DCUO Announces New Episodes: METAL PART I & II

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Quantile Well-Known Player

2. ShottiBloodangel New Player

Want launch till September is just a spit in the face of your players
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I was interested in this out of ComicCon which goes toward the point I and others are making:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/0...e-buying-the-facsimile-editions-dc-publishes/

Dan still doesn’t get why, but people are buying more reprints of 30 and 40 year old comics than some of their new stuff. Why is it? I agree with one of the responses. Adults (the ones with money) are buying comics they loved as a kid to share with their own kids (the ones with no money). It’s kind of like what happens with gaming (Nintendo in particular).

But some people will just never get it.
    • Like x 2
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

if i had to hazard a guess, i'd say our forecast for next year would look a little something like this: possible bird of prey episode/DOS like event (possibly not a guaranteed thing but DCUO does like to tie stuff to monumentous animated/cinematic universe releases), a flash DLC (last one was lightning strikes which was well over 10 episodes ago), a green lantern DLC, and a wonder woman DLC (not necessarily in that order). are there any other big film/animated movie releases in 2020 like the aquaman one?
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Just Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds of Prey for the big screen.
    • Like x 1
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Excluding the fact that we have to wait till September for the new episode, this sounds amazing. Looking forward to the new Episodes :).
    • Like x 1
  7. VYCanisMajoris New Player

There is just a couple of things i really need to know, What CR is the first part starting, and what CR i need to play it ?
  8. Reverse~Reverse Flash Active Player

We didnt even get a Flashpoint DLC even if we did id be MORE BATMAN .Batman got Earth 3 And Riddled with Crime Back to Back within the same year Anti monitor gets reduced to a Anniversary Event . Infinite Crisis / Flash Rebrith / Legion of Super Heros the list goes on heck the could have Done BOOSTER GOLD but i guess if it aint Batman its not Worth it
  9. Krossssss Well-Known Player

lol E#3 not bat "in it yes, not all alone" was more JL to be honest, RwC was batman in that? ... oh yeah he was missing.
    That said a Flashpoint based dlc would be great fun ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

earth 3 was a team effort, centering on the justice league, and batman spent most of that as nothing more than an open world mission dispenser NPC. batman wasn't even IN riddled with crime, so i honestly have no clue what you're complaining about. even the in universe characters through briefings/investigations and spoken dialogue note a distinct lack of bat man himself in "batman" centric content. flash got his 15 minutes of fame in the lightning strikes DLC pack.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Batman was in the Earth 3 alert so he was more than just an open world quest giver.
    • Like x 1
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

And here we are again posting the same, again and again for the last 8 years...

WHEN?

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

The past dlc launches had a 11-12 cr difference range

For example:
    Earth3 min req 207
    Deluge min req 218. (+11 cr difference from e3)
    Titans min cr req 230 (+12 cr difference from deluge)
    Atlantis min req: 241 (+11 cr difference from titans)
    JLD (Current dlc) min req: 253. (+12 difference from Atlantis)

Next dlc (Metal part 1) will likely have a minimum cr requirement of 264 or 265. This is for the endgame version in order to play the endgame version.
    Most likely dcuo will continue the event versions and that requires a minimum level of 10+
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

the stories were better...demon quest batman does nothing for me...or whatever this is supposed to be
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

and always the required CR is 10 CR too low and the minimum CR 20 off.
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

Not an animated film but the launch of a new Legion series with big names as the creatives gives me hope....
    • Like x 1
  17. inferno Loyal Player

All I'm saying is Dark robin pets.
    • Like x 3
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

They're buying the comics on speculation.

"Oh, they're coming out with Doom Patrol? Better buy their issues up dirt cheap, wait 1-2 months and then resell on eBay."

That's what's happening. Doom Patrol, Teen Titans, and Shazam have all had big price increases this past year.

Under the Marvel banner, the one that's gone up slightly is Morbius appearances due to that movie coming out.
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I think you’re referring to back issues (original release comics that have physically aged 40 years). Dan was talking about reprints (copies of old comics but printed last week on paper from freshly slaughtered trees). Reprints usually don’t have a speculator market - they’re just a cheap way for somebody to read the old comic.
    • Like x 2
  20. DanXVII Committed Player

Translation: More recycled maps? Gonna sit this one out.
    • Like x 1