DCUO - 5 Things You Have Given Up On Achieving

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Feb 6, 2018.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

There are several things I have given up on in regards to DCUO, here are my top 5:

1. LPVE - Numerous Feats and Countless Repetitive Runs which I do not enjoy make this highly unlikely.

2. Modding - The price is too steep and the reward is too lacking.

3. Time Capsule Collections\Styles - Dropped Roughly $50 million buying up stuff over the weekend, only to see I had barely touched the tip of the iceberg... several time capsules are out now, and I, like many I assume, have yet to complete a single one.

4. PVP - I have a lot of feats already from this, including all the gear set feats, but I couldn't tell you the last time I PVP'd. I retain my gear, but its just a shinny reminder of past game play.

5. ALTs - I used to maintain no less than 3 toons, covering every role that could possibly be needed. This included modding, best gear, etc. Now I only play one toon for the most part.

What are some things you don't see yourself completing or achieving in DCUO?
    • Like x 12
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

Modding
    Gear
    Styles
    PVP
    Feats
    Never cared about TCs and wasn't a big fan of lpve.
    • Like x 1
  3. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

Definitely 1-4. I've been focusing more on my alts lately, since there's not much more to get from E3 and the only other content worth running lately basically boils down to seasonal events (for the base items, which I do like). I'm sure I have several more, but this is the one that immediately sprang to mind:

"Tragic the Gathering" feat (collect 25K exobits): I don't like that the exobit bundles we get from running low-tier content don't count towards the feat, but I begrudgingly get it. What I don't understand (and ultimately why I gave up on it) is that when you collect an exo in Gotham/Metropolis/CC that yields 2 or 3 bits it still only counts 1 towards the feat. :mad:
    • Like x 6
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering how much stuff I'm likely to leave on the table when the game finally shuts down, five isn't going to be enough for a list. :D
    • Like x 4
  5. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

• PS Trophies
    • Like x 2
  6. Vesper Dedicated Player

LPVE......I have every map feat, with all the pair-ups and map specials for every LPVE map. So now I'm supposed to go through the maps AGAIN just to roll the counter? MANY of the "families" don't have a female toon in the group. One of the families doesn't have a male toon in the group. I think every group could have at least one person of each gender in it, even if that means that the addition would get double credit on missions. This is neither unfair nor game-breaking------we have to do 5250 runs to finish all LPVE feats......doubling up on a couple toons would NOT hurt that counter too much.....but enough that it might be a little more in reach rather than the 14.4 YEARS that it would currently take to get these feats running just one LPVE instance a day.

Suggestions:

I get that Circe is considered a Wonder Woman- Family toon. She's a Wonder Woman villain. But she's a SORCERESS. She should get double credit as ARCANE.

Cheetah belongs in the Wonder Woman Family, but she's a SPEEDSTER. She ALSO belongs in the Speed category.

Huntress is Bat-family. But she has a history with Green Arrow and USES CROSSBOWS. She should ALSO be in the Archer category.

There are NO females in the Lantern group. Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris) and Arisia Rrab should both be released to get femmes on the team. Barring that, if NO new Legends are approved, then let Supergirl & Ursa get double credit-----they've both spent time as Red Lanterns.

There are NO males in the Truth (Wonder Woman) group. Black Adam & Captain Marvel (Shazam) both get their powers from the same Greco-Roman gods as the Amazons. Let them get dual credit.
    • Like x 6
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

PvP

Modding on alts because the difference is not noteworthy enough.

Legends PvE. I have all map-feats but I won't run thousand more runs for three or so lousy SO

Farming Exos. Last milestone was 15k and I just can't be bothered with it anymore. Again. It's one lousy SP.

Most importantly: I have given up the need to be top maxed out ASAP. I can beat all content anyways and I at some point realised that I in fact DO have time for everything. I am still 260 marks short on the recent OP neck. Will probably have it at the beginning of summer or so. Don't care. I am at peace with the grind :D
    • Like x 2
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Theres just not enough salvaging that can be done to make both mods and gen mods.
    • Like x 2
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I have mostly all my LPVE and have all my PVP Legends, but I have given up on PVP Arenas. There is a lot of grinding to be done in the PVP Arenas and sometimes i think its not worth it, however one of these days i will attack it. As far as modding i always believe that it absolutely necessary to mod both gear and and my generators with the highest mods available in the game. Right now i have over a 1000 simples and over 500 complexes. I saw the simple on sale on the broker and for a million dollars i bought a bunch of simples. Getting ready for the next content
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

LPVE...... the second we saw the ammount of grind and replays that would be needed to complete those Feats in less then 10 years..... it was clear that I would not waste one second trying to get any LPVE feats.

I play LPVE once is a while. If I get a feat..... good.
    If I don't get a feat.... it's still all good man. ;) ;)

And any feats that pretty much require a League run to hope to complete.

That is all I can think of. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The Lair Battle Feats - Current at 8 wins.
    • Like x 2
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

1.lpve
    2.pvp
    3.having fun in the game.
    • Like x 3
  13. BumblingB I got better.

LPVE
    PVP
    Time Capsules
    Alts - The biggest thing for me too. :(
    • Like x 5
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

LPVE count feats....I mean really, the flash group is Flash only, Green Arrow is just Green Arrow and Deathstroke. At least with the Batman and Superman families you can mix it up. I still run these if someone needs a hand getting a missed team up feat, or if they want a hand getting specific feats, but yeah, I don't see these completing anytime soon.

Exo Gathering...25,000? Way too much wasted time in this feat with no gain other than a single SP (1/2 at 10k 1/2 at 25K). I'm sure i'll hit 10k someday, but it wont be this year...maybe next either.

Lair battles...Although as it's the last PS trophy I need, I'll probably do it some day. I'll have to find someone to mix it up with and trade wins or something. I'm at around 250 in about 5.5 years... 1000 seems a long way away.

Mythic Monster Hunter....yeah I know it's a simple feat right? I've been running AF3 content for a year now and have yet to get the Gorgon Slayer belt on my main(I have it on 3 other toons, but i'm not grinding them to complete the pieces they are missing). It's a running gag with my group of friends that they will message me if they run something and get it, just to rub it in. If they are phasing out the rare style vendor, that was my only hope of getting it I'm afraid.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

basicly the same, exept number two for my main...
    • Like x 3
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

LPVE
    SP grinding

The skill point grind I gave up like 3 years ago. I'm literally at 342 or 343sp, and I only get them as they come.

My reason for stopping the grind had to do with three different aspects of our skill points. First, the PvP arena feats. Those of us that grinded the 250 wins got nothing extra for doing so, and that was B.S. Second, central city bounties. There was no feat originally. Most of the bounties I did, never counted. I was not happy they would add a feat like this after the fact and not grandfather those in who'd already finished it. Third, which kind of goes with the second. Lair duels. You used to have to win the match, to count as a win. Somewhere down the line they changed it to each round, with a possibility of three wins per match. This is another feat I had gotten some time over, but was not given my credit that I was due.

These three areas made me hate skill points all together. I thought when the revamp came, our skill points would be more, but I was wrong.
    • Like x 3
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

If you grind 100 exobits every day you can get 25000 exobits in less than 1 year.
  18. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Things I've given up on:
    1. OP items. Simply too expensive to keep up with for every episode.
    2 .PVP feats. I'm missing the 10,000 kills, lair battles, Hall of Doom. RIP to those.
    3. Trying to keep spammers powered while I'm on my troll toon. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Because it’s asking you to perform the task of gathering 25,000 times, as opposed to having gathered 25,000 exobits. An exobit, or multiple exobits, are that which has been gathered.

I’m on 16,800 gathers and hoping to finish up this year.

My ‘I give up’ is LPvE. I am on 210/243 LPvE feats, 103 runs from my next 10 point feat. It’s just too much.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Are you being sarcastic? Yeah, that math is accurate, but let's look at time spent vs reward. Assuming you got to 5K and got the feats associated there, you have 1 1/2 SP left to get in gathering feats(2x25 and 2x50). So 20K bits at 100 a day means 200 days. If you did that 5 days a week, that's 40 weeks or roughly 10 months. How long to get 100 bits without using a radar enhancer? An hour? A bit less? Let's say an hour to make it round numbers. That's 200 hours spread out over 10 months to get 1 1/2 SP. Sure you can sell those 20K bits for a few million added up, but it's not like the old days where bits=cash. I don't see the time investment being worth it. The whole feat was made for when there was less to do in the game and the bits had value. At this point, neither is true.

Reinheld
    • Like x 5