DC's Lucifer TV show...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by SuperSoldier, Jul 15, 2015.

1. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

This show is loosely based on the DC/Vertigo Lucifer comic created by Neil Gaiman and seems to be flying under the radar.

[IMG]
    In the comics, Lucifer gives up his duties of running Hell, closes its doors, makes peace with "the Presence" and lives on Earth.

Anyone going to watch and give this show a chance? It's going to air on Fox.
    • Like x 6
  2. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Must watch.
  3. Black Fist Loyal Player

Looks good, I'll watch it. Of course they made the evil guy British. Friggin' evil British people... When are they gonna be Gandalf again?! I'm really tired...
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Looks like it would be fun :D
    Is it just me, or does it seem like that 'angel' is working without permission from 'Daddy upstairs'?
    Also, any bets this will last as long as Constantine did?
    • Like x 1
  5. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Man i ***** love Sandman's Comics. But think it will be more like Arrow than Vertigo's style. Constantine was beggining to align in the rails and was canceled, aparently. So i'm not optimist with this show.
  6. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Lucifer is one of the most OP people in comics history
    Hard to make a show of a thing that powerful
    • Like x 1
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

I will give it a watch,
    it's on Fox it might make it,
    Constantine was on nbc doomed to fail from the start,
    isn't that the black guy Angel from Constantine?
  8. Faust74 Loyal Player

Geez, so Lucifer is being portrayed as a wanna-be detective? Pass... :rolleyes:

I'm already watching a comic based Tv series where a person is using her supernatural gift to help a detective solve murders. But, with Zombies.
  9. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

Not the same actor, but could be the same Angel.
  10. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

If things goes well, Constantine might make an aparition or even Sandman.
  11. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

You would have lost that bet. Season 2 is on it's way, scheduled for September. Looking forward to it :D

Actually, can't wait for it :D
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It actually has been fun, and, until Season Two actually airs, not holding any breathes :p
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just when it gets to an interesting point (Lucy getting arrested for murder), stupid network puts it on hold for a couple weeks for the 'Special' Olympics :mad:
  14. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Thank Jebus it was renewed for season 2. This replaces Castle for me.

15. Dephyre Committed Player

I'm digging it so far
  16. Bloodartist_ Active Player

I think the word "loosely" is being kind... They just took little pieces and made a completely different take. I would be willing to bet this Lucifer character has nothing whatsoever in common with the Vertigo version.

Personally I love Vertigo's Lucifer comic that this is SUPPOSED to be based on, and I have no intention of ever watching this (not that I even could, back here in the fringes of eastern Europe).
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you look at as a unique story, then it's quite good (apart from yet another Angel being a knob)
  18. BVS Committed Player

This is a really good show. It has witty comments, the explanations from Lucifer's side of things as well as him being a Devil and not being ashamed and hiding it, he actually flaunts it to any and everybody who wants to listen. The 2nd season is looking very promising as there has only been 1 episode so far
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just saw'd the final of Season Two (bye bye mummy dear), so many questions about the very end though, but don't want to say anything and spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet
  20. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player