DCUO 2015 (Devs Encouraged to Join In)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Splinter Cell, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

So now that we're well into Tier 6, with expert mods now, what do we want most for the year 2015 with DC Universe Online? We have Amazon Fury Part II arriving soon, along with Halls of Power Part II, and perhaps even The War of the Light Part III conclusion. Advanced Mechanics for all powers will be in full swing by summer, and here is hoping they're all enjoyable to play. :) We also have a brand new seasonal event for Valentine's, which is a nice change in pace.

So with all the content we'll be getting this year, as well as various updates, what do you all hope to see? What is everyone most excited about? Leave nothing out, no matter how small, large, or silly, let your voices be heard here! ;)

Personally? I would like the Galactic Goonies (formerly known as the Revengencers), to establish a new agenda to drive the developers insane with again. What will that be? Who knows? We're random like that. I would also like to see some creative directions with future raids. Not that what we have isn't fun, I enjoy them, but to quote the Joker, "it's time to shake things up a bit." How about a raid that is a decent length? A raid where the boss chases the entire team through the map, as opposed to the team coming to them. Each boss battle in the raid could be intermittent battles where the boss catches up, and we have to repel them back, buying us time to move forward. Or something like that. :D Or something inspired by the blades trap from the League of Assassins Stronghold. A final battle where energy, blades, or something is enclosing in on the raid, and we have to activate some devices to slow it down, or to have the devices be what burns the boss down as opposed to the DPS doing that. The DPS would focus on the main threats, and mobs, that arrive while the controllers can work the mechanisms, the tank would keep the mobs on them as well as the boss. With everyone spread out, it may require two healers even ;).

Or Open World PvE events, and this could be a once a week thing, with NO resets. Doomsday invades Metropolis, or Zod, and his army attacks. A giant Joker and Harley Quinn robot in Gotham, or a battle royale with all the mentors fighting each other. The possibilities are endless! :)

Also, let's try and keep it constructive, no need to be rude, meow.
    • Like x 5
  2. Will Power Loyal Player

Doomsday is coming with the new 3 part Superman Trilogy the devs announced at SOE LIVE 2014. Your not going to see him any sooner as for Zod he's traped in the Phantom Zone.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Pfft when has that ever stopped him? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  4. Wildbill0124 New Player

Would love to see trigon rise from the depths in open world. Make him so disruptive and powerful that villains and heros alike have no choice but to join in the fight to get rid of him.
    • Like x 2
  5. Xolag Well-Known Player

Still waiting for Darkseid :(
    • Like x 2
  6. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

The Superman trilogy does sound appealing, and I am also looking forward to more Legends characters getting added to the roster. Here's hoping PvP is fixed sooner than later, as well. It's getting quite redonkulous.
  7. Ghostof91 New Player

For starters I would like to see a new raid mechanics like bosses shapeshifting into one of us players and stealing our powers while making you unable to attack.

Lets take all DC iconics we have for PvE and make them interact with the open world more than they do like for heroes stopping man from jumping off a building will trigger a villain like Metallo to attack you, while for villains robbing a bank will trigger a hero like Superman
    to attack you.

Remove kicking out of instances and replace it with a similiar mechanic to the one in PvP were it will pick up a player that throws in the towel but for PvE, the kick can either function automatically were the DPS with the lowest score gets booted by game, if the game detects some type of purposely negative act like a still character not moving, foul language in text or chat.
    • Like x 1
  8. B4nn3dAcc0nt New Player

Thumbs down to this.
    • Like x 1
  9. Will Power Loyal Player

Let me remind you Lex freed Zod he didn't escape the Phantom Zone on his own and Kal-El put him right back where he was suppose to be that Kryptoian can't be trusted to be free. After all he want's to rule the world and make it a New Krypton. I'd love a New Krypton story line also introducing SuperWoman.

[IMG]

Also I want Mon El to join the Superman Mythos in our DC Universe Online character list.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Random Redshirt Well-Known Player

Really looking forward to Serums powerset. I'm hoping it will be light on the visual FX, and just let us enjoy a physical powerset, without all kinds of explodey effects and such.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Doomsday is in the kryptonian trilogy
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As far as the game itself goes, I'm just hoping the Munitions power set works well for me, as it could fit an existing character quite nicely and give me a little more variety (got a Gadgets character with a backstory that could fit).

Beyond that, the only other thing I'd hope for is a change in some of the player behaviors that I can find somewhat irksome, but that's not something I'm going to hold my breath on. :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Will Power Loyal Player

Just look at your Bane Legend Toon their might be a good amount of those kind of powers hopefully that size changing power for fun.
  14. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

My needs are few.

1) Perhaps my favorite bit of voice casting in the DCAU is the iconic Ed Asner as Granny Goodness (one of the many DC characters he's played).
    Get him. Praise Lou Grant.

2) A random button [?] for Legends for your unlocked characters. I'd love to NOT know which character I'm playing until I enter the match.

3) Petrigan, the 'lil Demon.
    Next Halloween? Pwetty pwease?

Thank you for your consideration.
    • Like x 1
  15. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Lots of good ideas here, I also agree with a randomized Legends button for PvP, and even the PvE events. I would like to see the Iconics in the open-world more, not merely as bounties or feat related. But, just to see them swoop in and stop a crime, or commit one, it could be a non-interference little extra that we could witness. Just set them up as being unattackable like the civilians in the cities. :) Give the iconic cities a feeling of more immersion.