DC Universe Online Rallies For Extra Life!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Here at DC Universe Online, we tend to identify more with the heroes' side of things and take pride in the positive role-models and experiences this genre and this community provide. We also find it necessary to extend that example from pretending to be heroes in a game to actually being heroes in the real world, when we can.

That's why we're proud to continue our annual tradition of supporting Extra Life, a worthy cause that invites everyone's individual acts to combine into something truly heroic: this network of hospitals that can provide care to children most in need. Our DCUO Extra Life Team is already up and running in support of Dell Children's Ascension, our local hospital here in Austin.

For The Kids!

The DCUO Extra Life Team is working to raise $20,000 this year. As of writing this, after a couple of brief livestreams, we and you have already raised over $4,000! We will have more livestreams, more incentives (in-game, art, and other!) to really earn your donations as we race toward this year's game day on November 7, 2020.

Not only that, Dimensional Ink Games (our Austin studio) is going to jumpstart the team's fundraising even further with a donation of $5,000! We - our studio, our players, our community - are all in this together. For The Kids!

Why Extra Life?

Extra Life is a charitable organization that unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $70 million for sick and injured kids.

By fundraising, our team is helping to support a local hospital that treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their illness, injury, or even their family’s ability to pay. And as the COVID-19 pandemic places new stresses on hospitals and communities, Extra Life helps ensure that the 170 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals around North America have the resources they need to care for the most vulnerable kids.

How Can I Help?

It's really very simple: donate yourself, spread the word, or even make your own team! Everyone wins no matter what. Also, join us every Friday between now and Extra Life's National Game Day on November 7, 2020, as well as on the big day, for livestream hijinks and, again, make sure you check out the incentives our developers have available.

So far, we have offered character portraits, game-time with developers, and exclusive (real-life) post-cards. We will soon offer more of the above, new individual incentives, and communal goals to reach in-game rewards for or team's total! Not only that, but all previous years' rewards will return, too.

To make a donation, visit our Extra Life Team Page here, and select any member on the team. Each member may have special incentives available, so click around for their incentive options, and choose what works best for you. (Did we mention exclusive postcards and handwritten notes from developers already?)

[IMG]
    The Postcards you need and deserve.

Remember, you don't have to donate. Spreading the word is a huge help. Just showing up, playing, and having fun can go along way to convincing others to donate, too. Thank you and remember, heroes*: it's For The Kids!

*All you villains can help, too, just make sure to spin up an overly convoluted and complicated circumstance where IN THIS CASE only it makes sense for your evil self to do a good thing, or retcon your fall into semi-humanity later with a similar story of not quite nonsense.
    • Like x 17
  2. Eve YouTuber

Awesome. This is a great cause.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheMan ofTomorrow New Player

aye can the players get the solomon grundy body type for our characters
    • Like x 1
  4. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

1) Awesome

2) The small print! Even more awesome.
    • Like x 1
  5. Brit Loyal Player

How about "Premium Namechange Tokens"? Let us pay $100 to get a name that has been locked on an account that has been inactive for over 18 months.

I want to help children badly enough that I would buy multiples.
    • Like x 4
  6. RoboDuck New Player

It's called Large
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Tempting...
    • Like x 8
  8. Rad Rita New Player

Yes, we desperately need another name reclaim of innactive/ Low character's names.

Hell, I'd pay $5/500 Marketplace cash for each innactive name at this point. :D
  9. August Moon Well-Known Player

you know you want to , and we're just greedy enough to pay for it
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

For the name The Phantom... I'll pay $50 000........ CAN.

So about $4.99 US. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

Extra Life Stream Out of Context:

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

Great stream as always. Happy I can help and happy I snagged another portrait slot from Megzilla :D
    Thanks Meg!!!
    • Like x 1
  14. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Very laudable cause, but we would have more money for this type of cause if the game would not insist on making us spend so much.

a word to the wise ;)
  15. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Scored the last character sketch slot from Megzilla, yay me! Started a private convo with her on here because that's what the directions seemed to say. Haven't heard back, hope I didn't mess up somehow.
  16. Elderscrollsnerd New Player

I just hoped that one of the Devs might be able to help me out, i logged in yesterday and today for the free gifys but both the Glimmer Wings and Sparkle trail weee missing from the items given to me. Ive tried everything from logging back in, trying it out on other characters etc. If a dev could give me any kind lf help i would be really grateful!
  17. Elderscrollsnerd New Player

Wanted to post an update as ive now recieved everything that i mentioned previously. Thankyou to whoever responed to my previous message if it was a dev!