DCUO Announces New Episode: ATLANTIS

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Phoenix Five Active Player

Aqualad yay <3 Aqualad. <3
    I mean *cough* Black Manta *cough* yay <3
    yay <3
  2. Oueen Mera New Player

-Eagerly awaits the announcement of the reveal stream- I'm going mad! I need an update!
  3. TheOriginalCirocband Active Player

Can we get some more Green Lantern, and Batman DLC’s it seems like we just got an Aquaman DLC.
    • Like x 1
  4. Oueen Mera New Player

I thought with the new Aquaman trailer and all that we would see some kind of update on the Atlantis episode. Still NO news though. I'm getting incredibly anxious now. Please, show us a little something!
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

I believe the one after this will be a continuation of the Earth 3 content. They put quite a bit into developing the assets for specific content so you'll likely also see another revisit to Titans content down the line. Personally while I really like GL and Batman I'd like to see something totally new, like the Legion or maybe some Justice League Dark type stuff.
    • Like x 3
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

speaking of which where exactly is the rest of the justice league? we run into martian manhunter sparsely, are recruited occasionally by dr fate (who in dc comics isn't as regular with his appearances as the other league members), and we see the core founding members of batman, super man, and wonder woman as well as green lanterns hal jordan, john stewart, and kyle rayner as dlc npcs along with the two thanagarians but the rest of the league we never even see out on the streets or in the watch tower except flash. it would be neat if they expanded on the anniversary coming of the anitmonitor annually and turned it into something much vaster like maybe a crisis on infinite earths dlc to introduce the full justice league and team beyond like legion of heroes, justice league dark, and even some of dc's more stand alone obscure characters which could introduce some more locations and expand the metro/gotham sandbox into a more open world map. maybe it's just me but there seems a ton dcuo could do with the original comic book material to a limited degree depending on what dc comics as a company will allow with their intellectual property.
    • Like x 1
  7. Oueen Mera New Player

So we're dead center in the middle of October and still no news, previews, or updates on Atlantis? Come On!
    The next episode is due next month! I don't understand announcing something and not giving us any insight.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They will announce details when they're ready to.
    • Like x 2
  9. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Expect someone around Friday, at least that is my guess...
  10. Tygerfyre Committed Player

This attitutde is WHY you're not being given info, and why they don't tend to announce things more than a couple of months out any more. As soon as they announce something, they get hammered for more info on it and demands on where it is (water power, for example).

For all we know, the release is at the very end of November, which means it could be as much as 6 weeks away still. From their perspective, it's far better to emphasize the Halloween content, and keep the focus on that until they are ready to release more info. If they tell you everything about the Atlantis episode now, they won't have anything to post about all through November.
  11. Vagrant Committed Player

You would not last in other games dude let me tell you, 6 months+ can be the standard content gap in other games.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Agreed. Relative to other games DCUO does a lot of work to keep content coming.
  13. Eve YouTuber

Any news for a livestream or anything to share? Really curious already for Atlantis !
    • Like x 1
  14. Oueen Mera New Player

It's not the time gap that concerns me. It's the not hearing a peep about things until literally days or weeks before release.
    All I am asking for is like, little teases here and there, something to get people hyped about upcoming content besides
    just the initial announcement. But apparently, that's asking too much according to some people who've responded.
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

Gah, I almost want the devs to lock this thread because everytime I go on the forum I see the truncated: "DCUO Announces New Episode", I frantically click thinking it's a new post with new details.

Oh and yes I realize the irony that by posting now I'm propagating the very issue I'm talking about...
    • Like x 3
  16. Kaiju-Men New Player

That makes two of us, ha!
    • Like x 2
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The irony. I just clicked it because of that. And now I'm propagating it too. This can be the new Rick Roll, lol.
    • Like x 2
  18. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Oh! So that's what's going on here.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

If there's a livestream for this episode before the first 2 days of November I'd be surprised. As much as I want to see some more previews of the episodes my expectations for the styles, base items, NPCs and environments are above any other episode past or future. So, I'd like to hope the devs are taking their time for the remainder of October perfecting everything so it looks stunning ready for the reveal livestream.

I also hope Xmas Seasonal is getting some love this year too :)