DCUO - 5 Things You Have Given Up On Achieving

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Jak-Man Committed Player

My top five are your top five. I've even deleted my pvp gear.
    • Like x 1
  2. Kestral Committed Player

Yeah that feat got much further from achievable when I realized we don't get credit for both exhibits and collections. I mean I'm gathering the collections why can't those count?
    • Like x 2
  3. Unida Dedicated Player

1. alts
    2. keeping up with being 'current'
    3. logging in regularly.
    • Like x 1
  4. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

1- lpve feats (the long term ones)
    2- tc rare items
    3- having an og aura or cosmic mat :'(
    4- open world pvp feats
  5. David Ivanenko Committed Player

With CR differential you could spend a bunch of replays in a day and obliterate everything in sight, eliminating any sort of steady progression and balance.
    Besides there's so much SP available, that even having a bit less than 300 is not an issue, you can still complete any piece of content in the game including Elite content.
    • Like x 1
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

How sad... That's my list exactly... except that I still play LPvP - and used to love all PvP.
  7. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Four pages, and I see that most of the posts agree as well. I hope the DEVs are watching, listening, thinking, about these things. We appear to all be speaking in unison.
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I am hoping the devs will introduce a way to aquire time capsule contents by investing playtime... it would be a crazy amount of motivation to win in PvP if we could buy time capsule items with PvP marks...

Or we clamp ourselves, go into old content and earn the time capsule stuff as rewards.

LPvE feats need an adjustment - there is no other way.
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

LOL i donated my pvp gear to the league hall cause of lack of prestige i can barely keep 3 league buffs up per month alone, those costs are insane.
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

u can do that at 100 sp if ur experienced with the mechanics of the raid, finished zooe that way as healer.
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

an hour or two of exobit hunting a week can be relaxing but i haven't done any farming since the time capsules started spitting out exobytes like pez dispensers. i'm just over 20k on my main and i farmed out a thousand on a couple of alts before feat sharring was a thing.

haven't run Lpve since before the revamp. I have a couple of ten point feats i can pop within a few weeks of daily play but after that it would take the better part of a year for a couple more ten point feats. its like queueing up for normal content only worse. you get the same types of players all in one instance doing their own thing. i wish we had a couple of solo and duo instances for these things.

elite and op gear. i haven't followed my usual way of doing things for the past two dlcs. just playing content "lackadaisically" i have a full set of vendor gear and i'm at 4/8 elite. thats enough for me. the amount of replaying i would have to do to get the rest of the set just isnt worth it. i also only need the two op collections from the vendor. you need what...like 600 ultrabucks? 60 more runs of pan or escape? lol. no.

time capsules. 75 is the current number of dollars i would have spent on the game the past few weeks but instead of stopping at my local game stop i head right to the subway. i'm not saying i'm never going to ever spend another cent on the game but i'm past tired of these things. the amount of money ive saved on the game since the revamp is embarrassing but its also extremely nice having extra money saved up.

all of my alts are falling behind. at this point its mostly just my main with me running a little bit of content on my top alts. just too much boring grind.
  12. Kuno Loyal Player

Completing Nuclear and Gorgon Slayer style feat.
    Getting the ultra rare collection for Phoenix material.
    I'm sad because I will never get those things :(
  13. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

Well when you put it that way ... it's still soul-draining ;)

• Like x 1
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Better spend on Replays than spend on Time Capsules.
  15. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

1. Time Capsules
    2. Riddled With Crime OP Collections
    3. LPvE
    4. Lair Battles
    5. Exobyte Gathering
  16. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

LPVE, PVP, collecting 16 base items from a seasonal for a 10 point feat, support role due to the grind for mods, those 2 stupid races i can never complete on time and my alts.
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Geez, so much PVP in here. At this point the devs should think about capping and scaling PvP stats in general - and add SP to that - and then just do away with cool styles and consumables and whatnot for PvP Marks. Either that or revamp the whole thing. And since it doesn't make them any money let's hope they do something like clamping.

And I say that remembering times around Origin Crisis where we had Loot Boxes with a daily/weekly lockout in PvP....or GU 14 and Marks of Strategy...
  18. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Well, yeah... it wasn't the primary focus of a lot of players to begin with... Then a small group of ultra competitive, PVP must be boring as hell, crowd helped lead the DEVs down a seemingly very rarely traveled road to near complete obscurity, thereby killing any hope of completing said content by ensuring everyone who may have been remotely interested, no longer were.

Add to that the lack of new maps, lack of new gear, etc, etc, etc, it's no wonder PVP easily is in the top 5 things most people have given up on.
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Totally disagree with this. In my opinion, the start of the downfall was 1 removing the RPS system, and then adding movement debuffs. Then to top it off, totally separating PvP and PvE all together. No more OP items, trinkets, etc. I agree with the trinkets, but not the OP items.

Sorry, PvP did not break from a group of elitists. I feel it was broken because PvE players did not want to learn PvP mechanics. SO they dumbed it down.

Really no different that PvE. Back in the day, only skilled dps got to be dps. Now it's whatever cause there s just no skill in 1234 PffT.
    • Like x 2
  20. Hytch Well-Known Player

Toyman missions. Not that I do not have the ability to do them. I just refuse out of principal. They're frustrating and dumb.
    • Like x 1