DCUO Announces New Episode: ATLANTIS

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Black Dragon New Player

Well Mepps, looks like you've heard the noise. Make Atlantis an open and explorable map like Gotham/Metro, add a functional swimming mechanic, and sea creatures to ride upon. Honestly now that I think of it though, almost every other game (like Skyrim, witcher), or MMO (like Warcraft) I've played has mount mechanics, how come DCUO hasn't caught up. Don't answer that, I know an unsatisfactory answer is beyond capability at this time, but I'm just putting it out there that DCUO could be doing more, but falling short where it isn't meeting par for today's game-play standards.
    • Like x 2
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Soooo.... Atlantis....

I can only assume this will be Tier 10 content and the CR max will jump to at least 300?
    Good thing I did not buy a CR170 boost!

Questions:
    1. How large scale will Atlantis be, Mepps? Will it be large enough so that players can have base locations there? If not, then it will not be large enough.
    2. Will we be able to ride dolphins, sharks and orcas into battle, for missions or just for the fun of it?
    3. Will we have Teen Titan missions there?
    4. Will we be able to teleport there via waterspout to/from Atlantis via Headquarters/Player Base/League Base?
    5. Can we have a different form of currency for Atlantis, like pearls for example, instead of the normal coin-type currency?
    • Like x 1
  3. Masm Active Player

Love to see content being announced like this!

Hope to see another big QoL like Augments this time as well!
    • Like x 1
  4. BlakeKallor New Player

Bearded and long-haired Aquaman, p-p-p-leeease? :D
    • Like x 2
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Nah. Next DLC will be Shazam because the movie comes out April 5. And with that could be two more new locations - Fawcett City and the Rock of Eternity.

I guess we’re close to on par with last year’s content releases if you count Doomsday as a DLC; but Doomsday didn’t feel like a DLC because of the way it was released, and Starro was mostly just a re-release of existing content.

We had a big year of all new content last year with Anti-Monitor, the first Starro, Age of Justice, Riddled with Crime and Earth 3; and all that happened with the stats revamp going on and ps3 still being the ball and chain. I hope we can get back to having those kind of big years again; but I guess we’ll see.
    • Like x 4
  6. thefloronicman New Player

yesss!!! In Atlantis??? Sign me up
    • Like x 1
  7. JayTwoFace New Player

Mepps..I can see the improvements made in Teen Titan content and visual is key so keep improving graphics but our characters need a upgrade too lots of skins not being used and now in-game characters look better than us the players
    • Like x 1
  8. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

well at least now when everything starts sinking into the ground you can blame it on the undertow.
  10. Earth742 Well-Known Player

A) We KNEW this was in the works, as BOTH fans and Devs wanted it, so all those crying foul please cease your bleating! The Bright Side for those who don't want Atlantis, is more time for them to work on the Episode that comes after; not every next episode will be Atlantis but something different, so CHILL OUT. Please.
    B) For those who haven't caught on yet or are being willfully ignorant, there is an evolving storyline with many plot threads; just like the comics themselves do. If you job is NOT writing or editing comics, don't accuse the Devs/writers/etc of doing it wrong or whatever crazy notion strikes your fancy. Good grief!
    C) Some ppl were anti-Superman Celebration. Why? I KNOW all the Lobo-fans are as happy as can be to get the Main Man's duds.

D) I sincerely hope Atlantis is An Open-World City, like Gotham and Metropolis.
    E) I hope the Devs are wise, and allow the use/appearance of wetsuits/diving gear/rebreathers as OPTIONAL. Some players are Role Playing as Atlanteans or other water-breathers. Forcing a mechanic upon them where they 'drown' without said gear, will disrupt their immersion and sour their experience. Most Surface Dwellers are restricted to breathing air and this will come into play, I have no doubt. I merely caution you against making any play factors balanced, not heavy-handed.
    F) Atlantis is more than the home of Arthur, Mera and their people. The Lore, in the comics echoes the lore and mythology of Atlantis. A great, lost civilization, more advanced than its contemporaries were in the Ancient World. Both their Magic and Technology are integral to many stories in comics and animated features. Relics and treasures of not just Atlantis itself, but treasures acquired from other civilizations are preserved in Atlantis. Culture. Don't gloss it; embrace it and make it shine.
    Thank You.
    • Like x 4
  11. Earth742 Well-Known Player

TY Fatal Star!

Also, an argument in favor of GEMWORLD:
    [IMG]
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

REALY EXCITED
    with the last episode, devs have showed us theyr best and with the story continueing right were we ended with deluge, wich was an awesome episode both gameplay and story whise, i can't get enough of this delicious water themed stuff we get serverd with ^^
    ATLANTIS, YAY!!!
    • Like x 1
  13. Batrederik Dedicated Player

that killed me *wow* can't wait.. That's ** :eek:

[IMG]
  14. Dazz-252 Committed Player

15. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

It's cool, but um...can we make something other than Aquaman stuff? I understand it's probably gonna be a tie in with the film, but can we go back to Brainiac or Dark Multiverse in Episode 34?
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

I really love that you guys are back to announcing the next upcoming episode down the road right after you just released the current content, a lot of us have been missing that sort of communication lately. Makes it easier to stay around when knowing what we are actually staying around for.

I'm really excited about finally going to Atlantis! I expect a lot of great things out of it and I hold my thumbs that you deliver as far as Open World goes, it would be a shame if it ended up with mostly confined spaces in such a beautiful, underwater City. Atlantis has to be properly explored now when we are finally going there.

There's a lot of potential here in terms of styles and base-items aswell, I really hope you have big plans there. Sea creature styles and Atlantean, environmental base items especially.
    • Like x 4
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

No THX i am saturated with Starro and Deluge already... not up for another Atlanteans round...
  18. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Not to get on anyone's bad side, but to those who are complaining about "Too much Aquaman!" I would ask "Umm...how much Green Lantern, Wonderwoman, Superman and Batman have we had over the last decade?" Aquaman shows up in the Summer Seasonal and the Starro DLC....it's a bit like complaining about going to a restaurant, having everything on the menu, plenty of variety...and then howling "What! The SAME after dinner mints AGAIN??" We had the original game which focused on Supes, Bats and WW. Then we had 3 DLCs for GL, at least 4 each for Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman/Amazon. 4 different iterations of Gotham (normal, GUS, Earth 3 and Goons)...give the other 75% of the earth's surface a chance.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

Gear? Styles? Base items?
    I've got a Water toon DPS and a pirate Electric healer who I've been collection Atlantis stuff for... I'm all over this!
  20. MiLady Well-Known Player

Nice picture of what Atlantis will look like. DLCs in the past had their own background image that appeared in the character selection screen. Will we be able to choose that as a background?
    • Like x 1