguide site is (was?) maintained by a single person as well.
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

/rubchin. /wary.
    Why has it asked to login with facebook account? I would never login with their or anyone's link on their page.

latest facedboock post for bloguide was 2019. /shrug. It has my current CR and SP number, but not equipment. /shrug.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/dcuo.bloguide/posts/

How is this in bug reports forum? I thought this was in general chat, then noticed the category. /facepalm
  19. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I'd love to see the census maintained in the way it is for other Daybreak games. We used to have a character lookup on our CR calculator, but at this point that's just going to make it look like your character is doing everything in the buff.

I imagine all the unattuned gear has caused issues with maintaining that piece of the database (ever tried to sell an old attuned piece to the vendor and been confused by it being level 10?) Feats and league data is super broken as well, though. The data nerd in me is :( .